The audacity of hypocrisy

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Are you kidding? Its like 8 degrees here and I get up at 5:00 a.m. Its gotta be the strong stuff.

Didn't mean to bite your head off; but it seems every time I make an argument the last few days somebody throws that - 'you're on a cock site' cheapshot out there.

Well, you keep proving you're a big dick. So what else is new?

D

deleted15807

Anyway, the scuttlebutt on you is that you are unemployed

You know I kind of figured that :wink2:. I've always been amazed how a true 'star' investor has sooooo much time on his hands. Investing is not something that runs on 'autopilot' and certainly not in this market. Now it's so clear.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know I kind of figured that :wink2:. I've always been amazed how a true 'star' investor has sooooo much time on his hands. Investing is not something that runs on 'autopilot' and certainly not in this market. Now it's so clear.

To the contrary, the market is open from 9:30 to 4:00 EST Monday through Friday. Any trading activity is conducted within that 6.5 hour window each day.

Moreover, strategic asset allocation and long-term investing is a practice which does not promote large-scale shifting and repositioning over the short-term. That said, the ability to prioritize and to be effective and timely is a virtue that is evident and common for a professional that has been doing the same thing for 15 years.

Do you think Warren Buffett is moving in and out of the market multiple times each day? If you look at the average holding period for his positions, you will see that he invests in a company with the hope of holding onto that business for several years.

You may have me confused with a 'day trader' - which I am not.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . Investing is not something that runs on 'autopilot' and certainly not in this market. . . .

. . . he invests in a company with the hope of holding onto that business for several years. You may have me confused with a 'day trader' - which I am not.

There is a vast middle ground between these two extremes. Wise investors would be well 'advised' to carefully traverse this shifting middle ground, in my humble opinion, especially in this market. Just my two cents.

D

deleted15807

You may have me confused with a 'day trader' - which I am not.

Whatever your 'investment horizon' it feels highly unlikely you could lurk around here to the extent you do, download neo-con talking points and be a 'star' investor. The numbers just don't crunch to that conclusion. Additionally the effort you spent begging the moderators to please let you back in.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whatever your 'investment horizon' it feels highly unlikely you could lurk around here to the extent you do, download neo-con talking points and be a 'star' investor. The numbers just don't crunch to that conclusion. Additionally the effort you spent begging the moderators to please let you back in.

Ahh, spending 5 to 8 minutes per day doesn't an entire day take. But thanks for all your concern all the same. BTW, we joined in the same month, and you have 500 more posts than I do. Are you unemployed?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Ahh, spending 5 to 8 minutes per day doesn't an entire day take. But thanks for all your concern all the same. BTW, we joined in the same month, and you have 500 more posts than I do. Are you unemployed?

It doesn't take too much time or effort to dismantle a lot of your posts on the basis of faulty logic, displaced premises, selective comparisons --- or, all of the above...

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hurray!! Another conservative chat board hack. As of today, 51% of the American public approves of Obama. The reason his poll numbers have weakened from last year is because the 40% of people who are not hard core liberal or conservative and dont pay much attention to anything other than Amurican Idol and the latest gadget from Spacely Sprockets thought Obama could snap his fingers and the economy would be all better. Intelligent people on both sides of the political spectrum knew better. But the conservatives are using peoples disaffection with the economy to score political points. It's smart politics but doesn't really relate to heath care, bank regulation and other proposals. If the economy was appreciably better, Brown would not have been elected. ........To quote a great philanderer, "It's the Economy Stupid"

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
It doesn't take too much time or effort to dismantle a lot of your posts on the basis of faulty logic, displaced premises, selective comparisons --- or, all of the above...

Yes, and such sport it is! You failed to mention that. I try to find time for fun in my life. :cool:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Hmmm . . . you noticed that, too. eh? I'm not a professional time-management analyst, but I have a few decades as a private business owner who has a pretty good idea how much time is necessary to complete a 40 hour work week, including emergency days off, sick leave, the usual (and very necessary) water cooler chat, and the 20+ minutes at the beginning of every work day (in the USA) needed to bond by unloading everyone's opinion about the previous night's basketball/football game (double or triple that time around the Soup-er Bowel). And I'm quite certain whoever has employed Starimposter is definitely not getting their fair share of his attention to detail at his job . . . even if he is getting up at 5:00 AM to deliver newspapers. :smile:

A year or so back, Star was complaining about being unemployed. I wonder if he smoked "illegal" plants or ingested "illegal" substances during his period of non-work. And if so, did he collect any unemployment? Just wondering.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A year or so back, Star was complaining about being unemployed. I wonder if he smoked "illegal" plants or ingested "illegal" substances during his period of non-work. And if so, did he collect any unemployment? Just wondering.

Nope.

I've been 'employed' since i was 12.

Must be somebody else. During one of your 'tripping' episodes you may have fantasized this.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fine, but having a paper route, admirable as that may be, is a far cry from a 'star investment adviser'.

Really, after 25 years don't you think it's time to think about getting a real job?

You win. I wasn't an investment advisor at age 12.:rolleyes:

Yes, I did have a paper route - got up at 4:30 to deliver the morning paper in the frigid snowbelt. Had that to age 16 when I worked at a pizza store 25 hrs/wk. In college worked at a factory every summer, and during school worked a minimum of 30 hrs/wk.

So no, I don't have much patience for able bodied people that keep sucking off the system. When I started that paper route, I made 2.5 cents per paper. I bought my own clothes, anything other than food I paid for at the age of 12.

So a 25 year old guy that is laying around on his couch collecting welfare is revolting to me.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So a 25 year old guy that is laying around on his couch collecting welfare is revolting to me.

And they all send you a collective "go fuck yourself" in response. As if you know why some, or even most of these people could be collecting Welfare to begin with. Yet I'm sure you instantly assumed it's because they're lazy and want your tax dollars. That's what closed-minded neoconservitards like you do.

Discriminate much? :rolleyes:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I know.

Thanks, I will treasure this moment.

As for the rest of your post, there is a lot of mythology that exists around the so-called 'social safety net' - programs which are often woefully inadequate to address the real needs of people, and that have been systematically shredded over the decades. In addition, Congressional tinkering has only increased the amount of money wasted and the amount of beauracracy that gets in the way of getting people the resources and support they actually need when they need it. Certainly there are people who game the system, but those are extreme examples of a small minority, easily spun to condemn the entire system. (There's that word again.)

Unless you have firsthand knowledge, you really aren't in a position to condemn. I think a lot of people in this current recession have had a rude awakening when they had to ask for assistance from programs they used to condemn, and never thought they'd need. You'd better hope you never find yourself in their position. I can assure you that as a (single?) male you would have a rude awakening too. FYI: 'Welfare', or 'general assistance' as it is now more commonly called, is pretty much restricted to single mothers with dependent children. I can assure you, a 25 y.o. able-bodied male would not qualify.

By the way, did you draw unemployment? Just wondering. And are you gonna give your Social Security benefits back to the government piggy bank and turn down Medicare when the time comes?

How do you like my new ink? I switched to Democratic blue after Obama restored my faith in him by standing up, calling out liars, kicking ass and taking names. Inspiring, no?

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know.

Thanks, I will treasure this moment.

As for the rest of your post, there is a lot of mythology that exists around the so-called 'social safety net' - programs which are often woefully inadequate to address the real needs of people, and that have been systematically shredded over the decades. In addition, Congressional tinkering has only increased the amount of money wasted and the amount of beauracracy that gets in the way of getting people the resources and support they actually need when they need it. Certainly there are people who game the system, but those are extreme examples of a small minority, easily spun to condemn the entire system. (There's that word again.)

Again, I am not condemning the entire system. There are folks that I know that are abusing welfare; but I acknowledge that the system does need to exist for many people that are legitimately in need of assistance.

Unless you have firsthand knowledge, you really aren't in a position to condemn. I think a lot of people in this current recession have had a rude awakening when they had to ask for assistance from programs they used to condemn, and never thought they'd need.

I'm with you here.

You'd better hope you never find yourself in their position. I can assure you that as a (single?) male you would have a rude awakening too. FYI: 'Welfare', or 'general assistance' as it is now more commonly called, is pretty much restricted to single mothers with dependent children. I can assure you, a 25 y.o. able-bodied male would not qualify

Had a former employee call me last week to ask if he could use my address to show that he is paying rent so that he could qualify for food stamps.

By the way, did you draw unemployment? Just wondering. And are you gonna give your Social Security benefits back to the government piggy bank and turn down Medicare when the time comes?

I've never drawn unemployment. My business really doesn't work that way; if business is bad we just take a drop in income. We make a % of the assets that we manage.
RIght now, I plan on signing my Social Security checks over to charity. That's what a lot of our clients do. The SSA won't allow you to decline benefits; we've looked into it.

How do you like my new ink? I switched to Democratic blue after Obama restored my faith in him by standing up, calling out liars, kicking ass and taking names. Inspiring, no?
The new ink is a little better. Thanks for almost making me hurl up my breakfast with your cheer about Obama.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Again, I am not condemning the entire system.
Your generalization makes it sound that way. You should be more specific.

Had a former employee call me last week to ask if he could use my address to show that he is paying rent so that he could qualify for food stamps..
I can assure you, that is all he will get.

RIght now, I plan on signing my Social Security checks over to charity.
If you follow through on this, that would be admirable. If only more would follow your example. Better yet, if benefits were paid according to need as the program was first intended, rather than based on life earnings.

The new ink is a little better. Thanks for almost making me hurl up my breakfast with your cheer about Obama.
You could probably stand to lose a few pounds, Fat Cat. Belt tightening is de rigueur these days. :cool:

Last edited: