The Arrogance of being...

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of the inherent problems in defending the current situation is the Insurance companies are not anything most people want to defend. They are the lesser of two evils at this point.

No one is saying changes were not needed. Most of us just feel the gov;t take over is just the wrong way to go about it.

If the libs weren;t so hellbent on the gov't takeover aspect of reform we could actually get a decent agreement on how to make things better.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If the libs weren;t so hellbent on the gov't takeover aspect of reform we could actually get a decent agreement on how to make things better.

YAWN... there is no "government takeover" of the health care system. After more than a year of telling this lie, don't you think conservatives need another game plan? :rolleyes:

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do you figure?

The gov't and some pencil pusher is going to evaluate weather or not you or your kids is worth the care you need. That is scary.

Imagine yourself or your kid in that situation. AT least you could maybe sue the insurance company, bring political pressure, public attention.... When it is the gov't you will be screwed. I hope it doesn't happen to you but wait and see. The gov't can not run the DMV well. Wait till they get their paws into the health system.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How do you figure?

The gov't and some pencil pusher is going to evaluate weather or not you or your kids is worth the care you need. That is scary.

Imagine yourself or your kid in that situation. AT least you could maybe sue the insurance company, bring political pressure, public attention.... When it is the gov't you will be screwed. I hope it doesn't happen to you but wait and see. The gov't can not run the DMV well. Wait till they get their paws into the health system.

you really are a complete idiot

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How do you figure?

The government isn't perfect, but private enterprise is far worse.
When it's the difference between life and death, you don't want the physician or the insurance company that you invested in for years deciding your fate based on how much you spent. And BTW, do you have a driver's license? I do. Renewing it was a breeze too. If the DMV is your key example as a badly run government organization, then you must live a VERY sheltered life. What's next... the Postal Service? Also, grandma isn't being put to death nor will the government decide when she's going to die. It won't fund abortions, nor will it fund illegal immigrants. No, we're not turning into Canada (no offense to the Canadians, for I really do love Montreal and Toronto). No, it's not a handout to lazy people who want to leech off the system.

Anything else? Oh yeah... I pay taxes too. :rolleyes:

I mean, if we're going to follow the usual rhetorical "party of no" script, I KNOW that's what you were going to say. Got anything else that doesn't scream unedumakated?

How do you figure?

Right. The private insurance companies don't do that now... :rolleyes:

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No one is saying changes were not needed. Most of us just feel the gov;t take over is just the wrong way to go about it.

Dude, you need to start getting your facts from sources other than Fox News. (Call me naïve. I limit TV exposure to 1 hour/day and had never seen Fox except for Glenn Beck clips on Rachel Maddow. Which I realize is not unbiased.) I was in a restaurant over the weekend. Fox was on and the “news reader” referred to the Health Care Reform bill as a “government takeover” of healthcare. And I guess people believe everything they hear. :confused:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dude, you need to start getting your facts from sources other than Fox News. (Call me naïve. I limit TV exposure to 1 hour/day and had never seen Fox except for Glenn Beck clips on Rachel Maddow. Which I realize is not unbiased.) I was in a restaurant over the weekend. Fox was on and the “news reader” referred to the Health Care Reform bill as a “government takeover” of healthcare. And I guess people believe everything they hear. :confused:

Dumb people do believe everything they hear. Notice how none of the Senators proposed any amendments to stop the "DEATH PANELS". Guess either they weren't there in the first place or the Republicans support death panels afterall.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Originally Posted by conntom

How do you figure?

The gov't and some pencil pusher is going to evaluate weather or not you or your kids is worth the care you need. That is scary...............................but then again maybe it's sunny and clear with a SW breeze at 10mph.