The Case Against Mother Teresa

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I`m Saint Luka of LPSG!
:):):):)
yes, yes, u can touch my dick and put your little finger in my ass :):):)
Only the little one, cause I`ve seen some of your FINGERS on cam!!!!

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Billions in donations over the years and instead of fully investing in helping the poor with medical care and welfare. Open more places to spread the faith! Abortion and contraception is EVIL. Yes there are poor all over the world so there should be more places. The point is though, why spread resources to so many places instead of focusing on just one place that would do the most good? Should there really be "missions" (and hence missionaries) in 100 out of the 195 countries of the world? Spread that faith sister!

By 1996, she was operating 517 missions in more than 100 countries and today is assisted by over one million co-workers and billions of donations.
Missionaries of Charity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Shaming Mother Teresa - India
16min long

S

superbot

Here's Mother Teresa, from her acceptance speech for the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize: “Abortion is the worst evil... if a mother can kill her own child, what will prevent us from killing ourselves or one another? Nothing.”

Mother Teresa built a reputation on supposedly helping to alleviate poverty. Her constant message was: “Let us promise our Lady who loves Ireland so much, that we will never allow this country a single abortion. And no contraceptives.”

This is a woman who saw no connection between poverty and too many children.

Mother Teresa was once asked: “So you wouldn’t agree with people who say there are too many children in India?” -- Teresa's response: “I do not agree, because God always provides. He provides for the flowers and the birds, for everything in the world He has created. And those little children are his life. There can never be enough.”

Religions warps us. Religion impedes our common sense. How can a woman who saw thousands of children die from malnutrition and suffer starvation sternly advocate for "No contraceptives"?
Ah,but those without any faith who are all to ready to rubbish religion haven't as yet cracked the poverty problem have they.You see if were that easy eh??!!....

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
According to Christopher Hitchens.

Mother Teresa: a combination of showbiz, superstition and populism. She was a great "marketing tool" cynically and exploitively used by the church in an opportunistic way. A cruel exploitation of a seemingly simple and honest woman. She brought the church "good publicity". Teresa was a "profane marriage of tawdry media hype and medieval superstition"... which gave birth to an icon "which few have since had the poor taste to question."

According to Hitchens, Mother Teresa was not a friend to the poor. She preached that suffering was a gift from God.

Teresa of Calcutta suffered greatly, as her letters later revealed, from a lack of faith. During the last 50 years of her life, she, in effect, had no faith. It's not that she just questions the existence of God. She stopped believing in a divine Jesus altogether. Christopher finds this touching and moving because the letters "show someone who's striving very hard, as hard as a person could, to believe, and failing to do it." She made up for this failure by an excessive zeal, hysterical overwork, ostentatious poverty, preaching a very fanatical and dogmatic version of the catholic church's dogma.

In India, Mother Teresa ran a "home for the dying", a hospice which purportedly "sweetens the last moments of otherwise destitute lives". This hospice was basically 2 rooms: 50-60 men in one, 50-60 women in another. They dying had their heads shaved and all were on World War I type stretcher beds. There were no chairs. No garden. No yard. No nothing. The dying were not given any medical care. Asprin for the pain is about it (some had terminal cancer). Needles were used over and over and rinsed under cold tap, never sterilized. "There's no point," one of the nuns said. No antibiotics were given, a staple in regular indian hospitals.

Mother Teresa: "Right from the beginning, I wanted to serve the poor purely for the love of God. And to give them what the rich people get with money... I wanted to give to the poor for the love of God."

On the wall of this "home for the dying" was a sign: "I am on my way to heaven".

Mother Teresa was a virgin who preached very strongly against birth control and any form of contraception. She lobbied for laws limiting abortion. Although she claimed not to have been political, she was used by the Christian Right.

She was also a salve. Western people in first world countries like to feel that "somebody" is ministering and sacrificing herself to the sick and needy in third world countries; "rescuing" them. It makes the West feel better.

Christopher Hitchens makes the case that Mother Teresa simply accepted the idea of the poor. She did not wish to help them improve and change their lives. She's not bothered with that agenda. She had no interest in tackling the real problems of poverty. Mother Teresa simply wanted to rescue their souls before they went on to eternal life.
And Hutchins has done what precisely in his life to help people?
I think what really bugs me most about MT is she did not care about poverty - and the roots of poverty; and the solutions for poverty - so much as saving souls. Her big "flagship" hospice in India (for the dying) was not interested in saving human lives so much as saving eternal lives.
So, this is what she believed in.

WillTom27 said:
I think there is an evil in this. It reminds me of the evangelical parent who refuses to give his child surgery or a blood transfusion or some other life-saving operation -- and chooses to pray to Jesus instead. Mother Teresa was not big on medical care. Her missions were not even set up for acute medical care. Yet, she received the cancer patients and terminally ill patients and, in effect, "prayed to Jesus" , foregoing traditional hospital care.

She said that condoms were a greater threat than the AIDS virus.

I get a bit irrational whenever Mother Teresa or the Pope or the evangelical christians start thinking that Jesus trumps science and the medical community and common sense.
And you have done what with your life? Further, there are those who do honestly believe that God will save them from illness and that if illness takes them or their loved one or if great woe befalls them, then that that is a test of their faith to being a good person to see if they can continue along a path of decency and not decide, 'oh well. God failed me, I can go and fornicate, steal, lie, abuse, cheat, kill, etc. etc. since there is no God.'

It's all just perspective. No one is a saint and no one is perfect.
Don't try selling that argument to atheists and holier-than-thou bloggers and Internet abusers.

This is a woman who saw no connection between poverty and too many children.

Mother Teresa was once asked: “So you wouldn’t agree with people who say there are too many children in India?” -- Teresa's response: “I do not agree, because God always provides. He provides for the flowers and the birds, for everything in the world He has created. And those little children are his life. There can never be enough.”
And in a sense, God has provided. The food is on the planet, it is merely greed and politics which have kept it from being distributed from areas with an overabundance to areas which are currently unable to grow crops or provide from what they do have to feed all the residents. The planet has the means.

WillTom27 said:
Religions warps us. Religion impedes our common sense.
Religion also gives many people strength to push through life. Warping? Depends on who you ask.

And WillTom27, you've done what, exactly? When and if you can point to the great and wonderful deeds which you yourself have done, and when and if you can show how you gave your lifeblood to assisting others in the only way in which you knew, then and only then will you have the damned right to be coming in here and attacking a person who is dead. Yeah, real classy going after a dead person! (makes me wonder just how pathetic your life must be if this is the route you chose to take)

If Mother Teresa was as dreadful and personally self-seeking as you try and make it sound, she would have opted for a nice cushy post somewhere. A place where she'd have slept on clean white linens nightly and dined on the finest foods. The option was clearly there for her at any point in time after she had first become known for reaching out.

Willtom, you remind me of the scuzzy folks who criticize the homeless, yet, they have never taken the time to sit down and talk with a homeless person. Contrary to what many choose to believe, the homeless are often times not raving lunatics or drug addicts or alcohol abusers. Many-the majority, are people who fell upon hard times for one reason or another. Many others are people who were never given basic living skills-how to live within their means, get a decent waged job, further their education. Your criticism of Mother Teresa is none better than those who mock the homeless or those who try to help the homeless and the other down and outs.

So she didn't have the best skills, so her faith was shaky at times. She was human. Perhaps you and her other detractors think you're better than she. Ask yourself, what have you sacrificed within your life for the benefit of others. Did you forsake personal pleasures for your lifetime for the sake of others? Every person who enters in on service within the Catholic Church has the opportunity to get at least a mildly comfortable job. There are always new prelates and novates starting out with all good intent and people in the clergy making amends for carnal sins, who will take the tasks that persons such as Mother Teresa took for so many years. She could have left what she was doing at any time if she had so chosen. She didn't because, somewhere within her there waa still that basic element of faith and the belief that to help others in the only way she knew was the best way to live.

And what of the detractors? Did they, have they, rushed to Calcutta and built state of the art hospice centers? No? Neither have you? Then stop casting aspersions towards a now deceased person who did, most likely, more than you or I ever have or will.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah,but those without any faith who are all to ready to rubbish religion haven't as yet cracked the poverty problem have they.You see if were that easy eh??!!....

True, but she didn't even advocate steps, such as providing contraceptives, that may have helped alleviate it a bit.

In an interesting side note, the Indian government is now putting electricity in slums and either subsidizing the purchase of or encouraging the purchase of TVs, so couples will watch late night TV, as opposed to *ahem* further worsening the overpopulation.

D

deleted213967

Does anybody know what miracle(s) she allegedly performed?

Too embarrassing to dwell on really:

Yet another "miraculous" patient recovery reported by some delusional nuns who claimed that the lucky (and properly treated) patient had been in contact with an object touched by Teresa.

Some photograph taken in very dim light, but coming out in high-definition. Divine light or new state-of-the-art Kodak film? You decide.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Mother Teresa did not advocate against poverty because she believed that poverty increases suffering and she ACTUALLY BELIEVED THAT SUFFERING IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL.

Her "hospices" did not dole out any medications, did not alleviate pain, because she wanted the dying to suffer the process of dying to bring them closer to God.
Being a member of her order was all about cleaning up the vomit, and puss, and shit and piss of the dying, because THAT was a way for the novitiate to rack up plenty of their own suffering.

She hoped that in witnessing all that suffering she would witness some transcendent moment that would cement her own beliefs... but she never found that transcendent moment.

The Idea that she would not be celebrated if she weren't special is foolishness. Media and governments pick people nearly at random to either exhalt, or castigate, and it has nothing to do with the subject's merit or guilt... but with whether or not the public readily embraces or decries the poor bastard thus singled out.
ETA- in the west, in particular, if you attach religion, and especially if you slap Jesus on it, then it gets an instant pass to the realm of 'well intentioned' and morally superior.
It's simply not true. On average, MOST things on which Jesus gets stamped are not particularly nobel nor morally superior.
Its just the convenient fiction the media and the public tend to buy into to validate their own delusional hope of eternal life.

Teresa thought EVERYONE should suffer.

That makes her fucking sick and twisted. No matter how noble her religious inspiration.

Last edited:
S

superbot

Mother Teresa did not advocate against poverty because she believed that poverty increases suffering and she ACTUALLY BELIEVED THAT SUFFERING IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL.

Her "hospices" did not dole out any medications, did not alleviate pain, because she wanted the dying to suffer the process of dying to bring them closer to God.
Being a member of her order was all about cleaning up the vomit, and puss, and shit and piss of the dying, because THAT was a way for the novitiate to rack up plenty of their own suffering.

She hoped that in witnessing all that suffering she would witness some transcendent moment that would cement her own beliefs... but she never found that transcendent moment.

The Idea that she would not be celebrated if she weren't special is foolishness. Media and governments pick people nearly at random to either exhalt, or castigate, and it has nothing to do with the subject's merit or guilt... but with whether or not the public readily embraces or decries the poor bastard thus singled out.
ETA- in the west, in particular, if you attach religion, and especially if you slap Jesus on it, then it gets an instant pass to the realm of 'well intentioned' and morally superior.
It's simply not true. On average, MOST things on which Jesus gets stamped are not particularly nobel nor morally superior.
Its just the convenient fiction the media and the public tend to buy into to validate their own delusional hope of eternal life.

Teresa thought EVERYONE should suffer.

That makes her fucking sick and twisted. No matter how noble her religious inspiration.
Do you actually believe this crap?!!

JamieBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let's see....
A Catholic Nun Geography teacher goes to an Indian City - (India 80% Hindu believers) - and sees people left to die lying in the gutters.

She tries to give those people a chance to die with a semblance of dignity. This becomes her "mission".

AND twathead Phil Ayesho recons that she thought:
...."EVERYONE should suffer.
That makes her fucking sick and twisted. No matter how noble her religious inspiration."

Nice one you Fucking idiot.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Do you actually believe this crap?!!

buddy, I was raised catholic. I am familiar with her order, and with her writings on this subject.

Teresa lost quite a few nuns over the decades, some of whom became disgusted with her fetishistic attitude toward suffering.
Your ignorance and willingness to buy into a PR campaign is typical of the folk who supported her and never asked why none of the tens of millions donated to her went to buy BEDS that might have prevented or minimized the suffering of the dying in her care.

Last edited:

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Let's see....
A Catholic Nun Geography teacher goes to an Indian City - (India 80% Hindu believers) - and sees people left to die lying in the gutters.

She tries to give those people a chance to die with a semblance of dignity. This becomes her "mission".

AND twathead Phil Ayesho recons that she thought:
...."EVERYONE should suffer.
That makes her fucking sick and twisted. No matter how noble her religious inspiration."

Nice one you Fucking idiot.

This.

S

superbot

buddy, I was raised catholic. I am familiar with her order, and with her writings on this subject.

Teresa lost quite a few nuns over the decades, some of whom became disgusted with her fetishistic attitude toward suffering.
Your ignorance and willingness to buy into a PR campaign is typical of the folk who supported her and never asked why none of the tens of millions donated to her went to buy BEDS that might have prevented or minimized the suffering of the dying in her care.
So being 'raised a Catholic' qualifies you to make such ludicrous statements? Nice one!... Precisely what 'PR' (?) campaign am I supposed to have bought in to? I base my opinions on knowledge and clearly not the 'Talking Heads' nonsense that you CLEARLY have gleaned from someone elses interpretation of the facts.Frankly,if you have as I suspect been reading the gospels according to 'St Hitchen' then might I recommend his 'take' on the late Princess of Wales,it's all much in the same vein and written exclusively for gullible Americans and no doubt you will 'swallow it whole!!!' Hey ho!