The Blasphemous Teddy Bear

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You have to respect people's cultures and laws and understand the laws that govern the country you live in ... this means things such as what this woman did are in fact inexcusable, because all it takes is investment. Every country is entitled to its own laws and regulations ...
I'm sorry but I don't think a culture that believes it is ok to stone a woman to death for looking a man in the eye, or punishing a woman either by stoning or beheading for being a victim of rape, or cutting off a woman's hand because she is reading a book is worthy of respect...call me a fool if you must...just don't see it the same as you. They may have their own rules, laws, regulations, or whatever term you want to give them, but I do not have respect for such barbarism.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry but I don't think a culture that believes it is ok to stone a woman to death for looking a man in the eye, or punishing a woman either by stoning or beheading for being a victim of rape, or cutting off a woman's hand because she is reading a book is worthy of respect...call me a fool if you must...just don't see it the same as you. They may have their own rules, laws, regulations, or whatever term you want to give them, but I do not have respect for such barbarism.

Within the last 40 years or so it was have been illegal (and cause for a intmindation, a sound beating, or worse) to be in possession of black skin in the wrong place, and that was in the US. People fought (and still resent) the abolition of that barbarism.rToday, eacism and Gay bashing is still condoned by many either tacitly or actively.

My point is that such things are largely subjective, in terms of both time, and contemporary society's morality. Times change, one can only hope they change in the right direction, and that is down to us (or in this case, them).

You're not a fool, you're just speaking to what you feel is right and just based on your morality and upbringing. But there's no requirement that other cultures share or respect your views in just the same way you don't need to respect theirs. In other words, you are only 'right' because you believe you are right and vice versa.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Within the last 40 years or so it was have been illegal (and cause for a intmindation, a sound beating, or worse) to be in possession of black skin in the wrong place, and that was in the US. People fought (and still resent) the abolition of that barbarism.rToday, eacism and Gay bashing is still condoned by many either tacitly or actively.

My point is that such things are largely subjective, in terms of both time, and contemporary society's morality. Times change, one can only hope they change in the right direction, and that is down to us (or in this case, them).

You're not a fool, you're just speaking to what you feel is right and just based on your morality and upbringing. But there's no requirement that other cultures share or respect your views in just the same way you don't need to respect theirs. In other words, you are only 'right' because you believe you are right and vice versa.
I understand that...it is their culture and belief, I just don't have any respect for it...nor do I have respect for a culture or belief that feels people are not equal based on skin color or sexual preference. It's all a mind set and hopefully this world can change.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand that...it is their culture and belief, I just don't have any respect for it...nor do I have respect for a culture or belief that feels people are not equal based on skin color or sexual preference. It's all a mind set and hopefully this world can change.

Indeed. Many of our own 'civilised' nations would do well to check our own back yards before throwing stones into others. Still, human nature and all...

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
The whole thing has a cartoon edge to it. Its worse than the fundies who insisted that MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN was going to ruin Christianity (a bit late for that by 900 years)...

...Islamic extremists differ from Baptists in this country in that the country they live in will tolerate their behavior.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

To start, you know as well as I do that most theocratic governments are run by zealots. Second, Islam has to be the most abused faith in the world. There are more people that construe the true word of the prophet Muhammed to benefit their own goals. I think such may be the case in Sudan. However, whether you respect their policies or not, if you go to Sudan you should know what you are getting into. I don't think this poor teacher had a clue. We would never go to Sudan because we have serious issues with their policies at the moment. That poor nation is in a state of crisis and civil war. Tensions are racing and this is exactly the type of thing that will happen in a nation just waiting for a military raid by an outside nation.

Perhaps this is what Sweatyblackballs and Dong 20 may have been getting at.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So if you buy a Teddy for £10, name it Mohammed then sell it for £20 have you made a prophet?
Wow...you would be welcome in the world of accounting! Looking for a job?:biggrin1:

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To start, you know as well as I do that most theocratic governments are run by zealots. Second, Islam has to be the most abused faith in the world. There are more people that construe the true word of the prophet Muhammed to benefit their own goals. I think such may be the case in Sudan. However, whether you respect their policies or not, if you go to Sudan you should know what you are getting into. I don't think this poor teacher had a clue. We would never go to Sudan because we have serious issues with their policies at the moment. That poor nation is in a state of crisis and civil war. Tensions are racing and this is exactly the type of thing that will happen in a nation just waiting for a military raid by an outside nation.

Perhaps this is what Sweatyblackballs and Dong 20 may have been getting at.
Oh yes, I took that into consideration...I just see red when these kind of issues come up. I would never travel to that part of the world either...the only way I would end up there is if my plane crashed and I had no choice in the matter. I have for the longest time wanted to go do charitable hospital work in some of those countries, but I won't because I am afraid...I help how I can and give monetary support. My parents were going to go to Haiti for a year and do medical work but it proved to be too dangerous at the time.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me I am responsible for my actions and my actions alone. I seek to live through higher ideals, it is something I have decided for myself. If Islam at its heart is peaceful, my question is why is there so much hate associated with the religion. The people that hate are not religious in the true sense, their leaders which promote hate are listened to by the people. These people do not have to listen to the hate message, if my government ordered me to kill, hate etc. I would refuse, I am going to die anyway so I would rather die knowing I have taken an independent decision to understand and not join the masses just because of my fear. Fear is not a legitimate excuse for murder and abuse.
This is my general view of all and not centered around religion per se. I see hated in families in friendships, work, in all places there is human interaction.
I also see people learning becoming stronger, taking responsibility to understand their circumstances, funny how these people tend not to run around screaming how RIGHT they are.