That time of the month rant (Don't read if you've got qualms)

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
My periods are usually on the clockwork. I normally just have the case of the grump and bitchiness. I normally get binge cravings, some mild cramps and tender breasts and tiredness.

And this month, I was not on time. This time I was two weeks late. I was incredibly more tired than usual. There was absolutely no PMS symptoms until Monday, then Monday, i had the serious case of blah. Still did not have my period. I woke up and just started crying. I told myself to snap out of it, and go take a shower. I broke down in the shower and for some reason contemplated hurting myself (cutting). I cried hard. Contemplated suicide, until I told myself that I have it good, and am content with my life, considering having just gotten out of a relationship well over a month and half ago, leaving my ex for someone else (but let's not go there at all since that is not the issue here.)

Got out of the shower and put on my make up. Felt good. Got dressed and headed out the door to work, and then on the bus, I just started crying again. People were asking me if I was okay. I snapped at someone and said "What the fuck do you care? You don't know me." I decided I was in no emotional state to go to work. Doubled back home. Bought some food. Binged on a bag of chips. Called into work and said I was not feeling well. Slept until the afternoon and watched some movies. Decided to go to the doctor, and got a stupid male doctor, who just told me to go pee in a cup and do blood work. Did that. Went home. Tried to go about the rest of the evening doing things. Worked out. Felt great.

Tuesday - Was feeling blah. Called out to work. Cried a good portion in the morning over nothing and over things I normally don't generate a lot of reaction to.

This morning, period came on. Cramps are so bad that I need to curl up in a ball. Back aches so bad. Breasts are so tender. My head has a raging hardon...er...I mean headache... I have the munchies (stomach growling). I tried to eat crackers to settle the growlies). I'm so bloated I look pregnant and it hurts to stand. Its that bad I won't go to work. I took two Midols the night before and it didn't do much. Woke up again at 3 am to take Advil (Extra strength). And I've already changed tampons twice in the last hour which isn't normal. In the process of changing tampon, a HUGE clump of blood at least 1 cup (250 mL) slooshed out of me. I felt my vagina expand to allow the passage of this clump. And this is NOT normal period for me. Normally, it starts out mild bleeding and dull brown.

I know my body. My PMS symptoms are predictable and my period is like a clockwork. And my body is NOT normal for this month, and is just OFF. Something just is not right with my body right at this moment.

/rant
:mad:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You've been under a lot of anxiety and stress lately. You have the ex, you have the disappeared lover, etc. I would say not to worry about it for now, but if you have problems next month, there's no harm in discussing your symptoms with a doctor or two. Feel better! *huggles*

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Stress can really mess with one's menstrual cycle.

That said, I'm sure I'll get called insensitive but I'm dubious when a cry for help is accompanied by a freudian slip for our amusement.

Sometimes people deal with stress with humor...right?

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I were you, I'd go to your doctor again, this time ask/request a female doctor. It sounds like something is up, you know your body, go to the doctor again and tell them you need some help.

What did the first visit produce? Were you pregnant and was this a miscarriage? I'd still go back, either way.

((((hugs)))) I hope your feeling better....just remember in the scheme of life, this month, month an a half is like what? I'm not a math genius, but it's not much. Not that what you are going through isn't tough as hell, but I think in a year, or maybe even six months, you might be back to being you. It just takes time.

sorry, I wish I had more. Break ups suck. Men that disappear aren't so hot either. And PMS is a pain in the ...well, you know.

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Stress, yes, cutting though?
*shrug*

Well, yeah, cutting is part of the 'make the pain go away inside' but with pain on the outside, (it's a lot more than that, too) but still, humor does crop up. Who are we to say how you can react to stress?

I laughed and laughed when I broke my leg -- I was alone at home and couldn't get to the phone. It was painful, stressful but I just couldn't stop laughing. Totally inappropriate, but not really -- lots of people respond this way to stress.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, yeah, cutting is part of the 'make the pain go away inside' but with pain on the outside, (it's a lot more than that, too) but still, humor does crop up. Who are we to say how you can react to stress?

I laughed and laughed when I broke my leg -- I was alone at home and couldn't get to the phone. It was painful, stressful but I just couldn't stop laughing. Totally inappropriate, but not really -- lots of people respond this way to stress.
Yeah, my best friend laughs harder as she gets more nervous. She once told me that when a boyfriend (now an ancient-history ex) violently pulled her from her car during an argument, she began laughing hysterically from the fear and nervousness. He took it as her laughing at him, and that just didn't end well. But sure, lot's of people need to be able to find the humor in a situation to overcome it. Sometimes, I know if I don't laugh, I'll cry.

I'm also rethinking my previous advice. You should keep seeing doctors until one of them tells you something you understand. They are just people, and none of them knows everything. Did you ever get your results?

Last edited:

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
Stress can really mess with one's menstrual cycle.

That said, I'm sure I'll get called insensitive but I'm dubious when a cry for help is accompanied by a freudian slip for our amusement.

Wasn't a Freudian slip. Was trying to have a sense of humor in the midst of this time of month.

nah, i wouldn't call ya insensitive.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
Stress, yes, cutting though?
*shrug*

Well, there such thing as severe PMS /PMS disorder.Not sure how many read much into it. Having read up on severe PMS, that can include hurting oneself in one way or another. I'm seriously considering that I have a case of that this month (and it's not the first it happened - I went through a couple months bouts of severe PMS a few years back. Doctor tried to put me on birth control and Prozac thinking it would help with the symptoms. I refused to take either and after 3-4 months, the symptoms reduced to just general mild symptoms.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I'm also rethinking my previous advice. You should keep seeing doctors until one of them tells you something you understand. They are just people, and none of them knows everything. Did you ever get your results?

Going to go back today and use a female doctor. That male doctor was just stupid. He just did not plain care at all, and asked all the wrong questions.

UnofficialGirl

Experimental Member
Media
i love being on the pill, i know exactly, to the time of day most months, when i'm getting my period. and it's only 3-4 days long, and pretty light. a lot of the time i forget that i'm even on my period, it's that unnoticeable.

yay birth control!

dalynxx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey OP, sorry ot hear that you go thru this! I know how you feel...I get like that sometimes but rather than the feeling like cutting, I tend to feel more emotional, rant and cry. I just sleep the cramps off sometimes. A woman's life, is hard at times....

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
Hey OP, sorry ot hear that you go thru this! I know how you feel...I get like that sometimes but rather than the feeling like cutting, I tend to feel more emotional, rant and cry. I just sleep the cramps off sometimes. A woman's life, is hard at times....

Well I spent all day Monday crying, ranting and being emotional. It was only a moment that I felt like cutting. (I didn't do it though !) And Tuesday was spent sleeping the cramps off. Today has been spent rocking back and forth in pain. But I however feel better than I did on Monday / Tuesday.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey, Girl-

Hope you feel much better soon! Let us know if the female doc's cocktail works. And, pamper yourself!