Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the alpha male is that guy that;

parks sideways , taking up more than one parking spot. or in a handicap zone, but has no handicap.

takes the two car length space between you and the car infront of you, then slams on the breaks to get you to back off his ass.

goes well beyond the firm handshake, and tries to break as many bones in your hand as possible.

gets into the 10 items or less lane at the market with 20 items.

fires the dedicated lifelong employee without benefits to hire a slacker for 1/4 the price.

becomes temporarily deaf when a woman says "NO!".

urban dictionary hits the alpha nail on the ever expanding head several times...

"A domineering and aggressive male. Instinctually forces his will upon other males and females to get his way through any means necessary, including violence. Unhibited and primitive."

"The alpha male is an act that is performed by males usually in their teens and twenties who act tough, are loud, and have to be the center of attention or they feel insecure. When a man is successful and in his thirties he no longer acts this way because he has grown up and realized that the entire alpha male act is phony. When was the last time you saw a rich, successful man try to pick a fight??? Never. The only guys that do this are the losers that go to bars to take their anger out because they are angry inside for going nowhere in life."

"Like a real dictator, some megalomaniac who thinks he has some special right to run the show. Has only as much power as people give him in their minds. You choose to obey him, he has power. You choose not to, he has nothing."

"Those who are born feeling that the world just "isn't right" and it's their job to make it right. Will do anything to gain control of people and bend them to their will. Forces ideologies on all people, friend and foe, domestic and foreign.
Has no sense of reasoning except rationalization, which may you note is coming up with reasons after-the-fact. Completely and totally reactionary.
World renowned for creating illth (in place of wealth) and convincing people there is really wealth.
Usually identifiable by their ape-like complexion and ape-like actions. (They're a regressive force in evolution - things always flow both ways)
Stereotypically, what every marine wants to be."
That's not an alpha male. What you have described there is a wanker.

Here's a place where you can start getting a clue to what the phrase means:

Alpha (ethology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
At least in my world, alpha status is a cerebral and emotional thing, not a physical thing, and certainly not a fiscal/materialistic thing. As I wrote above, alpha is much more about being elevated by respect rather than forcing a cowering into submission.

But maybe I'm too much the idealist :cool:
Maybe you're the realist and everybody else has their heads up their asses. :smile:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Uhm well what media tells the "buff men/well hung men/players" that they are alphas?

I think most sports stars are just that sports stars but rubbish as human beings off the field, and I have little to no respect more than I would a total stranger walking down the street? A confident man that knows what he wants and can get it while respecting those around him is a good thing. A man that steps on those around him to get his way is a bully, as others have said.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There is, however, a huge gulf between being an alpha and being a bully. Alphas are respected because the lead by example of what's best in a situation. Bullies are feared because they'll stop at nothing to maintain control. True alphas have a passionate sense of greatness; true bullies just suck all the oxygen out of a room.

Only recently has such a distinction emerged.

Thru most of history, and in much of the third world today, alpha male behavior is marked by cruelty, bullying, and ruthless action.

Stalin was alpha.
Saddam Hussein was Alpha
Robert Mugabe is Alpha
Kadahfi was alpha

The history of men who wield power is usually one of violence and brutality.

Only in the more modern times, in the more technologically civilized nations, has the concept of Alpha been softened to be merely a commanding and confident person who still has compassion and respect.

But in truth... the men who make it to the top of the pile, even in these countries, are the ones willing to bend or break the rules, willing to commit a crime, or play unfair, willing to take advantage of others...

there just less physical in their ruthlessness.

When I meet those who started out average or poor and ended up rich... It is not surprising that MOST of them can trace their wealth to a handful of opportunities where they royally screwed another person or group of people in a deal.

Madoff was alpha

And even the occasional truly principled alpha, Like Marcus Aurelius, still knew when they had to chop of a head or two.