The best music comes from England.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We ( the U.S.) started rock n roll. We started punk. We started new wave.

But they made it better.

Rock n roll- The Beatles and Led Zeppelin

Punk- The Sex Pistols & the Clash

(and the U.K. gave us the punk look)

New Wave- The Smiths and The Cure

ok...here I go again creating contoversy and debate . Get your flame throwers ready.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you're talking classical music, Henry Purcell is one of the all-time g8s.
Up with Bach and Mozart.

I am not into classical, but I can appreciate most types of music except Country.

p.s. Why are you typing so small and in grey (people say that all caps is yelling, and it looks like you are whispering) :wink:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We ( the U.S.) started rock n roll. We started punk. We started new wave.

But they made it better.

Rock n roll- The Beatles and Led Zeppelin

Punk- The Sex Pistols & the Clash

(and the U.K. gave us the punk look)

New Wave- The Smith and The Cure

ok...here I go again creating contoversy and debate . Get your flame throwers ready.

I feel like all of them are overrated.

My favorite musicians/composers/singers come from the USA, Germany, Japan, Austria, The Netherlands...
There aren't any Brit performers in heavy rotation on my stereo at all.
I like The Cure but I don't listen to them that much.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do you think The Beatles are overrated?
I mean, it would be hard for them not to be.
But I still probably place them at the top, myself.

yes, I feel they are extremely overrated. Even if I liked them, as you said, it would be difficult to argue that they weren't overrated. So many consider them the greatest group of all time.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't forget them, but I still prefer Purcell.
For me, the closest approach to him, among Brit composers, is Benjamin Britten.

Fair enough. Although I wasn't thinking you had forgotten them, because I didn't put that much thought into it--I simply wanted to mention them because I like their music. :smile:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel like all of them are overrated.

My favorite musicians/composers/singers come from the USA, Germany, Japan, Austria, The Netherlands...
There aren't any Brit performers in heavy rotation on my stereo at all.
I like The Cure but I don't listen to them that much.

My Ipod is probably 90 British music. I don't even know any bands or music from the other coutries you mentioned besides the USA. Except for Bjork/The Sugarcubes from Iceland,and a few bands from Australia.

The Beatles are thought to be the greatest band ever, by fans and critics alike. They influenced almost every great band today.
Led Zeppelin was an amazing band that used incredible styles of music in their songs. From Orchestral to Moroccan sounding to Jamaican rythms. I loved them even before I was into rock.
The Sex Pistols are a little bit overrated. They were put together by producer Malcolm McLaren. Sid vicious was picked for his look, he could not play too well.
The Clash were excellent and also were also influenced by many different kinds of music.
The Smiths and the Cure are legendary.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yes, I feel they are extremely overrated. Even if I liked them, as you said, it would be difficult to argue that they weren't overrated. So many consider them the greatest group of all time.

I'm not even a huge fan of theirs, I only own one CD. But I understand their importance in rock history.
You can't disregard that the Lennon/McCartney team wrote some of the best songs ever.

Yesterday,
All you need is Love
Come Together
Get Back
Got to get you into my life
Here Coems the sun
Hey jude
A day in the life
Let it be
Strawberry fields forever

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My Ipod is probably 90 British music. I don't even know any bands or music from the other coutries you mentioned besides the USA. Except for Bjork/The Sugarcubes from Iceland,and a few bands from Australia.

The Beatles are thought to be the greatest band ever, by fans and critics alike. They influenced almost every great band today.
Led Zeppelin was an amazing band that used incredible styles of music in their songs. From Orchestral to Moroccan sounding to Jamaican rythms. I loved them even before I was into rock.
The Sex Pistols are a little bit overrated. They were put together by producer Malcolm McLaren. Sid vicious was picked for his look, he could not play too well.
The Clash were excellent and also were also influenced by many different kinds of music.
The Smiths and the Cure are legendary.

A fair assessment.

I still think those boys are overrated. I could list just as many or more American musicians who are equally as well known and respected. Except for maybe the Beatles, they might have no equivalent. Personally, I just don't like them.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not even a huge fan of theirs, I only own one CD. But I understand their importance in rock history.
You can't disregard that the Lennon/McCartney team wrote some of the best songs ever.

Yesterday,
All you need is Love
Come Together
Get Back
Got to get you into my life
Here Coems the sun
Hey jude
A day in the life
Let it be
Strawberry fields forever

They certainly wrote some of the most popular songs ever.