Texting fuck ups?

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
A question about misread intent or emotion in an text or email.

Have you ever read something that you've been sent electronically, an email or text (SMS) or something, that may well have been written quite inocently but read as fucking rude and offensive so you've responded just as rudly to?

It's a terrible fault of mine.

I sometimes read things and people's punctuation and gramma is so poor, ive read their message with as having a rude or vile tone and taken offence.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the other way around for me, I've often sent innocuous messages when I meant to send rude ones. If I use predictive spelling my phone puts aunt instead of cunt and coal instead of anal, guess what kind of messages I send :)

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's the other way around for me, I've often sent innocuous messages when I meant to send rude ones. If I use predictive spelling my phone puts aunt instead of cunt and coal instead of anal, guess what kind of messages I send :)

I hope you dont text an aunt cole, she could be in for a surprise, lol

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A question about misread intent or emotion in an text or email.

Have you ever read something that you've been sent electronically, an email or text (SMS) or something, that may well have been written quite inocently but read as fucking rude and offensive so you've responded just as rudly to?

It's a terrible fault of mine.

I sometimes read things and people's punctuation and gramma is so poor, ive read their message with as having a rude or vile tone and taken offence.

Rarely do I have that problem with text messages. It usually happens with e-mails.

arthurdent

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
4 years ago, I had been going out with a guy for 3 months. We live on opposite sides of London and hadn't contacted each other for a couple of weeks, so I sent him a text asking how ru, how's it going? He sent back a text saying "My life is very full at the moment". I took this to mean he was very busy and his life was too full to have me in it! So I didn't reply and we made no contact for several months. He sent me a text later just asking how I was and wondering why I hadn't been in touch, so I explained about the last text he'd sent me. He said it should have said "dull" not "full" but he had predictive text on and hadn't checked before he sent it. He is a really nice guy but by then he was going out with someone else. Aaagh! The one that got away.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Rarely do I have that problem with text messages. It usually happens with e-mails.

I understand that for sure. Ive written some classic emails back to people.

It's so true when they say never write an email in anger. I always leave it for at least a day now before i reply, just so i can edit out so of the comments i make, lol.