Testosterone therapy

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hey guys (and gals). Eight months ago I started T therapy and have been thrilled with the results. (Blog entry on the topic)

Of course I"m also taking Maca Root, zinc and several other supplements. But I felt so much better after two months that I started to work out, have dropped 25 pounds and have much better physical stamina during the day. Oh, and yeah, Lil Rambler's been rock hard and at full attention. Balls have shrunk tho...

Anybody else going through this and what have your results been? Are you just using supplements?

HangnTN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Have been on Androgel for about 4 years and at 71 feel great...work out 3x a week and work around the "gentleman's farm" we have. Just wish there was something to rev up my 60 year old wife who avoids love making with a panoply of reasons, tricks and ploys. Oh well....

Considering a switch to Aveed. Anyone here familiar with it?

sixtwo190

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hey guys (and gals). Eight months ago I started T therapy and have been thrilled with the results. (Blog entry on the topic)

Of course I"m also taking Maca Root, zinc and several other supplements. But I felt so much better after two months that I started to work out, have dropped 25 pounds and have much better physical stamina during the day. Oh, and yeah, Lil Rambler's been rock hard and at full attention. Balls have shrunk tho...

Anybody else going through this and what have your results been? Are you just using supplements?

Would love to know your full supplement regimen. I'm already on T replacement. I'm researching what to add to it. Thanks.

Reactions: RamblingCock

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Would love to know your full supplement regimen. I'm already on T replacement. I'm researching what to add to it. Thanks.

Taking Maca Root (on the advice of my regular doctor, not the urologist), L-Argenine and zinc. All are known to have beneficial effect on blood flow and systemic health.

Reactions: drambone2001

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Any dosage of testosterone will result in a total shut down of production in your testes.

No offense meant, but where in the Sam Hill did you get that?

Nothing, absolutely nothing I've seen, read or been given by the doctor indicates that's the case.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No offense meant, but where in the Sam Hill did you get that?

Nothing, absolutely nothing I've seen, read or been given by the doctor indicates that's the case.

Of course that is correct. If you take exogenous thyroid hormone, your brain tells your thyroid gland to stop making more. If you take exogenous testosterone, your brain tells your testes to stop making more. Simple as that. And, if you are appropriately taking exogenous testosterone, it's very likely because your testes stopped making enough in the first place.

D

deleted1025121

How low should your testosterone be before you should take the injections or those testosterone patches?

I have read articles too that if you supplement your bodies androgen then your body kind of slows down and relies upon the supplement. I have heard your testes can shrink and fatty tissue develop in your breast area. There seems to be so many negative side effects.

All I know is I'm 46 and my testosterone is usually 1 point away from being flagged as LOW. So I'm on the VERY low end of the acceptable spectrum. I never thought that should be the case being I'm only 46yo. I don't have erection issues but I certainly have zero libido. Often times I don't even have the desire to jerk off. Exhaustion, sleep issues, depression are other symptoms of mine. I'm just not sure what to do. I dont trust my doctor to be honest. He seems like he just doesn't care.

Reactions: Revone

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How low should your testosterone be before you should take the injections or those testosterone patches?

I have read articles too that if you supplement your bodies androgen then your body kind of slows down and relies upon the supplement. I have heard your testes can shrink and fatty tissue develop in your breast area. There seems to be so many negative side effects.

All I know is I'm 46 and my testosterone is usually 1 point away from being flagged as LOW. So I'm on the VERY low end of the acceptable spectrum. I never thought that should be the case being I'm only 46yo. I don't have erection issues but I certainly have zero libido. Often times I don't even have the desire to jerk off. Exhaustion, sleep issues, depression are other symptoms of mine. I'm just not sure what to do. I dont trust my doctor to be honest. He seems like he just doesn't care.

You need to know the free (not total) testosterone.

Erectile function is not a good symptomatic measure, but libido is. That said, libido is very complicated and while affected by androgen deficiency, it's also definitely affected by stress, lack of sleep, mood, etc.

If you don't trust your doctor, find a new one for goodness sake!

D

deleted1025121

Its tough to find doctors where I am. Very complicated. He's ok enough...but just not very interested. And maybe I'm overreacting. But yes..my libido is crap. No desire for anything. But some of that might be because I'm not in a relationship or anything. But if taking testosterone will help..I'm for that. I'd like a more natural way...but I'm not a fan of a lot of those supplements like Maca or L-Arginine. They make my heart race and I'm on other meds that shouldn't be taken with.

Reactions: Revone

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He's ok enough...but just not very interested.

Most people are, by default, deferential to doctors (given their role as authorities). Which is fine most of the time, but it's not a perfect dynamic. Doctors never have all the information that their patient has, nor do they have the perspective of their patient, which can be a very important perspective to consider. Also, the interests of one's doctor don't always perfectly align with one's own interests. The only way to remedy these sorts of unharmonious situations are for the patient to snap out of the deferential disposition. Get assertive with your doctor and tell him what you want to know, what you wanted to have tested, and what forms of treatment you want to consider.

D

deleted1025121

Saw my doctor and got the needed tests done. Now I wait to see what the results are. But i'm curious...are there any supplements out there that are safe and somewhat mild (cause my body is super sensitive)...but can increase testosterone and libido naturally? I was at Sprouts/Whole Foods today and was overwhelmed with everything they have in the "men's" section. Maybe something that will increase my desire or even the size of my loads (as I've noticed this has dropped off too with the loss of libido).