That one over there

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Was any one else astonished by McCain referring to Obama as 'that one over there' and pointing at him. Its not really an issue, but I think that that, in combination with his behavior/body language/demeanor from the previous debate, really show how much disdain and hate McCain has for Obama. Am I the only one feeling that? Comments, opinions, and maybe some sort of explanation of McCain's behaviour and attitude towards Obama would be greatly appreciated

ohioriver

Experimental Member
Media
I'd say Obama has some hate for McCain by his misleading advertising.... so it goes both ways.

Doesn't make it right, but I've decided there's way too much misleading and lies on both sides...

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'd say Obama has some hate for McCain by his misleading advertising.... so it goes both ways.

Doesn't make it right, but I've decided there's way too much misleading and lies on both sides...

Well...advertising is one thing, but to not have the respect for your equal on the other side of the issue (lack of a better phrase here), and while in his presence to behave in such a disgusted manner is disgusting to say the least.

I once had GREAT respect for John McCain, but it seems every week, I loose a little bit more of it for him.

Big Don

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
in combination with his behavior/body language/demeanor from the previous debate

I noticed the "that one" quote. I was taken aback at first, but I'm not sure anything was meant by it. The only one that knows is John McCain.

I had a problem with him roaming around the stage when he wasn't speaking. There was one point when Barrack Obama was answering a question when Sen. McCain just walked on out onto the stage, looked into the camera pit for a moment, then went back to his marked-off area. What was that?

And am I the only one that noticed that there was a "1-minute discussion" that Sen. Obama was not allowed to answer, or did I just miss his response?

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It is quite clear that McCain has very little regard or respect for Obama...
the way he speaks to him or about him is very condescending...

I don't know what it is about McCain, but I don't get the feeling that he has any regard for African-Americans in general...

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought it was hilarious. I mean damn, for such a boring fucking debate it was one of the only moments that I can remember. That is how you "son" someone. You don't look at them during a debate, then you refer to them not by name but as "that one" and point at him while not even looking at him. I just thought it was sad Obama didn't son him back. I am sitting there like, "Damn obama do something he keeps sonning you!"

It is 2008, it is all about who can son the other one more...in all facets of life, not just politics.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
McCain is hating Obama for taking the presidency from him.
His only real chance was 8 years ago. He should be hating Bush.

Ironically, Bush did such a shit job at the presidency, he basically sunk McCain's second chance too.

Poor guy. A Vietnam POW twice robbed by a draft dodging cokehead.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
no offense, but I thought he was going to call Obama..
The "N" word,
or "boy"
I was waiting for it..
McCain reminds me of MR. Burns.
john-mccain-george-w-bush-hug-lead.jpg

mr-burns.jpg

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It was a snoozer for sure, but Obama won it by being more cool and focused.

Tom Brokaw summed it up best when he told McCain to get out of the way of his teleprompter.

The old guy and his party all need to just get out of the way.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just watched a recap of the debate (I'm going to watch it fully tonight) and I too picked up on the "that one" comment. I think that was a totally stupid move on McCains behalf, he didn't impress anyone and it came across as aggressive and offensive. He seemed to lose his cool and was irritable throughout.

I too was waiting for him to say "boy"!

inman69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's obvious that McCain is shitting himself. I was waiting for him to cuss out Obama without even looking at him. If it's true about his temper, I'm sure someone got an ear full after this debate! This old man really needs to pull out the Depends and call it a day.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It is quite clear that McCain has very little regard or respect for Obama...
the way he speaks to him or about him is very condescending...

I don't know what it is about McCain, but I don't get the feeling that he has any regard for African-Americans in general...

Yeah, I'm beginning to get that drift too. From his "that one" remark to his ASSumption that the Black man in the audience wouldn't have heard of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, to his campaign manager's recent pointed reference to Obama's middle name - the message from these "folks" is getting quite clear, to me at least.

My only embarrassment is that I once said in threads here that I liked McCain as a person. I sure in the fuck have re-evaluated that position.

Yessiree bob.

Telling too was the fact that the McCain troupe made a hasty exit from that "town hall" crowd he claimed to be so in touch with while Obama remained (see link).

All the more reason why I plan on voting for THAT ONE in a couple of weeks. As for that other one - he can kiss my ass.

McCain needed a knockout, and he didn't get it. - By John Dickerson - Slate Magazine