that dateline show "to catch a predator"

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn, Mar 9, 2007.

1. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

any thoughts? I dig the show and i must admit that it's a must see for me.
    I normally don't care for reality tv shows but this one i can't ignore!
    some of those guys are pretty hot too. :redface:

The host of the show has a smug glow of self-congratulation. Someone should take out the skeletons of his closet! :biggrin1:

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    It kind of sounds like you don't think he should be going after those hot guys. Is that what you're saying?

3. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

4. silentc

silentc Member

So, what do they do? Pose some sort of sting operation for online predators? It does sound interesting.

5. losangelestim

losangelestim Member

Albums:
    i hate that show. i hate entrapment as public spectacle. i believe it to be the lowest form of behaviour. lower than the stuff they are entrapping those guys for. of course it appeals to some. i also feel that stone philips and connie chung are badly used for the purposes of that program.

6. silentc

silentc Member

I totally understand what you're saying, and agree to a certain extent. Some things just shouldn't be spectacles and entertainment for others. But I think some of these criminals deserve the extra "kick in the ass" and public humiliation for being predators and creeps. I guess thats a little hypocritical, but thats just my two cents :wink:

7. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

yes.

they once caught a senator i believe from Texas and when the police went to his house, the man killed himself.

8. silentc

silentc Member

Wow, thats awful :-\

9. B_Leatherboy

B_Leatherboy New Member

That's right..it's entrapment. Plain and simple.
    Sure, those guys shouldn't be going after young kids, but the
    cops are also just as guilty by luring predators.
    It's interesting TV, but it's also vile.
    :mad:

10. rubberwilli

rubberwilli Member

Albums:
    I couldn't agree more. I HATE this show and it seems to be an unending parade of society's worst offenders now on public display. A sort of American Idol of child molestors. Because now there are guys who have been caught twice by this same sting.

It all gives me an icky feeling and I'll change the channel everytime.

And it's Chris Hanson's biggest claim to fame right now. He did other news stories before this, what's he going to do after this?

Stone Philips and Anne Currie (not Connie Chung) are the hosts of Dateline NBC, the show that's been virtually taken over by this train wreck.

I'm all for catching the predators, but I don't need to see it twice a week on my television. We all know it exists and we all agree it's bad, now can they move onto something else. if Chris Hanson wants to do this full time, that's fine, but turn over the press pass, this isn't news any more it's reality TV and BAD reality TV at that.

If there's anything positive about it, their debunking the myth that most child predators are gay men.

11. DGirl

Gold Member

When I FIRST seen the show, I was like WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!!
    Those guys come out in the day time? I thought guys like that were night creeps..." They are so full of theirselfs also. Then when the guy comes out of the kitchen and the camera comes popping out- it is like BOOM!! You are on T.V :biggrin1: :biggrin1: That part is TOO funny!!! At least to me..."
    Then they come up with the lamest things to say.
    Some BEG to be let go.
    Some claim that this is their FIRST time doing this. But, end up FINALLY getting caught after doing that kind of thing for years.
    Some are just WAY TOO SAD to even look at. Like that married guy from India. He has a wife that he brought over to The USA and they have a Child together.." Poor Wife AND KID, they lived with a sick man.."

12. jfrsndvs

jfrsndvs Member

Albums:
    I started a thread on that show a few weeks ago, I still can't believe that these idiots know that there are sting operations going on like this.

the guy that shot himself in Texas I was thinking was a states attorney, it's on the thread that I started, I will have to try and see if I can find it, also in the state of Texas, just chatting with these people in regards to sex after they make known that they are underage can still get you into trouble as a preditor, you do not have to show up at their house.

13. agnslz

Gold Member

Ditto! Who doesn't hate online pervs? But this is just so lame and stupid a way to catch them. It's mostly just a big pat on the back for Dateline and NBC, as if they are doing such a great service for us by filming these things.:rolleyes: And "Perverted Justice"? They should seriously consider changing their name. BTW, that woman that pretends to be the young boys gives me the creeps!

14. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:

It's not entrapment, guys. Those pedaphiles always approach the decoy first. The decoy IMMEDIATELY states his or her decoy age. The creepos always bring up the sexual topics first. The decoys NEVER ask for photos. The losers send them out to what they think are underaged boys and girls. They send videos too sometimes. They hang THEMSELVES fair and square. No one makes them approach kids for sex. They are looking to do it. No one lures anybody, and the actors in the decoy house are all of legal age.

15. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The more of those Pedophiles/scumbags they get off the streets the safer we all get, those guys don't have the balls to go after a real woman.
    They deserve what they get.
    Serves them right for trying to hookup with an underage boy or girl, they all can fry in hell.

The bast part it we all get to see who's these creeps are so there lives are runied FOREVER, just like they do or try to do.

16. jfrsndvs

jfrsndvs Member

Albums:
    if I done this right, here is the link to the thread that I started two weeks ago, and it was a prosecuting attorney that had shot himself, he had 3 computers, there was so much security on those computers that they had to ship them off to Sony to have them decoded.

http://www.lpsg.org/et-cetera-et-cetera/43692-dateline.html

17. blacktightfit

blacktightfit New Member

Albums:
    The guys drive themselves to the sight where the operation takes place, they trap themselves. It is one thing to fantasize online, a completely different thing if they act upon it. I have no sympathy for pedophiles who knowingly go after underage kids.

18. blacktightfit

blacktightfit New Member

Albums:

He was a prominent DA, not a senator, but yeah he did kill himself. You would think with all these shows, they would run out of people to catch, but they keep finding more and more

19. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    What bothers me the most is the trauma to the victim is a life sentence. I dont care how they catch them. Just keep them away from our children.

20. B_JohnnyTruant

B_JohnnyTruant New Member

I love this shit, it is hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted