The Case for Circumcision. (Click and be convinced)

D_Biff Wellington

Experimental Member
Media
I think it's kind of interesting that you cannot produce an argument so you just crack a joke and say that you are leaving.

No, its just that my arguement wasn't taken seriously, I was intially simply written off and called a bunch of names; as a result, I responded with the same level of maturity. If you wanted a legitimate arguement, I don't think this thread is the place to do it, frankly.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, I'm with you. See I'm Jewish, so my opinion doesn't count around here on this subject.
I don't recall anyone on my side saying your opinion doesn't count. What you wrote in the latter part of #26 would devalue your opinion in the eyes of some readers.
My rights as a Jew to practice my own religion aren't anywhere near as important as the questionable moral value system of the anti circers.
As if to say disallowing infant circumcision interferes with all other aspects of your religion.

I'm not going to comment on the remainder of the post.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
Perhaps I missed a post elsewhere in which Rowing88 said he was leaving. I hope that isn't the case.

At the beginning, Rowing88 did say he was interested in the American female opinion on his own, personal findings regarding circumcision or the lack thereof. I will say, he also sent me a very polite PM thanking me for my serious response to his observations and nowhere in that PM did he ask to see more explicit pictures or ask if I'd like to cam with him. That's a far cry from the bulk of the PMs I've received.

I can understand why he's feeling a bit on the defensive. And perhaps he could have worded his original thoughts in a more amelioratory manner but is the harping necessary? On either side? Really?

I mean, ...can't we all just get along?!

(Sorry--I couldn't resist that last line. :09: )

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rowing88, you've made an assertion that you've been "called a bunch of names". I now ask you to state in writing what was said and what post(s) it was said in.

If your don't answer I will ask this again later.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Note to all: Initially I was going to pass on jafer's post yesterday but temptation has gotten the best of me, so, apologies in advance ...
Most Chinese and Japanese men have short foreskins. Most adult Chinese and Japanese men have their glans totally or partially exposed when flaccid.
Hey! I'm impressed with your knowledge of Asian physiology. Where did you do your studies?
In China, Japan and Korea, most circumcisions take place in childhood and adolescence due to foreskin problem.
Your knowledge of Asian medical practices is simply astounding! Do you have a medical degree from an Asian University?
In these countries, a totally covered glans when flaccid already constitutes a medical reason for circumcision, irrespective whether there is phimosis or not.
Gosh! Aren't those Asians weird? They think that a "covered glans" is a medical indication for circumcision. I guess they don't know what a natural penis should look like!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't picking on you its just your reasons were so superficial and selfish.

Don't listen to me. But don't listen to the bullies in the lockeroom either. Be your own person and let your children be free to make their own choices too.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rich-9.8, "debate" is much too tame. Practically every circ. thread becomes contentious or worse. That's how they are and I'll say: always will be.

D_Biff Wellington

Experimental Member
Media
I wasn't picking on you its just your reasons were so superficial and selfish.

Yet is sex not, at its most base level, superficial and selfish as well? If you found a darling, kind, charming woman who was 400 pounds, would you have sex with her? I'm sure you'd go for the supermodel.

I hardly find myself to be selfish as I'm hardly suggesting that I wish to hoarde some sort of resource from other people. I also don't find that I'm being that tremendously superficial - I posed a series of points, and you're all free to disagree with them in a calm and collected manner. I don't exactly remember when I asked for a deluge of rather nasty attacks on my sexuality and physical person however.

I'm sure several people reading this are, presently, thinking that I'm overexaggerating. Yet, am I really? Marriage is, generally speaking, as permanent as circumcision (or at least it should be and both seem to be reversable at any rate).

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Comments, questions, concerns? I'd actually be sincerely interested from hearing from American girls on this topic.

Good, because I was born and raised in the U.S., and I am truly horrified.

I'm uncut, but I probably will have my kids circ'd. I realize that its a traumatizing process and that they loose a significant amount of feeling. However, there are a few facts which I find to be irrefutable in my part of the states:

They are not facts, and they are not irrefutable. They are your limited experience in the place where you live. They are not justification for irreversibly taking something from your sons that cannot be put back.

a. Cut guys last longer in bed.

Absolute bullshit. How many cut vs. uncut guys have you slept with? And even if there were any truth to this statement, it is still not justification for genital cutting without consent.

b. Being uncut alienates you from your peers. I get shit in the locker room on occasion, and while its not something horrible, any significant differences between men puts a kid in a difficult position.

The percentage of American uncut men is definitely increasing with each generation. Raise your kids to be self-confident. Comfort and reassure them...teach them that their bodies are beautiful, and it does not matter what others think.

And even if it did matter, it is still not justification for...well, you know.

c. American girls have no idea what the fuck to do with them. I had one actually have the gall to ask me if I had a birth defect with my penis. Really now, that is totally uncool.

Then you should have educated her. I hope you did.

As I said, I was born and raised in the U.S., and I did have to be taught what to do with my partner's uncut cock. But any girl too dumb to learn what to do with an uncircumcised penis, or too judgmental to want to learn, is not a fit partner for your sons anyway.

While I'm sure that there are a slew of health issues which give both sides creedence, I find that I keep coming back to the social issue around circumcision as sex, after all, is a social thing.

IMO, there is no more attractive & charismatic person in a social group than the one who glories in his/her own uniqueness and that of others.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Another case for circumcision: Phimosis, Smegma and Paraphimosis
At the bottom of that page is the following:
Short frenulums, long foreskins, weighted tips (frenar bands), and other issues common to the uncircumcised male often end up causing diseases of the penis including cancer and balanitis.
Typical.
No, the case against infant circumcision is the man's right to self-determination. No one that I'm aware of opposes adult circumcision. It's all about human rights of those who can't give their own consent.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rec3000, that's a good reason but not the top reason. Any surgery has risk. Thus, the reasons for it have to materially outweigh the risks. When there is no indication, an adult can decide for himself, an infant can't. If there's a birth defect or disease, then the balance could change.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I do not spy on other men while in congress with another woman. If you care to look up my posting history, you'll see an entire thred to privacy in the locker room. Aside from that, I'm not even totally straight, but a rather curious bisexual.
Thanks for your reply,but you didn't answer the question.You haven't had sex with a man,you haven't watched another man having sex,so why do you have the impression (saying it's an "irrefutable fact"!) that circumcised men last longer?
Is it because circumcised men tell you it's so? Do they also tell you that cutting the end off something makes it longer?

I hope you didn't regard the question "Are you gay?" as an "attack on your sexuality" which you refer to above.It was a serious question.I'm curious to know where you got the information that you think is factual.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yet is sex not, at its most base level, superficial and selfish as well? If you found a darling, kind, charming woman who was 400 pounds, would you have sex with her? I'm sure you'd go for the supermodel.

Well, when it comes to sex, there are practical matters to consider and having my dick massaged by folds of blubber isn't exactly a turn on:biggrin1:

Circumcision is not reversible. Men can grow new skin, but much of the specialized tissue has been excised and cannot be replaced.

Why not let they guy choose? Why force it on him?

It's so stupid.