The 30 Hackiest Political Hacks

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Alex Pareene, currently writing for Salon, bringing all of his bitchiest talents from Gawker with him, has compiled a list of the thirty worst political columnists in the US. It's a lot to read in one sitting, but it's delicious like a big box of Belgian chocolates.

His takes on George Will, Peggy Noonan and Maureen Dowd are especially pointed and really on the mark (though I still read MoDo on occasion, anyway). He's obviously not going to make any new friends among the old guard :rolleyes:

His Jonah Goldberg pull-down is probably the most deserved, though that's debatable given the rivals among the thirty.

D

deleted3782

Sadly, all 30 of them will just consider themselves part of an extremely exclusive club...and bask in their continued notoriety.

Yummy chocolates though.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shame w/ Friedman, as he has some smarts, but his "hack" overwhelms his rhetoric.

Oddly, enough... I'd have to say this is "pot meet black kettle" as Salon.com is pretty much a political hackland...

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oddly, enough... I'd have to say this is "pot meet black kettle" as Salon.com is pretty much a political hackland...

Haha I know. If the author was really being serious he would start with Joan Walsh. Oh wait, she works for Salon so of course that wouldn't happen.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Haha I know. If the author was really being serious he would start with Joan Walsh. Oh wait, she works for Salon so of course that wouldn't happen.

If she weren't so entirely irrelevant, I'd have put Salon's Camille Paglia on there somewhere, too. I guess we all have our pet hates.

I've gotta admit to being more of a Slate/TPM/Daily Beast/Andrew Sullivan reader than anyone who frequents Salon regularly, but this column, where Walsh seems to have coined "IINO" is pretty tedious and predictale: add 20 more points for quoting herself on a recent appearance of Hardball :rolleyes:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I need to add Anderson Cooper....pathetic, and a shame, because there is 'journalistic' talent there... but when an anchor on a (now SEMI) network cites generic bloggers... the guy won't even say a name or blog but says shit like "a blog on the Internet claims that Obama did/is/was ________". Then with his audience with their pom-poms in their hands fawns over his "fact checking" against various anonymous internet bizarros...we're not far off from him citing LPSG as a legimate source for counter-debate.

Fuck it Anderson... just cum on air and admit you want to suck Obama's cock. You can lie to American public, just don't lie to yourself.

K

kundalinikat

Thank you for this Bbucko, it's very entertaining. I've read too much by two thirds of these people and it's really just... spot on

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alex Pareene, currently writing for Salon, bringing all of his bitchiest talents from Gawker with him, has compiled a list of the thirty worst political columnists in the US. It's a lot to read in one sitting, but it's delicious like a big box of Belgian chocolates.

His takes on George Will, Peggy Noonan and Maureen Dowd are especially pointed and really on the mark (though I still read MoDo on occasion, anyway). He's obviously not going to make any new friends among the old guard :rolleyes:

His Jonah Goldberg pull-down is probably the most deserved, though that's debatable given the rivals among the thirty.

I've STILL not got to this, but it's tucked away for later.

Thanks for posting. :smile:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I need to add Anderson Cooper....pathetic, and a shame, because there is 'journalistic' talent there... but when an anchor on a (now SEMI) network cites generic bloggers... the guy won't even say a name or blog but says shit like "a blog on the Internet claims that Obama did/is/was ________". Then with his audience with their pom-poms in their hands fawns over his "fact checking" against various anonymous internet bizarros...we're not far off from him citing LPSG as a legimate source for counter-debate.

Fuck it Anderson... just cum on air and admit you want to suck Obama's cock. You can lie to American public, just don't lie to yourself.

Yeah Anderson Cooper represents the stereotypical liberal journalist trying to masquerade as an unbiased journalist. I still remember when the Jeremiah Wright controversy came out and he basically said sorry to his audience for reporting about the situation but he had to because it's the big story at the moment or something along those lines. It's like don't apologize to the audience for reporting on a story that doesn't favor your guy, just report the news.