Texans Fear Obama-itis?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midlifebear, Sep 16, 2010.

1. midlifebear

Gold Member

Yesterday in El Diario (Barcelona's daily newspaper) that is regarded as a model about keeping everything fair and balanced -- even reportage about ETA -- had a short news note that recently the President of the United States traveled to Texas and gave a speech directed at students in grades K1 through K12 about the virtues of staying in school, getting good grades, and empowering themselves by attending college or university. The kicker is that many school districts (it didn't name how many school districts) required students to have their parents sign waivers allowing their children listen to (and some of them meet) the President?

So, I Googled the President's speech and listened to all of it. I'm 65 years-old. Trust me when I say that President Dwight Eisenhower's speeches to students and the Nation were a thousand times more provocative!

The USA, especially Texas, has become so looney that parents don't trust the President to address the children of the USA? Well, call me a left wing commie pinko in bad shoes, but there is something seriously and dangerously wrong happening in the USA if students need their parent's permission to listen to the President speak while they are in school.

Since when did Obama become an R rated spectacle? And how outright ignorant/stupid/uneducated really are the residents of Texas? As a graduate of the University of Texas, Austin, I'm embarrassed to admit I ever attended school in that State.

Opinions? Rants? Stupid and ignorant excuses for such behavior by Texas School Districts? Bring 'em on!

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Perhaps they were afraid the assembly was going to look and sound like this.
    President O-bizzle in the house! :biggrin:

3. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    RIGHT ON!!:grinning-smiley-003

4. B_bigenuff4uagain

B_bigenuff4uagain New Member

Then please by all means, do all of us a favor that proudly bleed burnt orange, and open your wrists immediately with the nearest rusty object you can find. The state and school are equally embarrassed.........:cool:

5. B_bigenuff4uagain

B_bigenuff4uagain New Member

Hey "Party Boy" the winds o` change are blowin like you at a truck stop. Can you feel November? Got a song for ya, Na na na na na na, hey hey.....:wink:

6. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^What kind of loser registers an anonymous account on a big dick website just to attack someone in the tiny politics forum?

lol... Pathetic.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Sorry, that wasn't the winds of change blowing on your backside. You just farted and we can still smell it from here. How's that Koch funded anger doing ya? :rolleyes:

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    The kind of loser that was already here and got themselves booted out with their idiocy. The kind of loser that enjoys returning to places it clearly isn't welcome.

9. ravenx

ravenx Member

maybe someone who feels the need to compensate for their "inadequacies" by running their mouth? heh

10. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

11. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    E_4_U_2 will be banned before I get up this morning, I trust.

As to the topic: color me shocked. A state that routinely executes the developmentally disabled and which threatens secession has "issues" with POTUS and schoolkids in the same room? Who could have imagined?

12. tchmango

tchmango New Member

Albums:
    As to the topic: color me shocked. A state that routinely executes the developmentally disabled and which threatens secession has "issues" with POTUS and schoolkids in the same room? Who could have imagined?

Imagine a place that actually cares about parents rights and defers to parents wishes. As to "Crazy" how's those home prices and unemployment in Vegas and Florida? Wish you all the best.

13. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Hardly obamma's way too white to get down. they just realize they made a mistake electing him. they they drank the cool aid and got fed a bunch of lies. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. bush should have used a teleprompter for that one.

#13 D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    1) I know this is gonna sound totally insane, but if you want to quote someone, all you have to do is click on the "quote" button at the bottom of someone's post.

2) Don't put words in my mouth; I never used the word "crazy", you did, mystery person with no gender, age, location or sexual orientation.

3) The "parent[al] rights" canard is perhaps the oldest card in the entire social-reactionary deck and comes with many obvious limits, but play away, Mama Grizzly :wink:

4) If you wish me the best, then why are you pointing out the dire economic conditions where I live? FWIW, and since you mentioned it, I support myself nicely working six nights per week; it's a lot of fun but a whole lot of hard work :cool:

15. LittleButt

LittleButt Member

I am living in another good ole' Southern State and I can assure you that Texas is not the only one who mixes politics with the best interests of the child. In my district teachers were not allowed to mention Obama's Presidential win in the classroom nor were they able to let the students watch the Inaugural without signed consent forms.

And, as for the Kool-Aid comments I see posted so often I want to mention one thing: either this is a failed racist attempt to malign people (in which case you the less veiled "Fried Chicken and Watermelon-loving" tag) or it's a reference to a Christian who lead an entire church into suicide. Not sure which.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wow. :rolleyes:
    There's so many wrong things about that statement I won't even begin to go into any detail as to how offensive it is because a dumb ass like yourself simply won't get it. Just remember, when Jesse Jackson implied it a while back it was still inappropriate. So next time, when I call you a racist bigot don't get mad at me, OK?

17. maxcok

Gold Member

I kinda stopped paying attention at that point.

But I woke up for this:
    Yes he shoulda. Or tuned his earpiece. Genius!

18. stillaround

stillaround New Member

The kind your mom likes.:smile:

19. stillaround

stillaround New Member

I expected more from you pinko. That was lame, don`t fret you have another chance in 2 years.:tongue:

20. stillaround

stillaround New Member

I`m as welcome as any place YOU are cock smoker. This is still the United States, and before the "fairy mod mothers" delete THIS account, I would like to tell you a story. This was once a very cool site and fun to visit, until all of rad lib`s took control of the boards (like you TRIED to take the country) and started deleting every voice of dissent. This place is like a fire ant hill, stir it up a little and watch the queens come running out in defense. Give it up. Really. Ban me now, I`m a dozen different names from a dozen IP`s. What are the "fairy mod mothers" going to do....Ban the whole membership? See you in November............ as who?:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted