The art of conversation is dead...

(no response)

You think Capello should play Crouch?
Not seen them in action...

Has complacency lead to a higher error rate in the Welsh game?
Two words: spell-checker.

Is it worth paying the extra for a Vantage when an XKR gives similar performance.
It could be, there can be a lot more to something than specs. If you were serious we could give them both a test drive and careful inspection, at the very least.

You want me to shut up now don't you?
Kinda did. Doesn't seem nice though. And you put forth a valid point.

Some people can barely be stuffed with others these days...

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Conversation is indeed dead. We've lost the ability to talk period, let alone on a deep-level. Verbal communication is so fast, shallow and superficial now. People just don't like to sit and talk long over dinner anymore. In fact, we're losing the ability to socialize. A tv, game, concert, alcohol or something has to bring us together; we just can't sit for any period of time and socialize for socialization's sake. It's either "I'm too busy" or some other lame excuse. Mind you, even in the 80's, Americans still visited each other and could enjoy long hours of idle conversation.

If aint's sports or the weather, or some recent tragedy, people can't talk (unless they're gossiping, of course, ... and they have plenty of hours for that).

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Conversation is indeed dead. We've lost the ability to talk period, let alone on a deep-level. Verbal communication is so fast, shallow and superficial now. People just don't like to sit and talk long over dinner anymore. In fact, we're losing the ability to socialize. A tv, game, concert, alcohol or something has to bring us together; we just can't sit for any period of time and socialize for socialization's sake. It's either "I'm too busy" or some other lame excuse. Mind you, even in the 80's, Americans still visited each other and could enjoy long hours of idle conversation.

If aint's sports or the weather, or some recent tragedy, people can't talk (unless they're gossiping, of course, ... and they have plenty of hours for that).

Is this really true? Because that is not the case with close friends of mine. In fact, the people I chose to associate with do not fit the description above.

Does anyone here live that life as describe above by BigBull29? That, ironically enough, would make for an interesting conversation. :biggrin1:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
My problem is that I find 2/3s of the people I meet are stupid. The 33% left are half male and I don't talk sports, unless it's MMA,

I'll fucking banter, but I gotta know you won't monopolize the conversation with you. People LOVE talking about themselves and that gets to be boring. I'd much rather read the back of a beer bottle label.

What about that K1 "Dog" - Sorry it's the only MMA I watch. And Bob Sapp - what a scream - how can someone look in pain WHILE they're hitting someone half their size!

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Me: Hey, how's it goin?
Her: It's like, so hot today, i feel like...I need to like go swimming and like work on my tan all day.
Me: Sounds fun.
Her: I know...did I tell you I ran into Jen today? I like saw her ugly ass at the gas station. She was like, walking to her ghetto car with a 6 pack. She like had this guy with her, and he like had a mullet...it was like soooooo funny. You like, should have seen it, you would have like laughed your ass off
Me: *pretending to give a shit* That's cool.

....I know what ya mean ;)

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What about that K1 "Dog" - Sorry it's the only MMA I watch. And Bob Sapp - what a scream - how can someone look in pain WHILE they're hitting someone half their size!

Unskilled, no wind, but DAMN! What a punch! It looks like he's tearing his own arm out when he punches.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Is this really true? Because that is not the case with close friends of mine. In fact, the people I chose to associate with do not fit the description above.

Does anyone here live that life as describe above by BigBull29? That, ironically enough, would make for an interesting conversation. :biggrin1:

I didn't say everyone's experience is just like what I described: it's a generalization, if you wish, and a very true one.

Why do you think this thread topic was started?:biggrin1: