Testosterone therapy

D

deleted1025121

Yeah, I'm not overweight...and I sleep a ton already it seems. I dont really exercise much and my stress levels are quite elevated. My cortisol levels have always been high.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Cortisol elevation is tough to measure because blood test levels don't correlate well with physiologic effect. That said, high stress leads almost invariably to other bad things. If you can identify the source(s) of stress, you've a good place to start!

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hey guys (and gals). Eight months ago I started T therapy and have been thrilled with the results. (Blog entry on the topic)

Of course I"m also taking Maca Root, zinc and several other supplements. But I felt so much better after two months that I started to work out, have dropped 25 pounds and have much better physical stamina during the day. Oh, and yeah, Lil Rambler's been rock hard and at full attention. Balls have shrunk tho...

Anybody else going through this and what have your results been? Are you just using supplements?
Get your Dr to write a prescription for Clomid. I take 12.5 mg a day and my balls have remained the same size. I have read it can make you have a much higher sperm count so take care if you don't want children.

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Of course that is correct. If you take exogenous thyroid hormone, your brain tells your thyroid gland to stop making more. If you take exogenous testosterone, your brain tells your testes to stop making more. Simple as that. And, if you are appropriately taking exogenous testosterone, it's very likely because your testes stopped making enough in the first place.

But that's not what was said. The statement was "total shutdown of production", and that's not the case. Nor is the "shutdown" permanent. Yes, I recognize that the testes stop production based upon another source, but don't think - unless there's a doctor here to correct me - that it's total. Or permanent. The comment struck me as a hysteria-based comment rather than a medically sound one.

la6nine: I found Maca Root to be the best, though I'm still trying out different manufacturers. Others, like L-Argenine and Zinc, haven't given much of a noticeable boost. But every body is different.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But that's not what was said. The statement was "total shutdown of production", and that's not the case. Nor is the "shutdown" permanent. Yes, I recognize that the testes stop production based upon another source, but don't think - unless there's a doctor here to correct me - that it's total. Or permanent. The comment struck me as a hysteria-based comment rather than a medically sound one.

la6nine: I found Maca Root to be the best, though I'm still trying out different manufacturers. Others, like L-Argenine and Zinc, haven't given much of a noticeable boost. But every body is different.

There is a lot of misinformation about this topic online, here and elsewhere. FWIW, I am a physician, prescribe testosterone replacement and have written journal articles about the subject. With exogenous testosterone, testicular production of hormone stops and with sufficient duration of supplementation, that can result in permanent dependence on exogenous testosterone. Settled science.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love settled science, like gastric ulcers are caused by inability to handle normal life stresses and the incidence of celiac disease in the U.S is 10% of that in Italy.

Yep, most of science is much less settled than we'd all prefer. And while I suppose there might be surprises here as well, the pattern is pretty clear. Never a bad idea to keep an open mind to new data but for now, it's not reasonable to counsel that normal testicular steroid production will likely return after prolonged exogenous androgen.

G

girthyoldguy

Ive been on trt therapy for 5 years and its been a godsend. My daytime total test was down to 88. Should be over 300. Only real down side is elevated red blood cell count. Donate blood every 2 months keeps that in check. No ball shrinkage either. Currently using testim as that what insurance covers.