Thank You George Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 1BiGG1, Nov 13, 2008.

1. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

As a great fan of both you and Dick Cheney, thanks again dudes! :smile:
    :unitedstates:

ABC News: CIA Chief: Bin Laden Alive, Worried About 'Own Security'

Osama bin Laden is alive and "putting a lot of energy into his own security," the director of the CIA, General Michael Hayden, said today.

He also claimed, without providing details, that the US intelligence community had disrupted an attack "that would have rivaled the destruction of 9/11." A senior intelligence official said Hayden was referring to the 2006 liquid bomb on airliners plot that was foiled in London.

"American and its friends have taken the fight to the enemy," Gen. Hayden said in a broad roundup of efforts to fight al Qaeda.

"Al Qaeda has suffered serious setbacks, but it is a determined, adaptive enemy unlike any our nation has ever faced," he said.

Without directly referring to the CIA's offensive blitz of unmanned missile attacks in the tribal areas of Pakistan, the CIA boss said the US had successfully isolated the al Qaeda leader bin Laden, referring to him in the present tense.

"He appears to be largely isolated from the day-to-day operations of the organization he leads," Hayden said in a speech delivered to the Atlantic Council in Washington.

Hayden said the failure to kill or capture bin Laden in the seven years since the 9/11 attacks, could be explained by the "rugged and inaccessible" terrain of the Afghanistan-Pakistan border area and "the fact that bin Laden has worked to avoid detection."

The CIA director provided no other details but it was the first public indication of the intelligence agency's growing effort to narrow the focus of the search for bin Laden and other top terror leaders.

President-elect Barack Obama has not yet decided whether he will ask Hayden to stay on as director. Several of Obama's top advisers feel that while Hayden did a good job stabilizing morale and performance at the CIA following the debacle of the Iraq War, his connections to warrantless surveillance and so-called torture techniques make him unacceptable as the continuing director of the CIA.

"The truth is, we simply don't know what would happen if bin Laden is killed or captured, but I'm willing to bet that it would work in our favor," Hayden said.

Hayden said the deaths of at least six top al Qaeda commanders in Pakistan had kept the terror group "off balance."

Hayden said he wanted to give the incoming administration "as clear a picture as possible of the state of the conflict and the shape of the enemy."

He claimed al Qaeda in Iraq "is on the verge of strategic defeat." But he said the "bleed-out" of al Qaeda veterans from Iraq is now a growing concern.

"Iraq veterans also have been involved in planning attacks in Europe and the United States," Gen. Hayden said.

The good news of success in Iraq against al Qaeda was measured against the terror group's alarming growth in North and East Africa and Yemen, he said in his remarks.

2. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have you ever considered that Bin Ladin may have been dead for many years and kept "virtually" alive by the CIA because it is politically convenient for the bush regime to have bin ladin still alive ?
    <br><p>
    Funny how the CIA is the only one to ever verify the authenticity of the Bin Ladin audio tapes released to arab media. Easy to claim it is genuine when you are the only one to verify its authenticity.
    <br><p>
    If Bin Ladin was killed when a cave was bombed and collapsed on him, it is likely his body will never be found. So it is pretty hard for anyone to claim/prove he is dead, it is easier to keep him alive via faked audio tapes.

3. Gl3nn

Gold Member

7 years, billions of dollars and a loss of respect by a big part of the world...well done W. I'll miss ya

Instead of focussing on Al Qaeda they attacked a whole country.. good choice!

Still...it's good that Al Qaeda is losing strenght

4. lucky8

Gold Member

More like layin low in Pakistan...

5. Mandee

Gold Member

Oh brother...

Edit... idk why that didn't quote correctly, sorry!

#5 Mandee, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  6. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Have you ever considered this is misinformation from the CIA and we have known where he is the whole time and use him for gathering intelligence?

“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer”

7. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Is that the CIA chief appointed by Bush?

The same guy who was so on the money about WMD's and Yellowcake?
    The same Guy who put Faith in Chalawbi?

The guy who so politicized the CIA that analysts left in protest over having their reports RE-WRITTEN to say the exact opposite of what those analysts discovered?

Oh yeah... HIS assessment is the one I am going to believe.

Bush didn't go after Osama because he NEEDED his boogieman or the American people would have demanded he stop his wars before he had secured oil deals for his buddies.

And, if Osama IS worried, these days... its because he knows his free ride from the town imbecile Bush is nearly over... and the next guy might ACTUALLY come looking for him.

8. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

How fanciful.
    According to various sources, including Donald Snow, and W in '06ish, Bin Laden is isolated and no longer a factor in Al Qaeda.

However, even if your fantasy were true, Bin Laden would provide shitty intelligence on par with curveball and other out of touch, fruitless informants. Al Qaeda is no longer the hierarchical, largely subnational group he founded. Now it is transnational operating across borders, on a small scale, and answering to no one, especially Bin Laden.

9. D_Fiona_Farvel

True.
    Which is why I grudgingly support the border incursions into Pakistan.
    If there ever were a government to point fingers at for harboring terrorists, it is Pakistan.

10. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

Wasn't George Bush the head of the CIA when we armed, funded, and trained Bin Laden's people and considered him an asset in Afghanistan?

Oh wait, wrong Bush......

11. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    7 years of safety

And do you realize how many billions would be lost if the US was the new Israel.

And dipwad... where the FUCK do you think Al Qaeda has been the last, oh... fucking 5 years?

Not on US soil/airspace. don't forget it was 8 years of Clinton and Democrat rule that pissed them off so much to launch a 9/11 attack. Not Bush.

Money, lives, and attention well spent. I thank the military each and every day for providing me what they've given, sorry you can't fucking drop on your knees each night.

12. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

DELUSIONAL

13. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Capturing this.... CK taking Bush, much less a terrorist situation and bluff to complete 100% rhetoric.

Love ya CK, but you are better than that.

14. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was too young to understand anything The Reagan Administration did, so I will say that the 8 years of the GWB admin was my most proud to be an American. Thanks George W. Bush.

My mind is open with Obama. I'm hoping he can do the same - I'll give credit where credit is due, but I will be quick to point out the bad.

15. D_Fiona_Farvel

Better than what? Expand upon that statement if you would like a response.
    Apart from Bush's position, Donald Snow is one of the foremost scholars of the middle east and holds the same opinion.

16. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    If all is fine in 4 years.... Obama will win his second term with Reagan like numbers.

What do I mean by that? How about an electoral vote of 525-13

If he's that good like Obamabots aspire too, then I'm all game.

- fix Social Security
    - fix MediCaid... before you talk about a National Health Care Plan
    - keep the homeland soil safe
    - get the UN out of the US
    - don't placiate to foreign opinion
    - don't be a push over to Putin
    - keep social petty issues out of the federal govt
    - give loathesome unions the middle finger
    - get us a BCS playoff like you promised
    - quit shutting the door on your wife's face
    - don't worry about the stock market, it's cyclical
    - back hand Pelosi and put a true Truman Democrat in power
    - don't be so smug
    - have fun

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yeah, so much hate that they had to wait nearly a year into Bush's presidency in order to do it. If you want us to believe your flawed logic, then we should all blame Bush I AND Reagan for 12 YEARS of pissing off terrorists for attacking the WTC back in 1993 during the Clinton term. That happened on February 26, 1993, just ONE MONTH after he was sworn into office.

Do yourself a favor and refrain from talking out of your ass. :rolleyes:

18. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    anyone want to chip in for a bag of weed so 1DOUCHE1 can just chill out and RELAX instead of throwing incendiary grenades into our peaceful little island we have here on "the INTERNETS" CHRIST! You're acting like everything you guys did was great and everything done before and after you was a huge mistake! IT'S ALL BEEN A HUGE MISTAKE Stop pointing your finger 1BIGG1...republicans are as much or MORE to blame for the situation we're in right now!

#18 Garth33, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  19. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    I did like that he practically DARED anyone around the world to try anything against us. It sounds like he would aggressively fight back (at least that was his breif rhetoric)

and I also liked how he silenced the crowd by telling them that they are going to have to work very hard. LOL. As a conservative, I thought That was awesome.

HOWEVER - I think he already made a big mistake deciding to scrap drilling in Utah. "Environmentally sensitive areas??" Have you ever been to Utah? It has the largest areas void of any life than any other place I have ever been. When I mean void of life, I mean plants too! I think he is dead wrong there. If not in Utah, then I guarantee you that means NOWHERE. Where else is LESS environmentally sensitive? Exactly.

20. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

Drilling anywhere in the US is a boondoggle. There are not enough oil reserves to make a bit of difference, and it takes years to get it to the point where you're actually pumping anything out of the ground. Money is far better spent on alternate fuel research.

Draft saved Draft deleted