The 2016 dnc

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It wasn't shown by the Media because it was absolutely insignificant. There are 4,051 delegates at the DNC. "Dozens of Bernie Sanders delegates walked out of the Democratic National Convention Tuesday night following Hillary Clinton's nomination for president, and many promised to leave the political party in protest."

Dozens!!!!!!!!
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...sing-to-Leave-Democartic-Party-388324742.html
http://wwlp.com/2016/07/26/some-sanders-delegates-walk-out-after-clinton-is-nominated/

There were about a hundred delegates, who represent hundreds of thousands of voters Clinton will need in the general, that walked out. Play it down if you want, but don't be surprised when Jill Stein is bleeding Clinton of voters she will desperately need in a couple months.

Reactions: 185248

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
IMHO, Jill Stein is a narcissistic crack pot. She ran for Statewide office in Massachusetts times:
Massachusetts House of Representatives candidate, 2004
Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth candidate, 2006
Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate, 2010

She lost badly every time.
She is a rabid anti-vaxxer.(that's a deal breaker. She is a physician and should know better)

Reactions: keenobserver

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IMHO, Jill Stein is a narcissistic crack pot. She ran for Statewide office in Massachusetts times:
Massachusetts House of Representatives candidate, 2004
Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth candidate, 2006
Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate, 2010

She lost badly every time.
She is a rabid anti-vaxxer.(that's a deal breaker. She is a physician and should know better)
I'm not saying she'll win, but a lot of Bernie supporters will vote for the green party candidate or simply not vote at all before they will ever consider voting for Clinton. This convention is the best chance Hillary will get to bring those 30-40% or Bernie voters, who she will need in November, on board and she is failing. Pretending it's not happening is not going to make it better.

Reactions: tripod

Sad isn't it, when 300 million people of the worlds supposedly leading nation have a choice between a bullshit artist and a bullshit artist. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...65a43c-e63a-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

Hillary Clinton is no different.

Why do taxpayers think millionaire business people who pay little or no tax think these people will show them the way to a prosperous and productive community?

We had a guy here last election called Clive Palmer. He was elected, and his party. many were sucked in. Just google his rise and fall. To many links to post.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not saying she'll win, but a lot of Bernie supporters will vote for the green party candidate or simply not vote at all before they will ever consider voting for Clinton. This convention is the best chance Hillary will get to bring those 30-40% or Bernie voters, who she will need in November, on board and she is failing. Pretending it's not happening is not going to make it better.
I'm not pretending because it's NOT happening:

"90 percent of unwavering Sanders supporters plan to vote for Clinton in November"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nvention-is-chaotic-the-democratic-base-isnt/

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not pretending because it's NOT happening:

"90 percent of unwavering Sanders supporters plan to vote for Clinton in November"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nvention-is-chaotic-the-democratic-base-isnt/
How many times do I have to say this here? The core of Bernie supporters are not democrats. They are liberal independents that find the democrat party to be too conservative and see them as being "in league" with big money interests. No better than Republicans in their eyes. 90% of the democrats among the Bernie supporters may vote for Hillary, but that is hardly preventative of the people in this movement as a whole.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do taxpayers think millionaire business people who pay little or no tax think these people will show them the way to a prosperous and productive community?

Straw man.

Clinton & Trump are both con artists, but Supreme court nominations are important to me and I cast my vote based on a combination of who I think can win and who is likely to make court appointments that I am okay with.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How many times do I have to say this here? The core of Bernie supporters are not democrats. They are liberal independents that find the democrat party to be too conservative and see them as being "in league" with big money interests. No better than Republicans in their eyes. 90% of the democrats among the Bernie supporters may vote for Hillary, but that is hardly preventative of the people in this movement as a whole.
You must be very wise. Have you spoken with all Bernie Supporters? You know the political demographics of all Sanders Supporters? Exactly how many people constitute a "core".

Reactions: b.c.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How many times do I have to say this here? The core of Bernie supporters are not democrats. They are liberal independents that find the democrat party to be too conservative and see them as being "in league" with big money interests. No better than Republicans in their eyes. 90% of the democrats among the Bernie supporters may vote for Hillary, but that is hardly preventative [sic] of the people in this movement as a whole.
But the poll was describing Sanders' supporters -- Democrat and otherwise -- who'd previously expressed preference for Bernie through several polls.
"Pew asked those consistent Sanders supporters whom they support in the general election. Ninety percent said they back Hillary Clinton."
Sounds pretty representative to me.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Too bad those dozen or so delegates that walked out didn't show the same poise, class, and vision as the man they supported.

We just have to accept the fact that some Bernie supporters will NEVER be on board with Hillary. Just like some will never accept the possibility that there were sound reasons why she garnered the most votes.

Instead they'd rather characterize entire demographics as having made uninformed decisions and voting out of ignorance. It's always amazing when people possessing a wealth of knowledge can still be uninformed.

You know... trees - forest ... fox - hedgehog... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: keenobserver

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Too bad those dozen or so delegates that walked out didn't show the same poise, class, and vision as the man they supported.

We just have to accept the fact that some Bernie supporters will NEVER be on board with Hillary. Just like some will never accept the possibility that there were sound reasons why she garnered the most votes.

Instead they'd rather characterize entire demographics as having made uninformed decisions and voting out of ignorance. It's always amazing when people possessing a wealth of knowledge can still be uninformed.

You know... trees - forest ... fox - hedgehog... :rolleyes:
Remember, he's a politician..Politicians remain politicians because they have mastered the art of "poise".(illusion). I have no idea if Bernie voted for himself in his home state primary. I'm sure he had an easier go at it than many independent voters had, especially the independent voters in California and New York.
It will be interesting to watch voter registration around the country between now and November. In California, the deadline to change party affiliation or register is 10/24/16.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Remember, he's a politician..Politicians remain politicians because they have mastered the art of "poise".(illusion).
But Bernie places less emphasis on 'poise' or 'illusion' than any politician. He is the anti-politician, in the best sense.
He supports Clinton because her victory will serve his vision FAR better, even if imperfectly, than any Trump victory could do.

Reactions: b.c.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But Bernie places less emphasis on 'poise' or 'illusion' than any politician. He is the anti-politician, in the best sense.
He supports Clinton because her victory will serve his vision FAR better, even if imperfectly, than any Trump victory could do.
It's better to have a President who says "I don't like it but I'll do it" as opposed to one who say "I don't like it so I won't do it".

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Remember, he's a politician..Politicians remain politicians because they have mastered the art of "poise".(illusion). I have no idea if Bernie voted for himself in his home state primary. I'm sure he had an easier go at it than many independent voters had, especially the independent voters in California and New York.
It will be interesting to watch voter registration around the country between now and November. In California, the deadline to change party affiliation or register is 10/24/16.

The only issue now is registered to vote or not registered. Changing affiliation at this point is meaningless. The same candidates will be on all ballots.

Reactions: ConanTheBarber

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, very astute observation..no wonder the DNC wanted him to lose..because Hillary has a better chance of serving his vision ..
But then, wondering why the RNC did not use the same tactics on Trump as the DNC used in Bernie?
Maybe we'll learn the answer in future episodes of Boris & Natasha..
If both sides got hacked , no one knows for sure..

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
More than a few if my elderly in-laws are grumbling about the last time they voted for a Democrat was 1964. They're not sure they wanna do it again, with the nominee being who she is.. and are thinking about sitting this one out

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was just thinking about the republicans who are going to vote for Hillary

I know more than a few who are voting for her, but I also no some Democrats who are voting for Trump and they are not unhappy Bernie voters - the guys I know have been pissed since Wallace was shot.