The 4 Minute Workout

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by goodwood, Jan 16, 2010.

1. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    Has anyone here heard of "The 4 Minute Workout"?

I stopped in and checked this out and the workout is a combination
    of strength and cardio performed for 4 minutes at high intensity and repetition, alternating upper and lower body every other day.

I definately felt the effects of the weight and the cardio but can 4 minutes a day actually produce any results? If you have heard of this or know someone who has done it, please share the results. Thanks.

2. WESISLEGEND

WESISLEGEND New Member

i have a hard time believing these.. you would probably see results but not at the rate you want

3. Blorkin

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I think you would see results, may take a while, but it is probaly better for maintaing your physique

4. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

Insane.

It takes 20 mins of cardio just to burn daily calories (asuming the workout increases the heart rate at leas 21%, and daily calorie intake is on a 2000 calorie daily intake)

It takes a 30 min cardio workout to see minor changes over the course of a month, and any "workout" that takes 4 minutes can't possibly contain enough reps to stimulate muscle growth.

I'm not a dietitian, personal trainer, doctor, physician, nor a nutritionist, but you can google facts like these.

If its sounds too good to be true...
    :cool:

5. jason8inch

jason8inch New Member

I never heard of this workout but it sounds like a joke. It might be good though as a warm up for your real workout.

6. jaxvillemike

jaxvillemike Member

4 minutes sounds short, but the combination of strength training and cardio at the same time is very powerful . . .

I train following crossfit (check out crossfit.com) . . . very high intensity workouts . . . often less than 20 mins. Some of the workouts are longer, like up to 40 minutes, but some of the workouts (like "fran" . . . look it up on the site) are only 5 or 10 minutes long . . .

Following the instructions on the crossfit site you get a very different work out every day, constant shock to your body, brief workouts but huge results . . . best training program on the planet . . . used by high performance elite athletes, special ops military forces, etc . . .

7. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

you can't get a workout in 4 minutes.

8. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Crossfit does work, but the crazy adherence to it and the cult-like obsession with it that some people get honestly creeps me out.

A 4 minute workout is better than no workout at all. In that sense, yes, you'd see results.

9. jockmaestro

Gold Member

I have heard of this and it's got to be a crock of shit. You might feel a few results, but FOUR minutes a day for training purposes? I think not. It's just another example of the instant results our society wants. Plus, I think I saw an add for the machine, which costs about 15,000 dollars.

10. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I certainly haven gotten my results in under 45 minutes, 4-5 days per week.

Draft saved Draft deleted