The Biggest Loser............

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HellsKitchenmanNYC, Dec 13, 2008.

1. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    ........Man I love this show. Every season I get so into the peoples lives and struggles. I REALLY identify w/wanting to change something in yr life so much. I wish I could go on a show like this for us ectos.
    Is anyone else watching? I'm kinda mixed on who's gonna win this year It's either Michelle or Heba I think. last yr the woman that won was awesome she lost sooooooooooooooo much weight and looked great on the finale. The only thing that bugs me about the show is that they always make the men take off their shirts for the weigh-ins. It kinda grosses me out watching their man boobs hanging lower and lower each week and all those stretch marks. Ack. Yet still I applaud them every week for staying on track. For me the show is very emotional and I get caught up in it so much that almost every week I tear up during the weigh-ins.
    So anyone else watching?

2. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow 38 hits on this thread and no responses. I guess no on else is watching?

3. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    My boyfriend and I watch it, Hells.

I'd love to see Michelle win. I totally hate Vicky. I wish she would have been voted out when they had their chance but they didn't.

But, to be honest, of all the seasons this show has been on, it's the first time I'm not really getting into it. With all the negativity that Vicky produced each week, it's hard to sit there and watch.

Sklar

4. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hear that! It's was messy w/her and the other gal that got voted off. She's mean and she's driven!

5. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I cast my vote by phone for Heba but that's a given as her husband practically asked for folks not to bote for him.

6. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really liked the al that won last season. She so totally desrved it.

7. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

What's an ectos?

I like the show, but I feel that 2 hours is too long and it should be cut down to one hour. Many times I get bored and have it on tape and fast forward to the good parts.

8. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ectos is ectomorph like my body type. Hard to GAIN. I def don't get bored wthe two hours.

9. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok the finale just came on....tnite we find out!

10. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
  11. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

The show was good, I was happy with who won.

The next season preview looks very good.

12. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

LOL, ecto here!

13. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes Peaceful we need a show like that for us too! Mem I'm glad Michelle won. I'm trying to get a pal of mine who is morbidly obese to try to get on the next season. Of course I was suggesting this as he was on his 2nd piece of pizza after a Cuban sandwich! Argghhh!

14. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    I loved Michele and Renee.

Heba and Vicki annoyed the shit out of me....
    I'm respectful of Heba for her success, but I'm still a bit miffed that she went home with the 100K.

15. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
  16. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I used to have a crush on Alison Sweeney...before she got all fat.

17. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    She was pregnant!

18. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:

I ALMOST died when Heba walked out on the finale!!!! This is the first season I can remember where all the past contestants came back and they all looked so amazing! Heba, despite the fact that alot of people didn't like her looked AMAZING as did her husband. Damn !
    i think there should be a letter campaign that next season Bob harper needs to have a shirtless scene each week!

19. earllogjam

Gold Member

Personally the show bothers me.

There is a basic premis to the show that all your problems in life and misery comes from the fact that you are fat. And that if you loose your fat all your problems will disappear and life will be rosy and become as carefree like all thin people. Many times your obesity is an outward sign of mental problems or suffering.

I think that loosing drastic amounts of weight in a short period of time in unhealthy no matter what a "doctor" says. And I have a sneaking suspicion that most of these contestants blow up fatter than before after they finish the show.

I don't think one's life and body should be entertainment and an experiment for a game show IMO.

20. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I doubt that is the premise to the show! At leeast the season I've watched. Some of the people on the show have expressed those concerns but if you've watched over most seasons alot of people want to get fit and healthy b/c they want to be there for their kids and live longer and not pass on bad habits to their kids. They need to learn how and finding an audition for the show is a life-saver for someone who has to figure it out. I doubt ANYONE whose ever been on the show thinks all their problems will disapear from losing weight. Most of the people have said the opposite of yr claim as their weight gain (which might have come from something else) caused their depression and eating and depressioon and eating and started the cycle they could not get out of.
    As we mentioned Heba and her husband wanted to lose so they could have kids and get healthy. They are on the ranch for 3 onths and then 3 months on their own till the finale episode. During the ranch time they work out way more than is shown on the show and learn good eating habite. SOme weeks some of them even GAIN weight at the weigh-ins.

I don't think peoples problems should be others entertainmen either...but if viewing a process that people go thru can inspire ther people to do the same thing (visit the website) than it's a good thing. They usually have lots of past seasons contestants come back and check in on how they are doing too. They're given invaluable tools duriing their time on the ranch. It's up to them to bring them to real life.

Draft saved Draft deleted