The Best Compliment You Have Ever Got...

~quicksilver~

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You know when someone gives you a genuine, lovely compliment that makes you feel absolutely amazing? When they are not trying to flatter you or get in your pants but actually just want to give you a heartfelt sign of their appreciation of you as a person...

I always remember these and when I am feeling down I just think of some of them and it lifts my mood. So people, lets share! What are the things that someone else said that blew you away!

I have two that come readily to mind:

a) I was having a fling with classmate in college and we were relaxing in bed, I went across the room to get some water and came back and he looked at me and said

"I love the way you move. It's so beautiful. You move like the sea"

b) My first boyfriend was a quite experienced older man and we were lying in bed naked and he looked at me and said

"You are the only person I have ever been with who looks better with their clothes off than on..."

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The 14 year old daughter of a friend of mine once told her mother that she thought I was the only person she had ever met who did not have the slightest trace of envy or greed, or jealousy in them.

While I doubt that is actually true... it was the nicest compliment I have ever gotten.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Years ago I directed plays. I prided myself on the movement of actors as something very much "me" and special. When people enjoyed the shows they would often say, I loved the play, and the movement was really beautiful." I think I never felt so proud. The product represented the best in me. It was honest and unique. I don't do this work anymore because I needed a life outside theatre and to fall in love. Yet, people that saw these plays show a kind of faith and respect in me. It feels good. My partner, who I love so much, never saw these shows. I feel he missed getting to meet my children on some crazy level. But when someone said that about my shows. It was like it proved myself worthy of living. Felt good. :)

fivesalive

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'd say the best recently was at a concert... some random girl just ran up behind me, tapped my shoulder, kissed me on the cheek and ran away. no words needed. i probably should have chased her down...

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quicksilver - those are lovely compliments. I hope you remember them well. .I suppose the best comliments I have received have beeen a woman i am in love with completely sated, lying in my arms with her head on my chest and her hands around my waist, speechless.
Having been complimented from the time of birth for physical attributes or personality I recoil upon heaing such things given sub zero self esteem. The highest compliment I could receive or give is sincerely knowing, accepting and loving a person for who they are.
I'm sorry. I mean - the best comliment I have ever gotten is...how brilliant I am. lol!

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i always get complimented that i have great hair and sexy feet... so random, LOL. oh and for some reason people love the way i laugh too. i personally think my laugh is loud and obnoxious, but whatever it's cool.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
For me, lately I'm getting a lot of compliments that I'm cute. One coming from a drunk woman at a wine bar. I was working at this shopping center, right next to the wine bar. She was sitting at the patio, downing a glass, and decided to shout at me while I was working.:redface:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"You're so fit."
"You're so f'in fit. I just wanna take you home and fuck you."

*sigh*

Memories (both from a Christmas Day gone by).

I've been called cute, pretty, also but I liked the above compliments better because they were said by a very beautiful person :smile:

With a potty mouth :tongue:

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
On weekends, I sit with cancer patients that do not have families or many visitors. I hate to think of people dying alone with out any human contact there. Anyway a few Saturdays ago, a woman told me that "love for mankind radiates from me like a beacon" I think that was the best thing anyone could say to me.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Anyone can volunteer, you just need to contact your local hospital, tell them you would like to sit with or visit the critically ill or dying oncology patients that do not seem to have any family. It breaks my heart to think of people dying alone, with no one around or seeming to care.