The Bitch is Back

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
According to this article, Ann Coulter referred to John Edwards as a "faggot". She now says it was a joke but I wonder if she really believes all this drivel she spouts or if she's the biggest attention whore in politics. No reason she can't be both, I suppose. Either way, she is a vile creature.

Controversial columnist draws fire for gay slur.

FrenumFellow

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I suspect Coulter's bile comes from some deep-seated sexual issues of her own. Like a lot of extremist idealogues, I think that some hypocrisy or pathology underlies her facade of righteousness.

She's been accused of being a transsexual because of her oddly masculine features, and while that seems a stretch, it could hint at some underlying truth. She might well have genetic or hormonal problems. And she apparently has no known history of relationships with men, which fits with a theory of some abnormality.

Her public persona is ugly, but behind it is probably something rather sad.

FF

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I heard all about it on the radio, she was speaking at a republican rally if I recall correctly, do I agree with what the woMan called him? no I don't, but the way I see it, she has that free speech right to do so, now if Madonna was to say the exact same thing towards any of the republicans, than it would be considered ok to do so because of free speech, so it works both ways.

but I will also say this, she could have chosen her words a bit more wisely than what she had, I also think that what she had to say was a bit on the childish side, but she has that right of free speech though.

now for the record, when I saw the heading "The Bitch is Back" well naturally I thought that you was talking about my ex-wife :eek: , whew, she is the last one I want back :biggrin1:

According to this article, Ann Coulter referred to John Edwards as a "faggot". She now says it was a joke but I wonder if she really believes all this drivel she spouts or if she's the biggest attention whore in politics. No reason she can't be both, I suppose. Either way, she is a vile creature.

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
What you need to understand about MAN Coulter is that she simply does not care ONE BIT who she offends. And as much as I believe in freedom of speech, and her right to say whatever the hell she wants, I also think it's much easier for people like her to call someone a "faggot" and get away with it then if she were to use a racial slur. That makes me incredibly angry.

We should be angry about the fact that it is still somewhat ok for someone to go in front of a ton of people and use the word "faggot" the way she did. I mean, she got tons of laughs out of that audience. Does that tell you anything about the mentality of most republicans towards gays and lesbians?

What's even funnier is that she still gets media attention - the woman is obviously off her rocker.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never cared for her at all. I never cared for John Edwards at all either. Still if she said that she is even more of a skank than before. I no longer have any use for the left or the right. They are all bullshitters:cool:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What you need to understand about MAN Coulter is that she simply does not care ONE BIT who she offends. And as much as I believe in freedom of speech, and her right to say whatever the hell she wants, I also think it's much easier for people like her to call someone a "faggot" and get away with it then if she were to use a racial slur. That makes me incredibly angry.

We should be angry about the fact that it is still somewhat ok for someone to go in front of a ton of people and use the word "faggot" the way she did. I mean, she got tons of laughs out of that audience. Does that tell you anything about the mentality of most republicans towards gays and lesbians?

What's even funnier is that she still gets media attention - the woman is obviously off her rocker.

She thrives on it. She reminds me of a small child who will do anything for attention, be it good or bad. I remember reading an article about her in Time magazine and she claimed people just don't get her sense of humour. Lots of people will fall back on this when they've said something derogatory about someone and asked for an explanation. It serves two purposes 1) it's a chickenshit method for absolving all responsibility for what you say, 2) it's a way to appear "in the know" or more intelligent than others who supposedly don't get it.

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I peer inside her eyes...I see nothing but a soulless void...

Do you think she's related in some way to the Phelps Family?

*recoils*

:wt:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Trying to desperately reinvent herself I suppose ? When she can't get media attention on substance, it's time to pull out extreme measures to even get air time.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

The missus and I were talking about this earlier today, and the one question we both are unable to answer is: Who is this woman?

Seriously. Who is she that anyone bothers to pay the least bit of attention to anything she says or does?

As for the remark she made, I thought it was rather good humor. In bad taste, perhaps, but then again, so is a lot of humorous dialogue. It took a well-placed shot at this culture's rabid, often mindless reaction to any "incident" where anyone might possibly have voiced a remark that runs counter to the current panacea of PC tolerance.

Mind you, I know nothing of this woman, other than that she seems to be a neocon mouthpiece and tends to run off at the mouth. To me, her remark sounds more like the work of a stand-up comic than a political commentator/pundit/analyst/talking head/whatever the fuck she really is professionally (see question at the beginning of post). There's social merit to her remark, tastelessness aside. This is the part of free speech that people don't like to deal with: the expression of opinions that they find offensive. Tough shit. The price you pay to live in a nation that sanctifies this freedom is the responsibility to be adult enough to deal with the inevitable nastiness you'll encounter from others.

Is it nice to call people faggots, especially those whom you don't personally know?
No.

Do people do this anyhow for any variety of reasons?
Sure.

Do you enjoy living in a society where you don't have to fear arrest and prosecution for voicing your own opinions, however ignorant or unpleasant to others they may be?
I do.

Is it really worth getting everyone's panties in bunches over an unkind and inappropriate remark made by one insignificant moron?
You do the math.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She thrives on it. She reminds me of a small child who will do anything for attention, be it good or bad. I remember reading an article about her in Time magazine and she claimed people just don't get her sense of humour. Lots of people will fall back on this when they've said something derogatory about someone and asked for an explanation. It serves two purposes 1) it's a chickenshit method for absolving all responsibility for what you say, 2) it's a way to appear "in the know" or more intelligent than others who supposedly don't get it.

I was going give my thoughts, but you said it perfectly. Thanks.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my opinion the really ugly thing about Ann Coulter is not as much that she says vile things. Lots of people do that. The ugly thing is that she has as big an approving audience as she does and they applaud her.

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
The missus and I were talking about this earlier today, and the one question we both are unable to answer is: Who is this woman?

Seriously. Who is she that anyone bothers to pay the least bit of attention to anything she says or does?

I couldn't agreee with you more, HazelGod. There is no reason whatsoever that she should be getting the attention that she does. The only reason she does is because the media and anyone who hires her knows she will say something outrageously offensive - and they know she'll get press for it.

As for the remark she made, I thought it was rather good humor. In bad taste, perhaps, but then again, so is a lot of humorous dialogue. It took a well-placed shot at this culture's rabid, often mindless reaction to any "incident" where anyone might possibly have voiced a remark that runs counter to the current panacea of PC tolerance.

Um...faggot? We weren't talking about calling someone an "idiot." This was meant as a derogatory remark. Once again, had she called someone a derogatory racial remark, the reaction would have been much more extreme. But like I said before, it's still ok to call people "faggot."

This is the part of free speech that people don't like to deal with: the expression of opinions that they find offensive. Tough shit. The price you pay to live in a nation that sanctifies this freedom is the responsibility to be adult enough to deal with the inevitable nastiness you'll encounter from others.

I understand that there will always be people who use their right to freedom of speech to attack others, regardless of the merit of their arguments. However, that does not mean that these people shouldn't be called out for the charlitans that they are.

Do you enjoy living in a society where you don't have to fear arrest and prosecution for voicing your own opinions, however ignorant or unpleasant to others they may be?
I do.

No one is saying she should be prosecuted or arrested for what she said. I do believe, however, that people deserve to be ridiculed for the bullshit they spew. That't the price we all pay for freedon of speech. You want to spew your bullshit - be my guest. But you had better be prepared for the debate you stir up.

Is it really worth getting everyone's panties in bunches over an unkind and inappropriate remark made by one insignificant moron?
You do the math.

As much of an insignificant moron as she may be, there are an awful lot of people who listen to her, purchase and read her books, and hang on her every word. As much as I believe in our rights and freedoms, I also believe in personal responsibility when it comes to how we treat fellow human beings. When you get up and use words like "faggot" in the context in which she uses it, and then turn around and say you are "joking" when it is quite clear that you are not, you are absolving yourself of the responsibility you have to your fellow man. I know it has become "out of fashion" to believe that people have a responsibility to treat others with respect and dignity, but until someone else can find a way for all of us to get along in this roughly confined space we call Earth with minimal head-butting and nastiness, I will continue to believe so.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

You do the math.

You're right. She can say anything she wants and, in turn, everyone else has the right to question what she says, hence the point of this thread. I was attempting to facilitate a discussion based on her modus operandi. Some conservatives welcome her but some wish she'd turn down the volume. Is she a boon to the conservative party or an embarrassment? Or both? Whatever allure she has resides in that question somewhere.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Miss Bliss,

Fear not . Time wounds all heels and heals all wounds. Her looks wont last and all she will have is her vitriole....

You're right. She can say anything she wants and, in turn, everyone else has the right to question what she says, hence the point of this thread. I was attempting to facilitate a discussion based on her modus operandi. Some conservatives welcome her but some wish she'd turn down the volume. Is she a boon to the conservative party or an embarrassment? Or both? Whatever allure she has resides in that question somewhere.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Bitch can be a great term when applied to strong aggressive women but this thing is no bitch, Anne Cunter is plainly and simply the most degrading thing you can call a woman, A CUNT.

This is the most vile of reptilian repugnicans. I find it hard to think she actually believes the venom she spews forth from her skeletor looking face. I never had much respect for her but then when she released that TRASH Godless and the most hateful and heinous remarks she said about the widows of 9/11 the last shred of her dignity and respect went right out the door.

The good thing is that the sane republicans, precious few as they may be discount her as a lunatic like every other rational person.

If there were such a place as HELL she would be front and center.

She was a big time drug addict when she was in her teens perhaps all the brian cells were fried b/c of this , same with W.

:banana:
HORSE