That Gay Kid On Glee

A

AM_092

I totally agree!!!! Kurt is so annoying! It's a character that I find difficult to feel for because I don't like the things that he does. I also don't agree with Chris Colfer's emmy nom...

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Season 2 is about to start, not season 3.
Season One seemed like two seasons because it had a huge break in the middle. They had filmed only 13 or so episodes and didn't know if they'd be renewed by Fox. Once they were, they had to scramble to finish the rest of the season's show. That's why there was such a gap between episodes in the first season.

Oh that's interesting, part 2 of series 1 was billed as series 2 here, in fact they made lots of fanfare about how great it was that they'd shown it so soon after the end of series 1. :tongue: TV lies again.

AlextheRedhead

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
pictures of him???

never watched gle, quite intrigued about the character... lol

Really lets get a grip it is ACTING. If Chris is that gay in real life off the stage then that's OK too.
Some guys are more femm and some guys are more butch. Either way I think he is cute and I'd buy him a drink any day.
Great photo in the Rolling Stone of him. Since it's a copyright I posted the link from the Advocate here. :eek:

Chris Colfer Hits a Leather Bar | News | Advocate.com

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just can't get into the show, and that gay kid pisses me off, too. He's just an irritating person. But I do love Jane Lynch.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Really lets get a grip it is ACTING. If Chris is that gay in real life off the stage then that's OK too.
Some guys are more femm and some guys are more butch. Either way I think he is cute and I'd buy him a drink any day.
Great photo in the Rolling Stone of him. Since it's a copyright I posted the link from the Advocate here. :eek:

Chris Colfer Hits a Leather Bar | News | Advocate.com

It's not an issue of him being too femme. It's his characters actions. Let me say the writing for his character is undeveloped at best. He can be as femme as he wants but then to be totally surprised when a str8 guy doesn't want to sleep in his redone budoir?! Let's just say the writers pay more attention to the other characters.
Lots of newspaper writers write about tv characters as role models.....unfort, INHO this character, so far, is no role model for gay teens.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not an issue of him being too femme. It's his characters actions. Let me say the writing for his character is undeveloped at best. He can be as femme as he wants but then to be totally surprised when a str8 guy doesn't want to sleep in his redone budoir?! Let's just say the writers pay more attention to the other characters.
Lots of newspaper writers write about tv characters as role models.....unfort, INHO this character, so far, is no role model for gay teens.

I really like Kurt a lot. I think he's lovable. Yeah, he's really oversensitive and he needs to give his dad a break, because his dad is really great, but I thought that his oversensitivity towards his dad had more to do with him projecting his own insecurities about not being loved or being rejected than anything his dad does to prove that he loves him. He does need to give his dad a break, though, but I don't mind that he's imperfect or overly dramatic. He is a teenager after all, and from what I remember, almost all teenagers were drama queens, not just the gay ones.

And that scene where the straight guy was being unnecessarily mean to him? Yeah, the room was over the top, but it wasn't necessary for that guy to be so mean about it or to say homophobic things. That guy said a lot of incredibly offensive things, really hurtful things. It wasn't a matter of not liking the decor, but being a jackass about not liking it.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I really like Kurt a lot. I think he's lovable. Yeah, he's really oversensitive and he needs to give his dad a break, because his dad is really great, but I thought that his oversensitivity towards his dad had more to do with him projecting his own insecurities about not being loved or being rejected than anything his dad does to prove that he loves him. He does need to give his dad a break, though, but I don't mind that he's imperfect or overly dramatic. He is a teenager after all, and from what I remember, almost all teenagers were drama queens, not just the gay ones.

And that scene where the straight guy was being unnecessarily mean to him? Yeah, the room was over the top, but it wasn't necessary for that guy to be so mean about it or to say homophobic things. That guy said a lot of incredibly offensive things, really hurtful things. It wasn't a matter of not liking the decor, but being a jackass about not liking it.

I totally agree :redface:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Cut the str8 guy some slack already. He KNOWS Kurt likes him and said so. Is the str8 guy NOT allowed to state his feelings. Is he not allowed to be overwhelmed that his mom is moving in w/Kurt's dad and he has to room w/a guy who is in love w/him? And very cruel to him?. He pushed the str8 guy to state his feelings as he walked into his bedroom/world that had been completely redone w/o any approval from him.P.S> the str8 guy wasn't being o
I think y're missing my main point. Kurt's character has no focus or direction other than to say it's ok to be gay....oh yeah and cry.

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't, and anticipating his excuse all I'll say is he better be joking.
\\He's prob not b/c Kurt's character inspires that. You want to shake him and wake him up. He's so busy w/platitudes that he really doesn't get himself. Yeah most teens are like that but we're talking about tv characters and how we respond to them..not real people.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why does every thread have to turn sour? Why do people always have to insult and make mean comments. Why can't people just be nice and civil and adult-like?

Fight nice you all!

A debate isn't always civil. Doesn't mean it has to be mean...just sayin.....:biggrin1:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
\\He's prob not b/c Kurt's character inspires that. You want to shake him and wake him up. He's so busy w/platitudes that he really doesn't get himself. Yeah most teens are like that but we're talking about tv characters and how we respond to them..not real people.

That's not what he said though, if he said the character is too busy with platitudes etc, and that he wants to shake him and wake him up, I wouldn't even have noticed his post.

What he said was he was glad a gay person had posted this thread (because presumably he then felt emboldened to say something he suspected might be offensive in some way without a gay person getting the ball rolling for him) and then said he wants to beat the fuck out of a TV character who is a flamboyant and effeminate gay teenager.

I'm not being astronomically off target in finding that kinda sus am I?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
A debate isn't always civil. Doesn't mean it has to be mean...just sayin.....:biggrin1:

On LPSG, debates always get mean and hateful. And that is very sad. If you want to debate, debate civilly or not at all. Be respectful, kind and compassionate. That seems like an amazing feat today, considering that one can hide behind a computer screen. People have free reign to say whatever they feel at any moment. What a shame!

On this site, you can get insulted or chastised for just introducing yourself. :eek:
It's just a nasty place on so many levels.