Thank you George, some dignity.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I just watched President Bush make an historic announcement. I thought he handled it very well, with pathos and dignity.

And welcome USA to the Global Community. You know we love you :eek:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not sure what this is about, can you elaborate a bit.

O'k I checked it out was hoping it was of more substance, I guess I turn off the tv before he was able to start speaking. He seemed very dismal and tired. Not much hope in his voice. One news presenter called it Presidential Impotence, however I only saw the last 2 minutes of his address.

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It started at the wekend with the G20 summit and this a.m. your time, p.m. my time, he announced that the US would not be following the Paulson plan, but the European plan to stabalise the global economy.

I really have no interest in us or you silliness. I am genuinely happy that the the US, even under W, has acknowledged with dignity that there may be another way.

I have very close links to the US whatever people may think, and I don't think the rest of the world realised how badly the US took 9/11. I personally felt, that though justified, the response left the US people feeling isolated from the rest of the world, or isolating the rest of the world from the US.

Really, I just welcome anything that brings the US back closer to the Global Community, where I feel she belongs. It did though take a crisis for this to happen.

It's also why I like Mr. Obama, he was saying this before the crisis.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
not a believer in this globaloney community nonsense

with the exception of nations like the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, our involvement with the rest of the world should be minimal, or non-existent

my biggest fear is that Obama will do something even stupider than Carter's give-away of the Panama Canal, that will fatally threaten the USA's security (just as Carter, under the ill-conceived banner of liberal humanism)

Last edited:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It started at the wekend with the G20 summit and this a.m. your time, p.m. my time, he announced that the US would not be following the Paulson plan, but the European plan to stabalise the global economy.

I really have no interest in us or you silliness. I am genuinely happy that the the US, even under W, has acknowledged with dignity that there may be another way.

I have very close links to the US whatever people may think, and I don't think the rest of the world realised how badly the US took 9/11. I personally felt, that though justified, the response left the US people feeling isolated from the rest of the world, or isolating the rest of the world from the US.

Really, I just welcome anything that brings the US back closer to the Global Community, where I feel she belongs. It did though take a crisis for this to happen.

It's also why I like Mr. Obama, he was saying this before the crisis.

There is no other country that has worked harder or spent more money on stabilizing/bringing the world together including under George Bush. Giving credit to Obama for allegedly thinking of this first is very misinformed at best.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
not a believer in this globaloney community nonsense

with the exception of nations like the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, our involvement with the rest of the world should be minimal, or non-existent

my biggest fear is that Obama will do something even stupider than Carter's give-away of the Panama Canal, that will fatally threaten the USA's security (just as Carter, under the ill-conceived banner of liberal humanism)

Yeah...exporting to other countries, how silly. Especially when the US needs as much money as it can get.

Great comment!

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
There is no other country that has worked harder or spent more money on stabilizing/bringing the world together including under George Bush. Giving credit to Obama for allegedly thinking of this first is very misinformed at best.

I don't think that the rest of the world sees Iraq quite like that.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah...exporting to other countries, how silly. Especially when the US needs as much money as it can get.

Great comment!

http://www.newyorkfed.org/research/staff_reports/sr333.pdf

that's just PART of the economic impact

and, when haven't even started to address the CULTURAL impacts, on both the USA and lesser nations

to accommodate globalism, has required a dissolution of the American value system, which I won't go into here, since I'm writing a book about it (why give the milk away for free, when you can get paid for it? :biggrin1:)

Yep.

And the Panama Canal thing... Carter was simply honoring the treaty as it had been written, back when the canal was built.

China's Beachhead at Panama Canal | Insight on the News | Find Articles at BNET

Last edited: