The 99% But Is It Really?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by OhWiseOne, Feb 27, 2012.

1. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can see that angle but I have a different take. This is a person that is a complete tool, dick head, douche bag and not worthy of being called a human being. I would be willing to bet that he would have the same attitude even if he didn't have money. But find other ways to degrade people.

Oh and his math skills suck.

Just my thoughts. Take it away folks.

Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%' [UPDATED]

2. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    Too many unknowns to cast judgement against the low-tipper.

But I do love how this person pulls a dick move, gets publicity, and then the justice patrol has to roll in and comment on how "ghastly" it is to leave such a shit tip, or how bad someone must be at math because they used a heuristic shortcut and didn't bother to round up a cent. Egad! What a tear in our moral fabric! Derogations will set this straight!

Great way to benefit off of another person's misfortune though! Want to bet how much revenue the bandwidth regarding the story generated, and then how much of that money went to remedying the cheap-tip as thanks?

Perhaps the banker just felt he had as little personal accountability tipping Breanna as we do when it comes to righting the wrong?

3. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Think this is all BS!

4. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't have a problem using a tip as a way of voicing your thoughts about the service. But to make a personal attack is not called for.

5. bobg4400

Gold Member

This^

For all we know the woman could have been the crappiest waitress ever or something so his actual tip could be justified. The comment is what's makes it over the top. This probably still would have been all over the news though, even if he hadn't left the comment. Waiters and waitresses seem to think tips are mandatory to the point where people complain when you don't tip them, even if they spilled drinks on you.

6. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's yet unknown all the details. Okay, we see the low tip. The v.p. of operations at the restaurant wants to talk with the server. Maybe there's something we don't know.

Then there's the employee. Maybe they have some problem with their boss. Clearly they do as they made a blog on it. They didn't apparently try any of the many avenues which may be available to address problems with a boss who is supposedly the lowest of all creatures to ever roam the earth.

For all we know, this employee who made the blog, went with the boss to lunch and then was making all sorts of gestures when the boss wasn't looking (he was checking text messages or reading a menu) and then the server Breanna was giggling so he (the boss) took offense.

One of the biggest laughs is the idiot from True Kitchen, Paul Wilcox. He's going to ask the server if her service was up to the level expected. Really? Like what's she going to say?

"No, I dissed the customer, spilled his water, food and everything and scratched my teeth for food residue while he sat there. That 1 percent was really quite generous"

Obviously she's going to say she did a good job, if she doesn't then she's out of work.

I am aware that waiters and waitresses and other service staff do a very hard job. I am also aware that some are rude and some are other ways inattentive. More needs to be known on all sides, including the boss, who can easily be tracked down. Let's here their side too not just some unhappy worker.

#6 Hoss, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  7. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've cut tips back to as low as 10% if I thought the waiter's or waitress's service wanting. But if there were problems worth expressing I did so via online or written comments directly to the company or customer service, and to be sure, there's been a few.

But this "get a real job" comment is WAY something else, and smacks of exactly what it is: pompous, elitist, bullshit, if not more.

A "real job"?? WTF would this joker consider a "real job" anyway?? Fuckin' around with other people's money, charging them for it, and getting government bailouts so you fuck around with more money? That's a "real job"??

#7 b.c., Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  8. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    My tipping starts off at 20%. Goes down with no service or smothering service. I don't go below 10% though. I know what these service personnel make. Basically pennies to take other people's crap throughout their day.

9. D_Dick_S_Lapp

D_Dick_S_Lapp Account Disabled

I don't know, i just checked the site and it says the hard copy doesn't have it. My cynical side says hell why not, people are assholes anyway and my naive side calls bullshit.

10. tamati

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    99% chance his food gets spit in (or worse) now.

11. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The server is the person on point. It is not always their fault for your dining experience.
    Food preperation - the kitchens job
    Length of time to recieve your food - managers job
    Restaurant hygiene - managers job
    Table service - the server
    I have had times where I have not been satisfied with an area that is out of the control of the server and have asked for the manager. In these situations I don't punish the server with a crappy tip.

12. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It appears that it was photoshopped. Darn people.....pfft

But that doesn't change my feelings about the whole tipping topic.

13. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had suspicions about it being photoshopped.

Yeah, tipping is still an issue and many people undertip. There are some who use the excuse that it's a down- economy. To me that means add a 1 or 2 percent to help the waiter or other service staff person out since they probably won't be getting a salary increase from the employer but may still be getting a rent increase and paying higher food costs at the store. Cab drivers, hotel staff, wait staff, delivery people all should be graded on what they do.
    in a restaurant, I take into account that the kitchen workers may not be the best, many reasons.....larger than usual crowd, a few workers took the shift off at the last minute, no replacements. I base the waiter/waitress individually. How they behave towards me, are they polite, addressing my concerns, how they seem to be towards other customers.....if they are nice to me and then rude to another directly and I hear it, I do hold it against them. I will still leave them a 15 percent (normally I give 20-22 percent) but I will also send a note to the manager that some staff are not always polite towards all customers......I will not give a name specifically unless I have been verbally abused, but in those cases, I've already spoken directly to management at the time of the incident.

14. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Called BS on this yesterday.

15. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So I guess you feel good about yourself.

16. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    I sure wish we knew what was on the dining tab that ran up that amount.

Maybe a tasty grilled cheese sandwich......

....yeah, I keep wondering what they had for lunch. That was my first hint it wasn't right. (You wouldn't be thinking it a crazy idea if Jessica Fletcher had said it:biggrin1:.)

17. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Or their drinks......:eek:

18. tamati

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Easy, just eat sushi with a good bottle of sake