The 4th

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
The 4th is coming people. And I'm not happy with the state of things.

1.) It's not "fa la la la 4th" like christmas.
2.) It's not Christmas in July.
3.) It's not a big sale at JcPenny's.

I get so fucking sick of retail ruining the quintessential American holidays.

It's red white and blue, and it's the 4th of July! Christmas is celebrated in December. It's like the AD departments for these companies are on crack.

Opinions??

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The 4th is coming people. And I'm not happy with the state of things.

1.) It's not "fa la la la 4th" like christmas.
2.) It's not Christmas in July.
3.) It's not a big sale at JcPenny's.

I get so fucking sick of retail ruining the quintessential American holidays.

It's red white and blue, and it's the 4th of July! Christmas is celebrated in December. It's like the AD departments for these companies are on crack.

Opinions??

That was almost a rant. :wink: I think your point is that the over commercialization and merchandizing of many holidays annoys you.

I hate to admit it but I try not to let it bother me. Don't get me wrong if the funds are available I will shop! But I am old enough to know that isn't what it's all about. I think I luck out by having lived in smallish towns my whole life.

I have a young cousin (age 7) so we always make a point of celebrating the true meaning of each 'holiday' with him. We tend to have family gatherings on most holidays so it's not a true shopping day for me.

Did I answer your question?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Why get so worked up over it? Why not just celebrate the 4th as you think it ought to be and let others do the same?

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
That was almost a rant. :wink: I think your point is that the over commercialization and merchandizing of many holidays annoys you.

I hate to admit it but I try not to let it bother me. Don't get me wrong if the funds are available I will shop! But I am old enough to know that isn't what it's all about. I think I luck out by having lived in smallish towns my whole life.

I have a young cousin (age 7) so we always make a point of celebrating the true meaning of each 'holiday' with him. We tend to have family gatherings on most holidays so it's not a true shopping day for me.

Did I answer your question?

Yes, I need to vent because I've heard this kind of stuff solid for like 2 weeks and it really annoys me. But yea. I'm glad someone celebrates it right.

Why get so worked up over it? Why not just celebrate the 4th as you think it ought to be and let others do the same?

Because more people should celebrate the 4th for the 4th and not because you can get a good deal on capri pants. The 4th is a very important holiday, and it should be celebrated that way.

Sorry guys, I'm fed up with all kinds of shit right now and I have to vent.