The Barbie Channel???

WTF?

The Mattel Barbie Channel is now on 651.

"Check out the new Barbie Channel! You can hang out with Barbie and her friends!"

I press it:

"Accessing Barbie Channel..... Please Wait"

Appears a hot pink background showing a cartoon still of Barbie™ and her multiracial friends each about a size 0 carrying lots of shopping bags walking away from a shopping counter. Now I know Barbie™ has always been a material girl, but wait! There's still more! There following:

Barbie™

Press Select to watch cool bonus videos and more!

Then in little ovals:

Cool Videos
Movie Trailers
Barbie™Talk
Barbie™Messages
Parents

Press A for a welcome message from Barbie™!

Being the masochist I am, I decide I want to hear Barbie™ welcome me.

Here Barbie™ herself warns me about her latest movie, her upcoming movie, and assures me how funny the blooper reels will be when I watch them.

They are not.

Barbie™ Messages turns out to be three TV commercials for Barbie™ merchandise such as, Cut & Style Rapunzel, a doll whose hair you can cut off so you can buy replacement hair; World of Peek-a-Boo, a vast collection of wearable mini dolls which actually could have some serious fad appeal among the raver set; and the stirring, Barbie™ Anthem where moms talk about the joy of sharing with their daughters how their rampant poor self-images are succored by materialist consumerism.

The Parents Section has just one function and one button. As it pre-loads your email address, it informs you that you can get special offers on Barbie™ products from Mattel. Press, 'Submit', to verify.

This is just....... :sigh:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She does some great routines with a glass dildo on cam between midnight and one a.m., though.

Mind you, so does Ken, from two a.m. thru four a.m. daily. :rolleyes:

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

My God when I was little I'd have LOVED this!!!!

'The Barbie Channel!!!!!!' WOOHOOO!!!

You may not like it Jason but u are fighting the fact there that about 80-90% of young girls worldwide aged 12 and under want to be Barbie!!!

After all....Barbie is HOT!!!!! LOL!!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
She does some great routines with a glass dildo on cam between midnight and one a.m., though.

Mind you, so does Ken, from two a.m. thru four a.m. daily. :rolleyes:

Is that Central European time? I'll check out Ken.

I was so happy when it turned out my daughter was indifferent to Barbie, no matter how hard her aunts tried to get her into it. She had 5 Barbies, a Barbie house and a Barbie motorhome. The Barbies stayed in the bottom of the toy box and the stuffed animals and Lego people rode around in the motorhome LOL.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never really understood the whole Barbie thing. My mother made my brother and I entertain a visiting cousin and play Barbies with her. After ocean disaster Barbie in our pool, we played House fire Barbie. After the Barbie perished we were never forced to play with dolls again.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the best barbies are modified into circus freaks with a little glue and a hack saw. horrible dolls to give little girls. the main reason paris hilton ever made it the cover of magazine.

give your daughters something a bit more soul inspiring to play with. chem sets, art supplies, classes in something. stop programing women to chase unrealistic body images and kept women lifestyles.

ML

my gran stopped giving me barbie dolls after the barbie/skipper parasitic twin incident.

the barbie channel sounds like infomercial loop. block the channel pdq.

Last edited:

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The thing is when I was little none of us actually GOT Barbie's until we BEGGED for them/saved up our pocket money. Point is they were't just thrust upon us...

I think my Mum for one always thought that Barbie looked like a 'bit of a tart' (in London speak) BUT it was us little girls who WANTED them.

Its natural for girls to want to be like Barbie she is pretty and glamourous and has a glamour model type body taken to extremes and to top it all off lives in a fantasy world where you acn have ANYTHING!!!

That she is not a healthy example for young girls (figurewise) is a no brainer....

That little girls are going to want her and to emulate her is also a no brainer.........

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i wanted to be Lady J (GI Joe) when i was a wee mickeylee. or Dana Sterling from Robotech. Barbie with her deformed feet and accessorized ambitions were not something i would ever want to emulate.

in the southern states little girls are swaddled in frills and frailty from birth. barbie is an institution down there. same same with beauty pageants, coming out parties and higher eduction just to mingle with future husbands. *grumble*

barbie stood for everything i hated about being a girl. so yes, i am touch bitter at the lil plastic blond floozy.

ML

i feel the need to easy bake cremate something.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
in the southern states little girls are swaddled in frills and frailty from birth. barbie is an institution down there. same same with beauty pageants, coming out parties and higher eduction just to mingle with future husbands. *grumble*

Yeah I'll admit if I had a girl and she wanted Barbie she'd get one...she could have GIJOE instead if she wanted....LOL!!

I dnt have a girl I have a boy....

Anyway I just wanted to say about the whole children beauty paegent thing.....FREAKS ME OUT a bit!!!

I'm not mad on the idea of beauty contests on the whole but for little girls it just seems plain weird...and they do seem to go in for it in a big way in the States and what is it with dressing girls up precociously and smothering them in makeup???????

Just seems WRONG to me on quite a few levels........

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
kiddie pimp pageants are training grounds for the horrible amount of make up and hair care product they'll wear in adulthood. big hair has never gone out of style in some parts of america.

seriously "higher the hair, closer to jesus" is a bumper sticker and a lifestyle.

ML

Oh wait. I've found a Barbie I like!

barbie-birds.jpg