The 80s and hairy chests ....

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
:crying: Still seems to be some consensus here that hairy backs are icky. The most annoying thing about this is that last time I tried to shave it myself I cut myself pretty bad, so I have to have help.

I hope some day you can accept it as part of the manly man you have become. If you absolutely just have to get rid of it, try magic shave. If you want to give it a try, pm me and I'll send you to a site that has detailed instructions on dilution, etc. Don't just try it yourself. You'll wind up with scalded skin.

Still, I say leave it be.

Being a large part Cherokee, I have almost zero chest hair. I like a fuzzy body holding me close.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Like many things, the fashionableness of hairy chests (on men, that is!) comes and goes. At present, the smooth look does seem to have the upper hand. For me, personally, although it is hardly critical, I like a man with hair on his chest. If a guy's naturally smooth, that's perfectly ok, but to deliberately get rid of it is a shame. Granted, some men who are hairy do benefit from some good trimming here and there to avoid looking like an ape. Nonetheless, I expect adult males to have at least some body hair, and I do find it unattractrive and girly when they shave their legs and underarms.

I do have hair on my own chest, although it is fairly light in distribution and in color, so it doesn't show up all that well. My father is hirsute, and I have always felt rather cheated that I do not take after him in that respect. Oh, well.

So, if you are reading this and you are a hairy-chested guy, you look great and leave it be!

Better to be smooth with the goods than have a peanut in the woods. :lmao:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You have to be embarrassed for your "Knight Rider" palpitations about as much as I have to be embarrassed for my "Miami Vice" palpitations: Nil. Those were the days, and they were great, but they're over. Past choices always look weird in todays eyes.

The thing you said about body hair is just BANG, nailed and a full hit. However I don't make the attractiveness dependent on the body hair color, it always looks better on a fit body than it does on a less fit one. I get sick seeing an obese man with a chest and belly full of curls, while the same can look rather good on a fit, trim body. My "interest" Frank has a trained chest, and the dark curls of hair add to its attractiveness, invite me to let my fingers play. If he was fair haired, I guess that wouldn't diminish the attractivity. But I think fair haired men tend to have less body hair, or was that dark haired men? I've heard that somewhere, but keep confusing and forgetting it.

However, someone without chest hair can be attractive too, I think. That's my other fuckbuddy, and he only has a thin layer of chest hair, almost invisible, hardly to be felt. Looks good on him too.

I think the attractiveness of body hair is completely dependent on the man. It's kind of similar to the way some women look good with blonde hair, and some just...don't. In my adventurous life, I've been a platinum blonde, a brunette, strawberry blonde, bright auburn, chestnut, mahogany...

The bright auburn and my current color (varied shades of blonde) are the only two that ever looked good on me.

I look terrible as a brunette, because it's just too much of a rebellion against nature (which does not explain why I look good as a redhead)...Oh well.

The point is, I just cannot imagine some of my favorite hairy men without their body hair. To try to remove or control it would definitely be a rebellion against nature.

Ever since I hit puberty, I've been attracted to men with body hair. There's an animalistic part of me, I think, that looks for the most "masculine" of mates...and for some reason, my brain tends to associate hair with masculinity.

(embarrassing confession: long, long ago, I used to get heart palpitations and hard nipples from looking at David Hasselhoff's chest hair on the TV show "Night Rider....) :shhh:

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
body hair is one of those things that most people either love or hate..not many in the middle on it. am very hairy and have been since mid teens. of course you get teased about it at that age, but mostly it has been an asset for me. hey..anyone can shave and be smooth, but everyone can not grow a chest full of hair and hairy legs and arms. my back is really the only plae that I'd consider removal, but it is not really dense there, just 2 small side patches and a thick patch growing from my waist line up..which I
think is a very manly thing.. so it is ok by me for now. but I do think tastes in furry men are like most fashion things and are cyclical.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
body hair is one of those things that most people either love or hate..not many in the middle on it. am very hairy and have been since mid teens. of course you get teased about it at that age, but mostly it has been an asset for me. hey..anyone can shave and be smooth, but everyone can not grow a chest full of hair and hairy legs and arms. my back is really the only plae that I'd consider removal, but it is not really dense there, just 2 small side patches and a thick patch growing from my waist line up..which I
think is a very manly thing.. so it is ok by me for now. but I do think tastes in furry men are like most fashion things and are cyclical.

On that note, several of the letters in this month's "Playgirl" bemoan the savagery of over-manscaping and long for the return of lush tropical forests ...
I think the writers may be ... male .
I have yet to look at the letter's pages in "Womens Weekly" and "The Peoples Friend" but will surely let you know their stance on pubes !

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not kidding at all. Perusing this personals website that I was at not long ago, where you are allowed to list turn ons/turn offs from a list of things that you could select, probably 8/10 females listed "body hair" as a turn off. Maybe 1 in 50 listed it as a turn on. Most of these girls were pretty young, so you may be right, it could be a generational thing.

I think in my Cultural Studies class we also conducted a quick informal poll in the classroom (by show of hands) on how many girls in the class considered body hair to be a turnoff, most of them raised their hands.

I'm okay with my body in general but I'm extremely self-conscious about the amount of hair, particularly as it grows on my back, my shoulders, the back of my next, the top of my arms...

I'll bet when you get right down to it, that these same women who claim to prefer men would shreik hysterically if they ever saw a real "live" penis just the same, regardless of size, shape or whatever.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'm okay with my body in general but I'm extremely self-conscious about the amount of hair, particularly as it grows on my back, my shoulders, the back of my next, the top of my arms...

Can I be next to feel that hair?:biggrin1:

If only they had told you that your hair is beautiful as in this clip:

YouTube - Hair

:wink:

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Lex said:
Fuck if only you were queer!

*gives Orcabomber a BIG MANLY HUG*
Only been called queer as an insult Lex.
*Hugs*

Pecker said:
Now, now, Orca. Lots of women would sleep with a wood louse with an English accent.
I'm betting they're American though. *Wah*

dreamer20

Can I be next to feel that hair?:biggrin1:

If only they had told you that your hair is beautiful as in this clip:
HAIR!
Woah, absolutely marvellous. Damned shaving fetishists.