Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Im post op day 4. I've been mostly laying around in bed with frequent intermissions of bathroom breaks (you have no idea how much the digestive tract hates to be messed with!)

When they have to put air into your stomach so they can see during laparoscopic surgery, it hurts areas like your shoulder as if you've been shot. My belly didn't want to go back down, in fact, it got larger right after waking up to the point where they thought i was bleeding internally and needed to go back into surgery. Luckily, the blood test revealed i wasnt bleeding out. They doped me up good after that and i was able to stop writhing about.

I miss the morphine shots in the hospital but they won't let you sleep in the hospital. It's like they have to be in your room every 15 minutes doing something to wake you up or keep you from sleeping.

Whoever wrote my script for pain meds must be one of those wimps who doesn't take any medications because i get better relief from my arthritis medication than the special pain medication they wrote for me. This is so sore, much like the c-section recovery without the sore nipples.

Needless to say, i wasn't planning on a gallbladder removal to mess with the time i set aside for taxes. Next year i will have to be better about not procrastinating. I have a couple of hours to get together the information i need to file my taxes just before the deadline.

Anyway, thanks so much for your messages full of nice things that really made me smile yesterday when i read them all. For those of us who don't have a huge family or friends who can be with us when we are ailing, it really does make a difference to read what you had to say. Totally made my day and cheered me up better than any pain medication ever could!

Oh and THANK GOD for modern medicine! The thought of dying on the floor Friday night is a horrible way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sending you Vicodin vibes through the cosmos, Rouge-y.

Glad you made it through that hellish ordeal. I have enough trouble with my digestive tract without all that going on.

Have a screwdriver on me and watch some effed-up tv or something.

Cheers