The Bashful Locker Room Male

D

deleted5506741

ive never been to a gym with open shower design. I always wondered: where do you keep your stuff (towel, soap, keys to locker) ?? would it be easy for someone to just grab your keys and take stuff out of your locker (wallet)??
at each end of the showers - in one swimming pool pulling out the dividers was their solution to "inappropriate behaviour". They could have simply installed shower curtains lol

jakeh1234321

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What do you all think the point of this is with the curtains? Anyone else seeing stuff like this since covid in their gym showers? Does this means the shower stall is sanitized cleaned and a released curtain means it needs to be sanitized again? Or are they meant to stay open?

What do you think? And what would you do? Just leave the curtain as is and shower more in the open air? Or close the curtain to shower?

Attachments

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What do you all think the point of this is with the curtains? Anyone else seeing stuff like this since covid in their gym showers? Does this means the shower stall is sanitized cleaned and a released curtain means it needs to be sanitized again? Or are they meant to stay open?

What do you think? And what would you do? Just leave the curtain as is and shower more in the open air? Or close the curtain to shower?
I think it means the shower has been cleaned.

Reactions: Alex Sommers

Tommypa94303

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I prefer the open shower for the same reason -gross shower curtains. If I have to use one for lack of an open head, I’ll switch when one becomes open. Often times guys will follow the Bro code like at a urinal, and leave an open head. I’d rather be near a showering guy that touch a nasty curtain

A

AnthonyAdkins

My only issue with the shower curtains is for some reason the ones at ours keep swinging in on me whilst I’m in there making the shower like half the size and sticking to me; when I try to push it out it just blows back in

The worst problem I've ever had to deal with in the locker room are the weirdos who camp out in there for hours (never exercise) and ogle every guy that walks by who isn't over 60, or try to get inappropriately and unnecessarily close to other guys while naked or changing (I hoofed one old fat disgusting fuck in the steam room for doing this a couple of years ago). I once saw a fight break out in the open shower between 2 guys. They were both being dicks TBH. Other than that, it's pretty vanilla in my locker room.

I don't know where my post went from the other day. It really irks me when I take the time to type out a post and it's deleted for no good reason. Anyways, for those who asked what the fight was about, here is the link to what happened in one of my groups: https://www.lpsg.com/groupdiscussions/fight-in-the-open-shower-locker-room.239121/discussion

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Marco86

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Anyone else tired of the shower curtain discussions? Rather revert to the topics of (young) jacked guys who go out of their way to hide under a towel when getting changed, and how refreshing it is to see a young (under 35) guy just drop. his briefs and get changed without being so fucking shy/modest. Especially when he has a hot set of abs, nice ass or big dick.

Clean Cut and Hung

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone else tired of the shower curtain discussions? Rather revert to the topics of (young) jacked guys who go out of their way to hide under a towel when getting changed, and how refreshing it is to see a young (under 35) guy just drop. his briefs and get changed without being so fucking shy/modest. Especially when he has a hot set of abs, nice ass or big dick.

Posters are probably going a bit off topic because many gyms’ showers are closed due to the pandemic and there are fewer new stories to write about. Hang in there.

The showers at my gym are closed. I haven’t even seen a guy changing in the locker room. Most just put their bag and jacket in the locker, lock it up and head to the gym floor. Attendance at the gym is really low also. Guys used to work out before heading to work and would shower; work out during lunch and would shower before heading back to work; and work out after work with many showering but also some just heading out in gym clothes. Until people get back to working from offices the locker rooms are going to be dead. There’s just little need to change and shower.

It will be interesting if generationally the pendulum swings. For example, will Gen Z guys or the next generation realize that it’s ok to be naked around other guys? I can’t imagine the puritanical ways lasting forever.

Reactions: Marco86

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I live far outside of metropolitan areas -- pretty much a dying small town in the rust belt. Our gyms and showers are open, but those coming in are far less. And some of those who do aren't showering -- even though the gym showers are rarely even at 50% capacity -- usually about 25% if that.

But due to Covid, I'm working more days at home. Being that my regular gym is in a neighboring small town -- a good 30 miles away, I'm not getting into the gym as much. In the Summer I was running outside, but now that it's Fall -- I'm trying to get to a local gym on the days I work from home. The gym I usually attend has been around for years and has many amenities. A lot of members know each other -- membership ranges from high school kids to those in their 80s. The majority of members do NOT shower, but those who do are typically friendlier than the rest. Of those who shower, only a minority will undress/dress under a towel -- and it's mostly guys in their 20s.

So the local gym is one of those franchise gyms with a lot of purple. The members don't seem as friendly (I've only been there a handful of times, but the members seem much more distant than my regular gym). The last time I was there, I saw a couple of guys in their 30s use the showers (they are very private and cavernous), and one came out wearing his underwear -- another slipped them on underneath his towel while sitting on the bench). One stocky guy in his 60s came from the shower completely naked. I wore underwear into shower, but dressed at my locker. Was probably seen by the guy who dressed under his towel, but it's not a big concern of mine.

Today all of the other showers were taken when I was in mine. After I left, I saw another guy around my age (50s), freshly-showered at his locker in his underwear. I would guess that he didn't dress under a towel, but that's only a guess. An older dude -- 70s -- undressed to underwear. When he came from showers, he grabbed some stuff from his locker and disappeared -- later coming back half-dressed. I'm guessing he got dressed in a restroom stall. That was surprising because of all the guys there -- he was the one I'd least expect to be concerned -- and the last one anyone would care to see naked. Then a dude probably a little younger than me with a shaved head and a year-round tan came from the showers in a towel. He didn't look like the type that would give a shit, but he turned to face in my direction and hiked up his underwear beneath his towel. That may be his regular mode of operation -- or maybe it was because of the new guy (me). All of this was seen with my peripheral vision -- I made sure not to turn my head in any one direction while dressing. No one said a peep to each other -- and I have to assume that there is just a lot of distrust among members. Some of it may be due to not wanting to be recorded (everyone knows it's a possibility) or maybe they really just don't want to be seen naked by anyone else -- particularly strangers. I'd go to a different gym if there were any nearby open before work.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Recently I did something I haven't done since the 90s -- just before quitting my gym routine for 13-14 years. I've started taking a spin class (that's not something I did in the 90s), and am absolutely drenched afterward. My regular gym has spin classes at inconvenient hours, so I decided to try the early bird class at a different gym. The showers at this gym, though, don't have any places to lay your underwear if you take them at the showers. I've seen some guy go into the stall, close the curtain -- and then hang their underwear (and towel!) over the shower rod. No thank you -- those things are freaking filthy!).

Since I use a gym towel more than once before I wash it -- I didn't want to wrap it around my sweaty body --- so I just held it in front of my junk -- and walked naked to the showers. No one was in the LR and two guys were already in the showers with the curtains closed -- so it wasn't a big deal to me. I caught sight of myself in one of the mirrors and though I looked pretty good.