The best place in the world to live?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It is being repeated again and again that The US is the best place in the world to live. The assertion does not appear to be supported by the "facts".

I have had a quick look through some quality of life indices, and I can't find one that puts the US in the No.1 spot. This site had the US in top spot for 21 years, Quality Of Life , but no more, and you may be interested that one of their reasons for putting the US down the list is the erosion of personal liberty. Also other countries have improved. So the US is down to 6th.

The Economist http://www.economist.com/media/pdf/QUALITY_OF_LIFE.pdf , has dropped the US 11 places to No.13, and I have seen others that are based more on overall social quality that have the US as low as 22nd.

I am not having a go at the US, it's obviously still a great place to live, (especially for a patriotic American :smile:) but it is worth some introspection as to why it is falling down these lists.

My personal interest in these things is that I may well move completely in a couple of years and I am looking around at where to go.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
guess if someone asked me where i would like to live, and money would not be an issue, it would be spain or australia. i want someplace warm weather wise, and without a dickhead government.

D

deleted136887

Currently in Singapore, cannot wait to back to Darkest Africa.(Tonite!)

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like my life here and yes, it is a bit stressful when you factor in the current administration (life was at it's best during the Reagan and Clinton Administrations), but I can't think of living in any other place except maybe the Bahamas. Even at that, I would miss our lovely house in the woods with all the children and Microsoft down the road.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is well known that I live in the best place in the world

There are trees, birds, squirrels, other wildlife creatures, roads with mild traffic and public transit and stores of all kinds and people and places to relax and a river to walk along side of and parks and every thing that I actually need

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The last time I responded to a question like this...Why is the US going to hell in a hand bag...I got so much hate mail and was accused ( oh never mind I don't want to stir this up again)
My vote is Spain! If we can straigten out the mess that is the US goverment...I'll say Hawaii!

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The last time I responded to a question like this...Why is the US going to hell in a hand bag...I got so much hate mail and was accused ( oh never mind I don't want to stir this up again)
My vote is Spain! If we can straigten out the mess that is the US goverment...I'll say Hawaii!

If it will make you feel better I can PM you a Don Rickles insult laden tirade?:biggrin1:

charlypan47

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you should try Panama, its a tropical country, with beautiful beaches and a stabil government, we use the dollar.

pfisherking

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
People vote with their feet. The U.S. has a line out the front door, the back door and the windows too.
Real or not, it is perceived world wide as the best place to live by immigration

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Real or not, it is perceived world wide as the best place to live by immigration

For broke-ass third world citizens of dictatorships and banana repubics, maybe. For educated, well to do folks already living in first world nations, I'd be surprised to find that perception being pervasive at all.

Absent any consideration of quality, pure quantity itself is meaningless.

Bajan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I vote for Barbados, good economy, easy to get to other places, nice weather, nice beaches and plenty big dicks and guys willing to play!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was going to say Bora Bora, but paradise is only paradise for a week then it becomes Bore-a Bore-a.

So I will say- anywhere my good friends are is the best place to live.

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am from Newcastle in the UK, but now live in Tenerife.
I have lived here for 3 years now and just love it so much!:laola:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Davenport, Iowa is the best place to live. It's affordable. It's liberal (believe it or not). There's a gay rights ordinance. People are friendly. There are four seasons. The Mississippi Valley is beautiful... the hills, the woods, the eagles hunting on the river... The gay community is tight-knit and friendly. It is the birthplace of Chiropractic medicine so Palmer College, founded by the doctor who invented Chiropractic medicine is there. You can get an adjustment for just $5. Lots of holistic medicine is there. It's only 3.5 hours away from Chicago if you want to go to a very big city for something different.

jcjb2002

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think we have many options in the USA. Other countries have better health care, maybe their currency is more valued.. but we have many options. You can love the rain in Seattle.. the Hollywood life in Cali.. come to Texas for Country and Hispanic culture.. Creole in New Orleans.. farm the midwest.. ski and then swim in many resorts... and New York City.. Miami.. on and on..

Options, people, opportunity..