The "American Family Association" Endorses Newt Gingrich?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joyboytoy79, Dec 20, 2011.

1. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I admit. I'm pretty liberal. I don't understand what's "conservative" about denying anybody freedom of choice. I just don't get it.

I also don't understand how a "conservative" think tank, the "American Family Association," whose sole purpose is to advocate "conservative family values" in politics, can endorse Newt Gingrich. This is the same AFA that places strong emphasis on Marriage as the defining force behind family. It claims that same-sex marriage will destroy Marriage, and therefor destroy families. Yet, it endorses a man who has been twice divorced, and thrice married.

I just don't understand how the logic works here. Again, I admit to having a hard time understanding "conservatives." Even so, this one is just mind boggling!

Gingrich wins endorsements from former American Family Association leader, Iowa Speaker - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

2. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its not hard to understand. Its not about how you act... Its just about what you are talking and what "values" you are preach, no matter if you follow this values. The people only wanna believe that you work to make the country more "their value like".

How often does a conservativ priest or politican speaks against homosexuality and at home they suck their amanuensis...

3. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I will admit that I have not looked into why he got divorced. That is a personal issue which in todays politics doesn't stay private. But divorce doesn't mean you are against core family values. Sometimes the family, in whatever form, is better off.

4. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    But he showed three times that some argumentations of thouse organisations doesnt work...
    You cant say that gay marriage distroys the family. As long as people they vote for show that you dont need to by gay for this...

5. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Reasons:

His first wife got sick with cancer, and stopped looking the part of a politician's wife.

His second wife got boring in the bedroom.

I'm not against divorce, but neither am I going around listing things that I think should be banned to strengthen marriage. I actually think I'm a family values guy. I want to have kids. I want to give them a loving home and teach them to be good world citizens. I want to do so while married to the man I love. I'll love him if he gets cancer. I won't get bored of him in the bedroom. I think those are pretty strong family values, don't you?

#5 joyboytoy79, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  6. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

Newt is definitely not a paragon of virtue in any manner and his past may come back to haunt him in spades before the election. At the same time he is exactly what religious extremists want and that is a man who will say anything or do anything to get elected including mouth their viewpoints and pander to their kind of closed mind thinking.

7. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
  8. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
  9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the main objective is to get rid of Obama and all the "values" arguments are just cover for that purpose. I'll bet 10,000 dollars that if Newt wins the nomination, the American Family Association endores him over Obama, who has a beautiful family.

Anyhow, Newt is finished. His chances of winning the contest are worse than those of that crazy woman from Minnesota.

10. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I strongly suspect the man is a sociopath (Antisocial Personality Disorder). His own staff said so after he resigned from congress in disgrace. As far as the conservatives who endorse him, I agree that part of it is just who they think can win and spout their "values." However, I think there is another element here. Evangelicals, in my experience, tend to think in terms of temptation, sin, the devil, repentance, and getting saved. Liberals like myself tend to think more in terms of personality structure.
    That's how when "evangelist" Jimmy Swaggart gets caugh pants down with a prostitute in a Lincoln Town Car in a suburb of New Orleans, a tearful repent and claim of having gotten back to God will get him off the hook. We have seen this work dozens if not hundreds of times.

Draft saved Draft deleted