100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Sounds like you guys got this down pat.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Texas has the highest percentage of minimum wages jobs in the US. Perry’s Texas Has Highest Percentage Of Minimum Wage Jobs In The Nation | ThinkProgress

"Gov. Rick Perry used federal stimulus money to pay 97 percent of Texas's budget shortfall in fiscal 2010--which is funny, because Perry spent a lot of time talking about just how terrible the stimulus was. In fact, Texas was the state that relied most heavily on stimulus funds, CNN's Tami Luhbyreports."
Stimulus-Hating Gov. Rick Perry Used Stimulus to Balance Texas Budget - Elspeth Reeve - NationalJournal.com

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Yet another rocket scientist as governor in Texas:

Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds

Wow... He received a "D" in Principles of Economics. WTF?

He also received a "C" in Required Physical Education (Gym). The guy got a "C" in gym. How is that even possible?

I thought maybe he had a heavy credit load... nope 15 credits that semester.

Is it a requirement for Governor of Texas to be dumb as rocks?

Unbelievable.

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just two years ago, this man who wishes to be President, talked about Leading Texas in a secession from the United States. Even though it was 150 years ago, we are still fighting the Civil War. He not only wishes to turn the clock back to 1917, before the direct election of Senators, but he wants to repeal the 14th Amendment passed after the Civll War.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You forgot about the great GW Bush. Friend. He was also governor of TEXAS.

You're missing the point. He said "the last Texas Governor worth a damn". Not the most stupid governor. But then, you're a product of the Great State of Texas' public school system. So how do you know anything?

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're missing the point. He said "the last Texas Governor worth a damn". Not the most stupid governor. But then, you're a product of the Great State of Texas' public school system. So how do you know anything?

Actually pal, I'm a product of the wonderful tax breaks given to my wealthy parents by our wonderful governor/president the illustrious mr. Bush that allowed my education to be given to me by wonderful private institutions. :)

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well that was a fine state investment then...Should the governmant have cut taxes so one rich kid could get a better schooling instead of taking the money and spending it on the state education system? Which kids needed better education more?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually pal, I'm a product of the wonderful tax breaks given to my wealthy parents by our wonderful governor/president the illustrious mr. Bush that allowed my education to be given to me by wonderful private institutions. :)

Ironically, this is a perfect example as to why our system is broken. The wealthy continually getting breaks by the government by way of tax cuts so they can continue to better themselves. Meanwhile on the other side of the tracks, you have a person who grew up in a poor/working class family and doesn't have enough money to go through savings and financial aid, but has a stellar academic record that borders on the level of valedictorian. The only difference between the two people is that one was born in a family with a better financial climate. And that's supposed to determine who gets the better education on default?

Sorry... I don't buy that one bit. It has nothing to do with whether or not one gets a better education in Public or Private schools. Every child in this country is supposed to be entitled to a quality education. Yet during a massive recession (which is looking more like it's being controlled by certain sources for political reasons, but I won't go there until I've connected more dots), more slashes and cuts have been made to public Education making it more difficult for anyone in that industry to do their jobs efficiently. Funny how the voices of equality love to chime when it becomes about money & taxes, yet when it comes to something more vital it becomes every (wo)man for themselves?

It's also showing how the wealthy swing of the "teats" of government just as much as the poor. But whatever... let's go hunting for more Welfare Queens in Brick City. I'm sure that'll make us all feel more self righteous! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guess what bro, I'm not a rich kid. My parents have money, I'm broke as shit. How ignorant can you be to imply, without knowing me, that my parents are not working class? The money that has trickled down from grandparents grandparents that have bought land, businesses, and paid for generations of education were not paid for with much blood, sweat, and hard work. The ability to make sound decisions, put in long hours, and be fiscally responsible is one that is available to EVERYONE! Just because my family chose to make their own way through life. Also, you can consider it luck that on a several thousand acre tract owned by my maternal grandmother happens to have a lot of oil underneath it. And on another stroke of genius, when her grandfather bought it he had enough foresight and forward thinking to secure the mineral rights at the time of purchase.

I was being entirely facetious about tax breaks funding my education. It was entirely my parents money.

So, I really can't say we swing from the government tit. We might fill it up so others can drink.

I don't know what you're saying about brick city, idk what that is.

Also, keep in mind, that a couple hundred or so years ago, we were ALL poor. As dirt. And everyone's education sucked. Some people just chose to put in the effort to rise from that.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Guess what bro, I'm not a rich kid. My parents have money, I'm broke as shit. How ignorant can you be to imply, without knowing me, that my parents are not working class? The money that has trickled down from grandparents grandparents that have bought land, businesses, and paid for generations of education were not paid for with much blood, sweat, and hard work. The ability to make sound decisions, put in long hours, and be fiscally responsible is one that is available to EVERYONE! Just because my family chose to make their own way through life. Also, you can consider it luck that on a several thousand acre tract owned by my maternal grandmother happens to have a lot of oil underneath it. And on another stroke of genius, when her grandfather bought it he had enough foresight and forward thinking to secure the mineral rights at the time of purchase.

I was being entirely facetious about tax breaks funding my education. It was entirely my parents money.

So, I really can't say we swing from the government tit. We might fill it up so others can drink.

I don't know what you're saying about brick city, idk what that is.

Also, keep in mind, that a couple hundred or so years ago, we were ALL poor. As dirt. And everyone's education sucked. Some people just chose to put in the effort to rise from that.

Right, that was your family's and ancestor's hard work, not your own, correct? So you're admitting that you had lots of help from family money that was not due in any part to your own hard work?

(PS, I sent you a response via Pvt Mssg but not sure it got thru)

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
A quality education is to be extended to every child through the high school level. College education is not a guaranteed right. I worked to put myself through college. I worked a semester, and went to school the next semester. Combining that with a small savings account my parents had started for me made it possible. I didn't eat out. I didn't date. I didn't buy new clothes. I didn't have a car. I borrowed an old clunker from my parents. Peeps on here are constantly complaining they weren't priviledged. I know a family where the dad was a ditch digger. They had 11 children. Yes, they received food stamps. Every single one of their children is a professional. They worked hard to get there but they did it. Quit your damn whining, and get up and work for what you want.
Most of the rants on here are nothing but jealousy.
Btw, the wealthy make large contributions to Universities for scholarships. Obama went to Harvard on a free ride funded by wealthy peoples largesse.

Last edited:

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I actually do physical labor for a living, and my personal net worth is barely in 6 figures. Only 2 of my vehicles are less than 3 years old. True, my parents paid for grade school, and college. But my toys, and my fun is funded through my own heavily taxed paycheck. So, an attempt to discredit my gains by saying that I have not worked for what I've got would be foolhardy at best. The point I was trying to convey, was just that we all started from the same starting line. And anything I or my family has is a product of hard work. When did Americans start being persecuted for ambition and perseverance?

I replied.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Two things: Mr. Perry's baggage is huge, and while he can hide it all in Texas, once out in the open he'll never surpass it. Secondly, the Texas Public School system can hold its own quite well, thank you very much. I am a product of the system and graduated with a 3.8. I also made a 4.0 all four years of college. Please peddle your propaganda elsewhere. It's fun to generalize, but it makes one look stupid in the end.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The point I was trying to convey, was just that we all started from the same starting line. And anything I or my family has is a product of hard work. When did Americans start being persecuted for ambition and perseverance?

I replied.

Except that you proved the exact opposite. You were born into a situation where you had family members who had made wise decisions and had money (for what it's worth, so did I- I never wanted for anything growing up). How exactly is it the fault of a child being born to irresponsible parents? So no, not everyone starts from the same starting line.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two things: Mr. Perry's baggage is huge, and while he can hide it all in Texas, once out in the open he'll never surpass it. Secondly, the Texas Public School system can hold its own quite well, thank you very much. I am a product of the system and graduated with a 3.8. I also made a 4.0 all four years of college. Please peddle your propaganda elsewhere. It's fun to generalize, but it makes one look stupid in the end.

The California public school system is much maligned, and rightly so. Still, there's a public high school a mile or two away from me that is in the top 100 in the country. That doesn't mean I would say it could hold its own.