Texas gov. Back resolution affirming sovereignty

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Time for a multi-party system...

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - Gov. Perry Backs Resolution Affirming Texas’ Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment

Gov. Perry Backs Resolution Affirming Texas’ Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment

HCR 50 Reiterates Texas’ Rights Over Powers Not Otherwise Granted to Federal Government
April 09, 2009

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perry is positioning for 2012.

Next resolution he has in the works -- "AMERICA - FUCK YEAH!"

Yeah, a bit of posturizing IMHO, but this, along with the AG proclaiming "right wing" threats, tea parties, etc... this isn't protesting a Federal government action (i.e. Iraq), but the government body itself.

On a side note... I lent the government money in 2007 interest-free in the form of overpaid taxes. They paid me back that money in 2008, and now they want to tax me on that re-payment via "income".

?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tea party thing is looking more and more legit.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I say cut them loose. The more conservative the state, the more the inequality between what they send to Washington and what they get back.

Let 'em sit in their own swill. It serves 'em right.

dude252007

1st Like
Media
Actually, Texas sends the third largest amount to Washington after CA and NY but gets back less per cap than those two states. Do you drive a car? Thank Texas for the fuel to power it. Outside the cities, all Americans are a bit conservative.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
nobody pays any attention to purty boy rick except his haircare people and his boyfriend. thank god the lt. gov. runs the state.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
can you love teabagging and still be 100% str8 or does it mean you just curious?

You'll be happy to know that "tea bagging" is not just reserved to the gay community. So feel free to dip your nuts in the mouth of any willing female participant you can find! :biggrin1:

Mackey

Just Browsing
Media
I'm all for small government, more personal freedoms and all that old school conservative stuff... but where were they when Bush stealing our civil liberties? This is exactly why I vote third party now.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
HCR 50 Reiterates Texas’ Rights Over Powers Not Otherwise Granted to Federal Government
April 09, 2009

Yeah, where was all this "federal gub'mint is gettin' too big fer its britches" ballyhoo when Dubya was ramming the unfunded mandates of NCLB down the throats of the states? :rolleyes:

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Facey, bro, adjust your exemptions and other withholding :)

Teabagging <snicker> Parties are being organized and paid for by several conservative PACs (including one led by Dick Armey). ("If you are going to have hundreds of teabagging parties across the country, you are going to need a Dick Armey!") Fox has provided free PR and even offered bandwidth for 'virtual' teabagging. The least educated voters are being punked again by the radical right.

As a side note, I think I first teabagged as a college freshman. She was lying there on her back, and it just seem so right ...

Yeah, a bit of posturizing IMHO, but this, along with the AG proclaiming "right wing" threats, tea parties, etc... this isn't protesting a Federal government action (i.e. Iraq), but the government body itself.

On a side note... I lent the government money in 2007 interest-free in the form of overpaid taxes. They paid me back that money in 2008, and now they want to tax me on that re-payment via "income".

?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tea party thing is looking more and more legit.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
at one of ricky's reelection year somebody said he was gay, he went ballistic was too funny. anyone that has ever seen would wonder if it was not true and he was protesting to much. him and senator kay bailey hutchinson, the former channel 2 weather girl, want to exchange jobs next election. Texas has always had some strange politics.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I sense there is some disappointment that your boy and his ideology (an ideology even you didn't expect) is already under fire 4 months in.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, where was all this "federal gub'mint is gettin' too big fer its britches" ballyhoo when Dubya was ramming the unfunded mandates of NCLB down the throats of the states? :rolleyes:
I protested, I actually sent a protest e-mail. :cool: Never got so much as a form letter in response. :mad:

I sense a racist undertone. Racism is for losers.
It does sound that way doesn't it. :irked: Perhaps if they could attack his actions and laws without calling him 'boy' they wouldn't sound racist. :rolleyes:

I sense there is some disappointment that your boy and his ideology (an ideology even you didn't expect) is already under fire 4 months in.
Technically it will be 3 months on April 20th, not 4 months. Also, watch who you call boy. :angryfire2:

can you love teabagging and still be 100% str8 or does it mean you just curious?
Yes, you can as long as the mouth in question is female. :kiss: