The Baby Gaga: All new Breast Milk Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_crackoff, Feb 24, 2011.

1. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

2. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Well, my breastmilk is yummy and it comes pre-sweetened, too. Someone actually described breastmilk as "as sweet as ice cream" so I suppose this is the next logical step.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

:puke: No thanks!

4. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not quite sure how I'd feel about having icecream made out of a strangers breast milk....

5. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes, breastmilk is fine but drinking/eating a strangers milk is a little off-putting.

6. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    See, I had this exact same thought, but then I thought, "What makes a cow better?" I don't exactly think of cows as being these clean sterile animals, and actually, when you think about cow milk that closely, it doesn't seem all that appetizing either.

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Hmm, titmilk ice cream, will we get to add a flavor from the men, like chunky spunky?

8. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    Both types of milk need to be pasteurized, and it's the butter-fat that makes for great ice-cream (Haagen Dazs), so I guess it comes down to whether or not you want to support mothers with breasts, or farmers with cattle.

But the real question is can I get it in triple brownie overload flavor? :tongue:

9. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Time for an epic admission...I am not a big fan of ice cream. I know! I know! I must be mad, but I don't find it that great. The first few spoons are delicious but then my taste buds seem to freeze and suddenly what I'm eating tastes of nothing. Paige makes an excellent point though, the source of the milk has little to do with the end product - so perhaps I should embrace the booby milk and be grateful.

10. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    I probably drink 4-6 glasses of milk a day, and none of that wussy skim stuff. 3.5% worth of Homogenized BOOO YEAH!

I luuuurv me some milk.

11. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  12. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Haha, I like milk too. I drink around a pint a day excluding cereal. I agree that the skimmed milk tastes horrible. I need full fat to be satisfied. :smile:

I had never seen that advert before. Thank you for that. The image of an older gentleman with a pump attached to his nipples will be in my head for some time now. :tongue:

13. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's a great commercial.

I love milk as well, but I drink a lot of 2%. I think it's a matter of what you grew up on some, and I grew up on 2%. I also like using it for oatmeal and hot chocolate, mmm. And of course chocolate milk is awesome. There is only one flaw with chocolate milk, and that is I'm always done with half of the glass by the time I get back to my room.

14. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I don't know that the source has little to do with the quality of the milk. I had some goat's milk ice cream last summer and the ice cream definitely had that "musky" odor that goat's milk has, and that odor is due to the goat's musk glands which permeates the flavor of the milk. I didn't like it.

I really like the natural flavor of breast milk, so I imagine that it makes very delicious ice cream. I wonder if it's good for us, too. The immunological benefits of breast milk for infants is well documented, but I do not know if it provides any benefits for adults. If it does, the combined immunities from 15 separate women would make it an incredible immune system booster. That's assuming that the antibodies are capable of surviving pasteurization. I found an article that says that a pasteurization method that kills viruses such as HIV still leaves the beneficial antibodies in breast milk, so that's good to know.

(I hope this hasn't been covered by the video. I can't watch it atm.)

#14 petite, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  15. D_Pomeroy Pokingstick

D_Pomeroy Pokingstick Account Disabled

This explains sooo much! :grinning-smiley-003

16. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Good to know indeed! You may be right about the source of the milk but I was thinking of cow and human milk. Dairy milk is perfectly nice and according to you, breast milk is tasty so I just assumed that all milk is fine. Excuse my assumption. :smile: I've never tried anything other than plain old dairy milk and some soy milk. Both were drinkable in my opinion. The soy milk was different but nice. I know that genuine vanilla ice-cream (rather than the substitute vanilla flavouring) is vastly superior. Based on that, I think what makes good ice-cream is the technique used to make it and the stronger flavourings and ingredients. The milk is a fundamental ingredient but not necessarily the most important. I would think that breast milk would still be packed with goodness after pasteurisation (< note the British spelling :biggrin1:) and that article you read seems to concur with that idea.

17. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Oh, I see what you mean. It's really similar to cow's milk IMO. I think my breast milk tastes like cow's milk with sugar in it. I've never tasted anyone else's, but I doubt the flavor is much different. That's the best description I can give. I was in chat and the subject of the flavor of breast milk came up a few weeks ago and one guy literally said that he thought it tasted like melted ice cream! So when I saw this article, I thought, how apropos.

Yes, I found an article about scientists at UC Berkeley trying to discover if it's possible to preserve the antibodies in breast milk during pasteurization and they found that flash pasteurization preserves most of them. The BBC article doesn't say if the ice cream company uses flash pasteurization, but I believe it's the most popular method used nowadays anyway because it's supposed to produce better tasting milk, so more than likely they do.

Thank goodness for spell check, because I don't think I spelled pasteurization the same way twice in this entire post! I must have an American spell check program. :biggrin1:

18. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

If your avatar's any indication, I'll bet any of the 100% hetero guys here'd love to lick that 3.5% milk off of you given the chance, including ME.:naughty:

19. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If it is slightly sweeter then it sounds ideal for ice cream! Extra sweetness without the need to add sugar to the mix. The more I think about it, the more sense the 'boob ice-cream' seems to make!

That's very interesting. Isn't science and nature wonderful! Produces yummy milk and preserves the goodness - excellent.

"I must have an American spell check program." - In your head? That's where I keep mine! I find too many Americanisms and 'z's slip in otherwise. Although, I am ashamed to admit that in one of my blogs, I spelt apologise with a 'z'! :biggrin1:

#19 ManofThunder, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  20. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    If breast milk had to be pasteurized, breasrfeeded babies would be sick, and they arent

Also you dnt need butter fat for great ice cream, my grand dad used to make ice cream the old way, no fridge, just pieces of dry ice and salt to create cold, and it tasted much softer than any mass produced ice cream.

I dnt drink milk, im a yogurt/cheese eater :biggrin1:

It does matter where the milk comes from, human breast milk its much better than any other because itd designed to be consumed by humans, so the body would process it much better than milk from another animal, i was reading that in eggs, if u do it right the quality of the protein doesnt decrease, the same would be for milk

Draft saved Draft deleted