The big ''What is your IQ topic''

busymantm

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
LOL...I really liked Jason's comments and it was my experience as well. I scored a 154 averaged over three tests, which means I'm good at puzzles and IQ tests. Much like penis size, once you're a bit over the average, more doesn't gain you much.

If you get a chance, read Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers. There is a chapter about how a professor traced the lives of 40 'genius' students and how their lives turned out.

Greg

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't know/remember. If I had to guess I'd say between 123-130. On most standardized tests like the SAT, GRE, MAT I score in the 98th or 99th percentile. I've known people who are brilliant and I'm certainly not. I am smart enough and determined enough to attained the rank of full professor and have a Ph.D from an Ivy League university.
Dave

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am always been of the sort who believes that the IQ tests really just show how well you take tests. I have scored in the genius range (over 3 standard deviations about the IQ mean, which puts me in .5% of the highest IQs in the world) but there is no way I am among the .5% of the smartest people in the world.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wonder what Sarah Palin's IQ might be? Just wondering. Is it a requirement to take an IQ test to have a Face Book page? I'm only asking again because I've been too disinterested in Face Book and Twitter to bother investigating. I guess that makes me real dumb. Which reminds me, that's what I like: I like 'em big and stupid (sometimes).

D_Dick_LeCoque

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Mensa people I've met seem to spend a lot of energy being impressed with themselves.
I've noticed that as well.

the reason i was interested is that i wanna go to uni in a few years
and i wonder if i'm fit enough but the guy that teacher me dutch had two freaking doctors titles and cant explain the matter for s*it so idd i think that hard workers with a lower IQ would do better then average workers with a high IQ ;)[/QUOTE] All things considered, IQ has no bearing on success in college. Obviously if your IQ is that of a moron or below it will be pretty much impossible. However, even the slowest of American high school students seem able to get at least a junior college, (2 yr.) degree these days. :irked:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

No, you're what people call Scottish.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Why do I find this topic so unseemly? Why do I have the impression that most of the members claiming ginourmous phallic endowments on this site do so in inverse proportion to the amount of, and nearly always in the complete absence of, any substantial proof? Why does it seem that their claims and the need to publicize them increase in direct proportion to the size claimed? Here I see some that are one and the same. Lucky them, I guess. How is it possible that so many of the unsubstantiated measures of intelligence and endowments claimed on this site reside overwhelmingly within the tiniest fraction of the highest possible percentile? Could there be some connection here? Is this not curious, or am I just stoopid?

It brings to mind the story I was told by a little boy, who was paraded in front of his 3rd grade class for his high scores on one of these tests, as if he had achieved something. It was mortifying for him, I am told, as he was smart enough to realize how inappropriate this was. Ever since then, he tells me, he is of the mind that an I.Q. score is not an appropriate measure of the range of someone's intelligence, certainly no measure of a person's worth. Nor, he tells me, is it an appropriate subject for public discussion

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
"Iowa Test of Educational Development (ITED): 99th percentile never have figured out what that meant." - Speedo Mike

I think you have. Thanks for helping me make my point.

Last edited: