Texas Nudists

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wrote in another thread there is a book called Naked Places that lists all the nude beaches, clothing optional resorst, and nudist clubs world wide.
I my recollection there are a couple in Dallas, one in Houston and one in Austin.
Most of the groups have an agreement that if you belong to a group and are visiting another city you can be a guest at one of their events. It works out pretty nice, I've met some really nice people through this network.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hippie Hollow is some property off of Lake Travis that was left by the original owner to Travis County and is operated by the Lower Colorado River Authority and it was left on condition that it would be a nudist beach / clothing optional park. It is pretty cool. And a few years back there was a religious person that used the park as a political platform and so now it is still a public nudist "beach"......but it is closed to anyone under 18 years of age. Which is sad because nudist families with young children can't go there. Or they have to leave the kids with a babysitter to go there.

Anyways, if you want to go to a nudist place where everyone is at least 18 years of age this would probably be a good place to go.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Any recommendations on Nudist Clubs/Organizations in Texas?

I would probably be a good person to reccomend nudist clubs and organizations in Texas. I used to be the Activities Director for a travel group here in Texas. And I was very involved in AANR SW....which stands for American Association for Nude Recreation / Southwest Region and TNS.....The Naturist Society.

I am not as active anymore because I have young children and their activities are taking over my life. My husband travels so much with his job now.....and I don't have any family or a nanny to help me out.....so I had to step down (or maybe I should say.....step back)

So, look up AANR and TNS......they have club listings.

There are more clubs that aren't with AANR or TNS but not sure what they are listed with.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also it depends on what kind of club you are looking for......Do you want family friendly? (one that has a lot of kids) Or just a social nudist club with mostly adults. Texas has quite a few nudist clubs and there seems to be something for everyone. Just depends on where in the state you are located. I didn't realize this was in the personal ad section.....I thought it was in one of the regular thread sections when I responded earlier. I have quite a few favorite clubs myself. Here goes.......When I am up in the Dallas area I enjoy going to a club called Wildwood which is in the Decauter, Texas area. They are a very friendly group of people.....with fun dances, water volleyball and sand volleyball tournaments. When near OK......my favorite club of all is Oaklake Trails.

When in San Antonio we go to a place called Riverside Ranch.

When in Houston area there are a lot of clubs......some I haven't been to yet. I have been to Lonestar Resort. It is a lot of fun. There is a"lifestyle" club that Lonestar broke off from.....called Live Oak. I have just toured it.....but it looks really nice.

In the Austin area there is a club called Star Ranch. It is kind of like a nudist colony where all the members are part owners. It is a pretty nice place. They have a lot of fun stuff to do there amenity wise. The only problem I have noticed is that they depend on volunteers to keep the place running smoothly....and they haven't worked out all the bugs. Sometimes there may be too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak. Too many bosses and not enough workers. But it is fun to just go there and enjoy the place. It would be a very cheap place to live.

There's Hippie Hollow which is in Austin off of Lake Travis. It is a public park which is clothing optional. It cost $10 to get in the gate.

This is what I reccommend at the moment.

There are some clubs I haven't visited yet. Emeral Lakes which is around Houston. BB's Hideaway which is in Dallas. Ponderosa which is near BB's Hideaway......I haven't been to Gulf Port Resort yet.....which is down near Port Aransis.

I have been to Natures Resort.......and Sandpiper's Resort and they are both nice......but they mostly cater to Snowbirds and older adults. There is a "sanctioned" nudist beach down in South Padrea. It is more fun to go with a group of friends though. Like a travel group.

That is about all I can think of. Hope this helps

Reactions: BITXMALE

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I want a very casual, family friendly atmosphere. I am 18 so that is not an issue. I would be coming by myself, so I would want it to be safe and just relaxing.

There's a few more clubs in the Dallas area I forgot to mention. Bluebonnet which isn't too far from Wildwood. (Very family oriented)

There's Armadillo in Poolville. Used to be one called Vista Grande near Weatherford......But I know the owner died and I am not sure if the heirs are going to keep it going.

There's some new clubs starting up in the Austin area. But I am not sure what their progress is. There is one called Bare Cheek Ranch......it isn't too far from Star Ranch.....but I don't know what kind of amenities it has yet. I know they have a swimming pool and maybe bathrooms......but it is still primitive camping without hook ups or electricity. Tent camping.

I know there is a livestyles club not too far from Dripping Springs......called The Nudie Ranch. But it caters to Swingers.....couples and single females.

I am sure there are some clubs that I have missed.....like Natural Horisun and Acorn Acreas which are both in the Houston area.....SW of Houston.

petercooper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We were at Gulf Port club last summer, was nice they are just getting going but the facilities they have are first rate so far, nothing elaborate but nice...we were there and it rained almost the entire time so there was no one there to speak of...membership is/was small but growing so they said...

Would recommend staying away from Armadillo, they are camera happy and they want to control your life even away from the club...plus they are very swinger friendly ... so if that is your thing have at...but not ours