The Articles of Confounderation: Masculine and Feminine ( Butch and Femme ).

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hello, LPSG-ers: (Invisi-dah-ling here. Hehehe.)

In Taoism, there is the yin (feminine) and yang (masculine). They coexist. They balance. Homosexual (gay male) couplings (They are double yang but they have to balance that out by getting their yin from other sources (like swimming and nature hiking.)

Due to the "Why do gay men have to be so darn 'nelly and girly'? (I know that was not the true name of the real thread in question, but a paraphrase :smile: ) " thread, I was thinking about the gender roles lately.

I was wondering what are these so called "masculine" and "feminine" gender roles in detail. What is considered "butch"? What is considered
"femme"? What are the pros and cons for being butch? What are the pros and cons for being femme? Do you find these roles confining? Or are these gender roles used as a means of control? Do you really feel that these are truly important in life?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was wondering what are these so called "masculine" and "feminine" gender roles in detail. What is considered "butch"? What is considered
"femme"?
These are entirely sociologically determined, there is no good answer to that question.
What are the pros and cons for being butch? What are the pros and cons for being femme? Do you find these roles confining? Or are these gender roles used as a means of control? Do you really feel that these are truly important in life?
I don't know that there ARE any pros and cons. Personally, I don't really worry about it. In my relationship with my partner, were just simply are who we are. Others can either like it or not like it, that does not have any effect on us.