Thanksgiving

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As it is now Thursday here in Europe I thought I would us this my 1000th post to wish you all in the US a happy Turkey day.

Enjoy :smile:

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"They began now to gather in the small harvest they had, and to fit up their house and dwelling against winter, being all well recovered in health and strength and had all things in good plenty. For as some were thus employed in affairs abroad, others were exercised in fishing, about cod and bass and other fish, of which they took good store, of which every family had their portion. All the summer there was no want; and now began to come in store of fowl, as winter approached, of which this place did abound when they came first (but afterward decreased by degrees). And besides waterfowl there was great store of wild turkeys, of which they took many, besides venison, etc. Besides, they had about a peck of meal a week to a person, or now since harvest, Indian corn to that proportion. Which made many afterwards write so largely of their plenty here to their friends in England, which were not feigned by true reports."

From an account by William Bradford 1621 of the Plymouth Plantation.

I raise a glass to Squanto and my North American friends.