Thank a Military Veteran

Hunkguy39

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are you fucking serious???????
Thank you for what?????????????
What freedom??? Did anyone came to the State's and tried to slave you????
Did some country came to ur country and throw a bomb at ur houses????
Am I suppose to say thank you too....for coming to Serbia and bobming it and causing a ouranioum dust cloud all over western Europe??
I would thank any soldier who fought to gain his country's freedom or keep his country free....The Us army did nothing of the above...Theres no reason to thank anyone...they did what thet were paid to do and nothing else...in Europe incuding Greece there are countries that all men go tho the army for one year or more without getting paid these men are to be given thanks too

Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I am very grateful to every individual throughout the world who has risked his or her life so that I am able to express my thoughts and feelings in whatever forum I choose. I don't always agree with the motives or reasons that wars occur, but I do appreciate those that are interrupting their lives serving in the military. Yes, they do get paid, but it is a risk that they are taking...I am concerned that the United States does not have in place enough services to provide to returning vets from Iraq, i.e. mental health and substance abuse services. However, that topic is for another thread.

From the bottom of my heart thank you very much to those who have served, those who are serving and to those who are considering serving our various countries.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Am I suppose to say thank you too....for coming to Serbia and bobming it and causing a ouranioum dust cloud all over western Europe??
I would thank any soldier who fought to gain his country's freedom or keep his country free....The Us army did nothing of the above...Theres no reason to thank anyone...they did what thet were paid to do and nothing else...in Europe incuding Greece there are countries that all men go tho the army for one year or more without getting paid these men are to be given thanks too

You are absolutely correct, hunkguy39. How silly of us.

Too bad none of your ancestors got shot between 1914 and 1918, too bad none of them got toasted between 1939 and 1945.

Yeah, those veterans are a contemptible bunch.:rolleyes:

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Every year I say thanks to the veterans of WOII. As a Dutchman I am very greatfull that allied forces (many Canadian and US troops) liberated Holland form the Nazies and gave my parents hope for en future in freedom.

At least there is one member on LPSG who took part of that liberation. He is in his 80's and he knows how thankfull I am.

dhsdad

Experimental Member
Media
It's interested how we contextualize freedom. I live in the states, I have tons of family/friends who have served in the milatary. Shit, my wife was active duty in the US Navy for 8 yrs.

But there is a difference between freedom and pillage. I'm assume, for the sake of argument, that people join the Armed Forces to defend the county, etc, etc. But who defended the people we stole it from. Wait, we didn't steal it..that imples intelligence and craft..we just took it.

I really don't want to take anything away from veterans or future veterans, but we have to look beyond the here and now and address how our resources, service men and women and conscience are being abused and jadded.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

My Grandfather was a wounded prison of war in WWI,he escaped and got back to his lines to fight again.He was rewarded the Purple Heart for his wounds.
My father fought with the 2nd Armored Div. in WW2,he fought in North Africa,Sicily Normandy,France, Belgium,Battle of the Bulge,Germany.He was one of the most decorated soldiers that I have know.
I was in Viet Nam and also recieved the Purple Heart for wounds recieved during combat.
Thank you to all those, who've appreciated what we do
for our fellow man and country.To those who don't,why didn't you sign up to defend your own countries?
Yeah,uhuh. That's what I thought.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are welcome. It was my honor to serve.

Me: US Marine Corps, First Marine Division (fortunately, no combat duty during my tour)
My older brother: US Navy, Viet Nam.
My dad: US Coast Guard, activated to regular Navy during WWII; landing boat coxswain in the Pacific Theater, including the Iwo Jima campaign.

Interesting that we all three ended up doing sea service, but in different branches.

I have always respected you old friend, this just deepens the respect. If that's possible. :wink:

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I don't want to make light of the subject....but I gave a Veteran a blow job for Veteran's Day. I did my part. lol.

Now that's what I think should be a new Veteran's Day tradition.
You go girl!

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Wow! I think you have just single-handedly won the award for the most disrespectful, ignorant, loathesome, nonsensical post written (and there are some that seriously compete for that award). Congratulations!
How can you even think that we, as Americans, do not understand the concept of freedom? We are a Free country because we are a Strong country! We might argue amongst ourselves about politics (which btw, is a by-product of freedom), but when it comes down to it I think, or at least hope that we can agree that we live in a wonderful country that has risen above its many adversities and was built by the sacrifices, blood, and human lives so bravely given by our veterans. I never fail to be amazed when people who benefit from our generosity can blame us for the outcome.

modulo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow! I think you have just single-handedly won the award for the most disrespectful, ignorant, loathesome, nonsensical post written (and there are some that seriously compete for that award). Congratulations!
How can you even think that we, as Americans, do not understand the concept of freedom? We are a Free country because we are a Strong country! We might argue amongst ourselves about politics (which btw, is a by-product of freedom), but when it comes down to it I think, or at least hope that we can agree that we live in a wonderful country that has risen above its many adversities and was built by the sacrifices, blood, and human lives so bravely given by our veterans. I never fail to be amazed when people who benefit from our generosity can blame us for the outcome.

Well said 36. It is those jackasses who signed up only for the benefits (GI Bill, health care, etc.) who are the ones that complain the most about the other portion of that commitment which is the requirement to serve when called upon. My grandfather served for over 35 years both as an active soldier and a civilian defense employee. His death was an honorable one, regardless of how. My father served in Vietnam. Unfortunately, I was young and dumb and chose not to carry-on that tradition when I had the opportunity. Today, I serve as a contractor supporting various Defense Department missions including health care for active military. When these pussies complain about having to go overseas to actually live up to the obligation they volunteered for, it makes me sick. For those other honorable soldiers, you are truly heroes whose service will NEVER go unrecognized. Thank you again for your service!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well said 36. It is those jackasses who signed up only for the benefits (GI Bill, health care, etc.) who are the ones that complain the most about the other portion of that commitment which is the requirement to serve when called upon. My grandfather served for over 35 years both as an active soldier and a civilian defense employee. His death was an honorable one, regardless of how. My father served in Vietnam. Unfortunately, I was young and dumb and chose not to carry-on that tradition when I had the opportunity. Today, I serve as a contractor supporting various Defense Department missions including health care for active military. When these pussies complain about having to go overseas to actually live up to the obligation they volunteered for, it makes me sick. For those other honorable soldiers, you are truly heroes whose service will NEVER go unrecognized. Thank you again for your service!
Modulo, I think you mis-read hunkguy's post. He didn't sign up at all. From the post, it looks like he's claiming to be Serbian. We all know he would be in a much better place today had the United States (and others) stayed completely out of the region in 2000 and onward. I'm sure the Serbs and the Croats could have come to an amicable, bloodless agreement on their own.:rolleyes:

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
November is Military Families month. A time to recognize the contributions of the family.... We need to recognize them as well as the veteran....it is their support which lets our soldiers, marines, sailors, airmen and coasties do the jobs they due. Just as our military miss many opportunities to be with their families....the families miss their loved one. It is not easy for any of them....military member or family. Those who wait also serve and their contributions need to be recognized too. If we think back there is not a person from the WWII era who did not sacrifice something.