The British National Party. How Likely are they to get a seat?

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
The Key seat is Barking. A massive Mutli-Cultural area, but they seem to think they can tap into white fear there. I personally dont feel they will get a seat. They are now running In Portsmouth and will do well there but wont beat the Lib Dems and labour there. In Barking, UAF have been campaigning against them for weeks and its going well, so ive heard.

Griffen is gonna get screwed there.

What do you guys think?

tomthelad91

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not a chance in hell.
It's just scaremongering :)
If they win a seat, I'll eat a cactus.

As much of a chance as UKIP have of taking Buckingham, aka, none at all

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
The issue with UKIP is, the only chance they have of winning are in Tory strongholds. And they are simply minority tories, so they have no chance.

I have a friend in the party and he said, if we left EU, they would fold back into the tories.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The system is designed to prevent anyone except the top two parties getting anywhere, which straight away gives any other partyy a problem. The plus point for BNP or UKIP is that they are pretty much single issue parties. If you like their issue you may go for them irrespective of anything else. The BNPs best card is when they make reasonable statemnts about overcrowded britain and largely unrestricted immigration, both of which are true and neither of which either main party has dared to do anything about. The main parties ignoring these issues gives extremists a lot of support from people who would not go so far as the extremists but agree there is a problem.

Exactly the same sort of thing happened with the SNP, whose support has fallen off now Scotland has gained a moderate degree of independence, but not the full independence SNP diehards want.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think there is any chance of BNP getting a Westminster seat. Nor do I think they will have much of an impact on the other parties - they seem to be taking the few votes they do have relatively evenly.

The contrast of course is UKIP that will impact on the Conservative vote.