The big ''What is your IQ topic''

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If you've seen the documentary, Beautiful Minds, it really calls into question the concept of an IQ. The film investigates the lives of independent functioning adults with autism whose brains work at levels and in ways the rest of us cannot comprehend. My favorite is the woman who is the world's foremost expert on animal husbandry. She lectures for 90 minutes without losing focus or taking a break. She also seems to think like the cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, etc., from their point of view. She's remarkably self-aware, but didn't realize that humans usually give off visual facial cues until she read a book about it one day. She still can't pick up on the visual facial cues. They are just not part of her world. But she's aware the rest of us use them. And she's smart enough to come in out of the rain.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I had one of those stupid tests done on me years ago....not sure the exact number, but I know it was pretty well over 150. Being smart is not necessicarily a good thing. It kept me in trouble in school all the time.

Epicfailguy

Experimental Member
Media
Netherlands,dutchmansland,holland (and all other v
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
the reason i was interested is that i wanna go to uni in a few years
and i wonder if i'm fit enough
but the guy that teacher me dutch had two freaking doctors titles and cant explain the matter for s*it
so idd i think that hard workers with a lower IQ would do better then average workers with a high IQ ;)

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No, Vince.
I'd give you another 37 points.

Gee thanks... you are too kind. ;)

My little brother was tested at an IQ of 50 something when he was in eighth grade. He has a PhD in Mathematics from an American University and is a senior cryptographer working in Canada's communications security establishment. Total brainiac. Can't boil water to make a cup tea.

He's a real ladies man and has the gift of the gab, yet can't handle any kind of long or even medium term relationships. He's intelligent and smart, but he's only semi-functional socially.

I don't think IQ testing is a good measure of intelligence. I'm not much of a fan of testing in general. I'd rather judge a person's worth or potential by hearing what they have to say and by seeing what they actually do.

Epicfailguy

Experimental Member
Media
Netherlands,dutchmansland,holland (and all other v
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gee thanks... you are too kind. ;)

My little brother was tested at an IQ of 50 something when he was in eighth grade. He has a PhD in Mathematics from an American University and is a senior cryptographer working in Canada's communications security establishment. Total brainiac. Can't boil water to make a cup tea.

He's a real ladies man and has the gift of the gab, yet can't handle any kind of long or even medium term relationships. He's intelligent and smart, but he's only semi-functional socially.

I don't think IQ testing is a good measure of intelligence. I'm not much of a fan of testing in general. I'd rather judge a person's worth or potential by hearing what they have to say and by seeing what they actually do.

yeah,i agree

i had a discussion with a friend about IQ,
and i said its kinda relative
my eventual goal is to be rich(i know there is more then material things in the world but it DOES make life easier right?:)

but lets say for shits and giggles i were to join mensa,what would you have achieved next to being in the ''realy realy smart club''
you build a career on social skills and tactics
its sad but true D:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The Mensa people I've met seem to spend a lot of energy being impressed with themselves.

i don't believe anyone who says anything over 180. do you know how rare that is?

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it telling that I have problems spelling the word "genius"?

I think it is.

Anyway, I'm a moron. I can barely remember my own phone number, let alone some randomly arbitrary number whose significance is at best obscure. That said, I've been tested 3 times, and each time the number was different. Was the difference mathematically significant? I dunno. 2 plus 2 is twenty-two, right?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Legend has it Calboner's IQ is so high the FBI has saved some of his DNA in case of mass destruction so he can be cloned for repopulation.

Legend has it Calboner's IQ is so high the FBI has saved some of his DNA in case of mass destruction so he can be cloned for repopulation.

*snorts* hhheeeyeaaaaahhhh...:wink::rolleyes:

at least we know men in this dystopian future will all have great big wangs.:biggrin1: