That "left wing" media bias!

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Inspired by Hung Muscle's thread cataloguing the Bush legacy, I thought I'd start a similar thread for examples of media bias.

This one from the weekend is too grotesquely obvious to pass up:

Watch the video. (1 minute, 3 seconds)

KSAZ-TV news anchor Marc Martinez states, regarding a poll to find the "Most Foolish American",

The Opinion Research Group ran its annual April Fools' Day poll, and the winner is...(drumroll)...Britney Spears!
But the actual percentages shown in the video tell a different story. Although Britney's name appears at the top of the screen, the percentages are not in order. The "winner" of the poll is buried at the bottom of the screen. Britney came in second behind George W. Bush.

KSAZ-TV is a FOX affiliate, natch.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now, now. You know you adore Junior and his sweet brothers Jebbie, Neil and Marvin.

In other news it's been reported that Hillary is planning to wed Nancy Pelosi in Lebanon next month.

(I am purposely (and possibly even purposefully) disregarding the main meaning of this thread as I decide which suit to wear on Tuesday.)

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's another one:

The day the Mark Foley scandal broke, just weeks before the 2006 election, the producers of The O'Reilly Factor (also on FOX, natch) labels Foley a Democrat. At least twice.

Watch the video (34 seconds).

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Fox News reporting on the Scooter Libby verdict:

2qu3fcl.jpg

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mindseye, whatever possessed you to suspect that Fox News was biased against Democrats and pro Bush?:biggrin1:

You've got it backwards, Freddie! If I ever stop believing that Fox is biased, then I'm possessed!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What left wing media?
Oh, you know, like CNN, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Associated Press, those moonbat blogs.

I get all my fair and balanced news from Fox News Network and The National Review - even though they have a left-slant, they are better than the above mentioned propaganda machines.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Oh, you know, like CNN, The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Associated Press, those moonbat blogs.

I get all my fair and balanced news from Fox News Network and The National Review - even though they have a left-slant, they are better than the above mentioned propaganda machines.
DC. I wondered how you came to be so knowledgeable about the political arena. I should have known. Fox News. The last bastion of left wing media.

D_fitnesswitness

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Lol, you are too much.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Pecker, that one was good, but I liked this article from The Onion much better

Bush Refuses

Mindseye, you GOTTA read that one!

That's fucking hilarious. :tongue:

Great comedy writing even a right leaner like me can appreciate.

But anyway, to add some balance...

I got a big kick out of when a (I think maybe it was ABC) reporter was interviewing a group of Katrina refugees outside the Astrodome following President Bushes national address concerning the disaster.

Much to his dismay their reactions to his speech were positive. The reporter fished and fished and practically put words into the peoples mouths about how fucked up the federal response was but none of the victims would go there.

I laughed my ass off.

I tried to see if it had been youtubed but didn't have any luck.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's fucking hilarious. :tongue:

Great comedy writing even a right leaner like me can appreciate.
Thanks, Shelby. I have laughed a good, full, belly-laugh each of the 3 times I've read it. The photo is good enough, but the quotes and comments are just too much. The Pelosi quote? The Murtha, Colby, Hagel, and Bolten quotes? I'm still laughing.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Another one...

When a woman makes a trip to Syria, it's a fashion statement! Let's talk about her scarves!

Excerpted from the article,

Over the past week, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi toured the Middle East with a congressional entourage and a generous collection of scarves. Pelosi's scarf collection included a red print style that she wore around her neck when she was in Jerusalem. In Syria and Saudi Arabia, she wore one dominated by yellow. And then while in Beirut, she had a blue scarf tied jauntily around the strap of her shoulder bag.

Her multipurpose, culturally adaptable scarves underscored the reality that sometimes it not only matters who you are, but also what you wear.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Another one...

When a woman makes a trip to Syria, it's a fashion statement! Let's talk about her scarves!

Excerpted from the article,
Yes we need to. Latest report from the intelligence sources say that there are Scarves of Mass Destruction in Syria now. We would need to invade the country and rid it of scarves before those scarves are used against us. It is our patriotic duty,