The Adult Presidential Fitness Test

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Presidential Fitness Test Grows Up

Adults prepare to test their flexibility as part of the launch of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports new national adult fitness test. (Brendan Hoffman/Associated Press)

The President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, which routinely recognizes the physical fitness efforts of elementary school students, now offers a new fitness assessment for adults

The test, for people 18 and older, was created because the council received so many requests for an assessment of adult fitness. Using an online form, exercisers can log their scores to find out how they rank among other Americans. For instance, a 40-year-old woman who can run 1.5 miles in 15 minutes (a 10-minute-per-mile pace) ranks in the 65th percentile — meaning she’s above average, but 35 percent of similarly aged women are in better shape

To complete the aerobic component of the test you need your time for a 1.5-mile run, or your time and heart rate after a one-mile walk. The test also asks you to do as many push-ups as you can and measures the number of “half” sit-ups you can do in a minute.

A stretching exercise called the “sit-and-reach” is used to measure flexibility. For that, you need a yardstick or a friend to measure the distance from your fingers to your toes as you reach for them. Age, gender, height and weight are also part of your health assessment.

The good news is that you don’t have to complete all the test components to get a score for just one or two of the exercises.

To calculate your score, click here and enter your data.

Are you surprised by your ranking?

I didn't take the adult version, I figure why bother. :tongue: I couldn't pass this thing in the 7th grade, chances of me passing now are slim to none. :redface:

The three things that always messed me up were push-ups, chin-ups, and sit-ups. I have no upper body strength so push-ups and chin-ups always did me in. Sit-ups, I can and could do, but never in the "right" amount of time.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Presidential fitness test-HA!

"Like the President ever took or passed this stupid thing." (yes that response got me suspended from JHS#49 in the Spring of '73, at the time we had Nixon as President)

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

"Like the President ever took or passed this stupid thing." (yes that response got me suspended from JHS#49 in the Spring of '73, at the time we had Nixon as President)

Actually Bush is quite fit, he's done nothing but ride his bicycle for the last 7+ years, we should all have that much spare time. :biggrin1: I think he's also wrecked his bicycle more times than a child too, which makes me think he was rwi/rui. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love it! :lmao: Sounds like something I would have thought but never had the guts to say.

Actually Bush is quite fit, he's done nothing but ride his bicycle for the last 7+ years, we should all have that much spare time. :biggrin1: I think he's also wrecked his bicycle more times than a child too, which makes me think he was rwi/rui. :biggrin1:
Don't forget all that chopping of wood down at the ranch in Crawford, TX. In theory between the running and the wood chopping, he should be quite buff. :tongue:

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
here's mine, though the aerobic part i just guessed. i didn't do the flexibility one.

Aerobic Fitness*
1-Mile Walk 15:00 60%ile
Heart Rate 130
VO2 Max 38.3

Muscular Strength

Half Sit-Ups 67 95%ile
Push-Ups 31 80%ile

Overall Score (based on percentile average) 78%ile

Body Composition
BMI: 23.6 Normal
Waist Circumference 30

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love it! :lmao: Sounds like something I would have thought but never had the guts to say.
Sadly, my mouth got me into binds more than once. After that winner, Mr.Heiss sent me to the corner (where the boys who'd forgotten their uniforms were placed-it consisted of 2 people). He then started a skins/shirts game of basketball and took me to the office, where, we waited until the assistant principal-Mr.Kelly-came down along with The Barge (the dean, Mr.Baragiano). I was taken to the deans office, given several paddle whacks, and then had to wait for someone to come and get me. My grandfather finally arrived, listened to the charges and looking at me, he knew it was true. He then told the dean to remind me-even though the dean made clear he had, my grandfather insisted it be done again so he could witness it. I counted 10 more paddle whacks after which my grandfather took me home and had me sit on a hard wooden straightback chair, which hurt. Additional reminders included doing all the household work-cleaning, laundry and cooking (since I only knew how to make meat patties this was a challenge-a new lesson was added daily and I learned to cook.)

Not a quick learner, a few weeks later I managed to get to the microphone in the school lunchroom where I told the room that Mr.Barbini had a teenie weenie. (he was either a dean or another assistant principal-I no longer remember which). For having used the microphone-which had a sign on it saying it was for staff only-I was expelled. (I guess there must have been truth in what I said about Mr.Barbini, since that was not listed as a reason for my expulsion.)

The following September, I entered high school, where I was somewhat better behaved.