The Bloody French!!

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
That is clearly your line, no one said that. Like many said before, also the 'dumbass grandkids' that you call us, is that we also know that not only the British army saved the captured in Europe. We are full aware that the Americans, Russians helped too, also the resistance in the captured countries.

Ans still repeating, that is not what this thread was about. You are really an ass, thinking you know more because you're older, well that is bullshit and lately many people here are telling bullshit when it comes too the younger people. What you are saying is just crap.

I think you may be misunderstanding Hazel, Pieter. He is saying that it is the grandkids of the US vets who say they saved our (Europeans) ass.

With the hindsight of our knowledge of the Nazis, I would be surprised if anyone really thought that it was just a European problem.

Ronaldo and Rooney may be the superstars of the Man Utd team, but they wouldn't win much without another nine players.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Has anyone considered that the French no longer consider Liz "all that and a bag of chips?" Or maybe she has to wash her hair and clean her oven that particular day.

Sorry, my UK friends, the "The Royals" are your particular problem and I'm less than impressed and even less interested.

We have some constitutional issues to resolve, that is for sure, but in the meantime, we won't stand for a lame duck Prime Minister trying to undermine the prestige of our Head of State. Prestige, incidentally that she has earned from fifty seven years of service to this country.

For all the revolution tag, can I remind you :wink: that President, Congress, Senate, is a copy of constitutional Monarch, Parliament and Lords, (imitation is the highest form of flattery :biggrin1:), just our Monarch has done 14 Presidential terms. Pretty good value for money really.

Quite right Drifter. The whole world's ass was on the line and each state or person contributed the most they could depending on circumstances.

The "we saved your ass" line is indicative of an attitude which I have never heard expressed from the men and women who were actually there.

Yup - great post!

Drifter - yeh, it does seem like it was our Gov who was to blame...possibly signalled as far back as the 60th Anniversary in '04 - when they said they no longer wanted to commemorate D-Day individually, but as part of Remembrance Day (too soon for that imo - it was a momentous event, and quite a few vets still alive).

if i've offended anyone...i regret that, not my intention

Thanks - much appreciated. :wink:
I googled on Martin Gilbert btw - seems he's Churchill's official biographer, which is pretty impressive.

MidlifeBear - Bit of a Monarchist here (but not a problem if others aren't lol). The Queen has been a figurehead here, and of the Commonwealth for over 50yrs, and was herself involved in the war effort (at a munitions factory, and in the land girls, i think?)...so I feel she has every right to be there. :p
Imo, the Royals lend the UK a gravitas and sense of occasion that we wouldn't otherwise have - and also attract a huge amount of tourist revenue into the country. Not really relevant to the thread though, I guess. :p

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is clearly your line, no one said that. Like many said before, also the 'dumbass grandkids' that you call us, is that we also know that not only the British army saved the captured in Europe. We are full aware that the Americans, Russians helped too, also the resistance in the captured countries.

Ans still repeating, that is not what this thread was about. You are really an ass, thinking you know more because you're older, well that is bullshit and lately many people here are telling bullshit when it comes too the younger people. What you are saying is just crap.

yawn

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media

Fuck you man, what an asshole you can be. Rude too everyone, a know-it-all. People like you the world can miss. You're pathetic loser.
I can defend here a lot and be calm, but clearly no sense at all.
fed up with all of this, I know my history too and I will defend the people you call names here. No one would miss you asshole!

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck you man, what an asshole you can be. Rude too everyone, a know-it-all. People like you the world can miss. You're pathetic loser.
fed up with all of this, I know my history too and I will defend the people you call names here. No one would miss you asshole!

yawn

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Relax, buddy. You don't gain anything by stooping to his level. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, no matter how skewed you may think it is.

Hmmm...methinks we're wasting our time here. The lovely mrpond is a lost cause.

I'm sure I recognise his avatar though - I think he's one of those ppl who did Litvinyenko in...

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
These violations are subject to a sanction up to and including, permanent ban, depending on (cumulative) severity:
  • Falsification of one's date of birth
  • Flooding, and other forms of spam

• Content whose primary purpose is to disrupt or inflame - This includes homophobic, racist and sexist content and general trolling. Trolling covers a vast array of behavior but mainly revolves around members who consistently post in a manner which they know will upset others, members who insist on going off topic to serve their own agenda (which has nothing to do with the topic at hand)
Careful, hon; I'd hate to see you go.

ryan25yo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm really pissed off that the french didn't invite HM the Queen to the 65th anniversary of the D-day landings. :mad: I find it incredibly disrespectful to our country considering we were a large part of the force that liberated them (for the second bloody time).

Especially as she is the only head of state concerned who actually remembers the event and served in the armed forces herself leading up to it.

Having lost family members to its cause, I just hope our contribution in Europe is not being forgotten.
Just wondered if any one feels the same... I may just be ranting. lol
Coming from an American I don't know if this counts, BUT...I think it's an outrage that HM the Queen was not invited! She is, after all, the Majesty of England!