The 30 WORST Foods In America!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What I do is coupons. And lots of them. Buy One Get Ones and stuff like that. It can be expensive to eat good but it doesn't have to be. Buy family packs etc and when you break down what the cost is per meal it's not as bad as eating out. Here in NYC you can go broke eating salad bar all week and restaurants. I rarely go to a restaurant.

They do not have coupons at the co-op or at the health foods market here...organic food.
I like organic but I am not breaking the bank to have it every day. I will go buy stuff organic on the holidays but not when I don't have it to spend during the holidays.

My mom was a great cook but didn't always make the best stuff hralth wise for us and I even get the yen for a steak everynow and then so I just make it because I know myself and if I don't make it I'll think about it for days.

Me too. I save up for Outback Steakhouse. I can broil a mean steak...but sometimes Outback Prime Rib with double order of steamed veggies call out for me... :biggrin1:Also produce and fruit is sooooooo much cheaper at the farmer's market. I never buy that or pasta at the reg. supermarket. In a city like this if you wanna eat good cheaply you figure it out after a while all the ways.

There is a farmer's market here in my locale. I don't go there as much.

If only I could get persimmons in my area. I would make my family's traditional persimmon pudding.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You buy pasta? It's quick and easy to make and impresses the hell out of any dinner guests if you make it from scratch in front of them. OK, if you want it to have a bit of a bite, you've got to let it dry before cooking, but still...

Bread's easy to make too, although my problem (and my other half's) is the butter to spread on it.

I think the key is moderation. A little of what you fancy does you good, but sometimes what you don't fancy is better for you.

Yep...I make pasta from scratch about twice a week. It is wonderful to make your own tortellini, ravioli, etc. using whatever is in season. My favorite is Butternut Squash Ravioli in a Burnt Butter and Sage Sauce. And, you are right: nothing entertains guests more than making and serving pasta that you (and they) have made by hand. It makes for a great evening.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The first worst food isn't in America. It's in Canada. In Quebec they eat this .... called Poutine. French fries topped with cheese curds and smothered in brown gravy. My arteries clog up just thinking about it.

A great European favorite is french fries dipped in mayonnaise.

I can hear my left ventricle slamming shut as I write this.

I must say, however, it's yummy.