The Case for Circumcision. (Click and be convinced)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Another case for circumcision: Phimosis, Smegma and Paraphimosis

rec, I'm glad you posted both sides of the debate here... but the first one is the only one the pro-RIC guys will pay attention to, so that's the one I'll address.

Yes, those conditions can exist, but I've never had any of them. My penis has always been healthy, and I keep it clean. I've had six surgeries in my life - wisdom teeth extracted, appendix removed, and two neuroma surgeries in each foot. Each of those was corrective, not preventive. I'm happy that my parents chose not to authorize preventive surgery on my penis.

rich-9.8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wait, why didn't you mention Muslims,too?

Well, duh, it's because they're evil:rolleyes:

*waits for danerain to burn his embassy*

I think more likely because he, like I, cannot remember the name of the person who perfroms ceremonial circumcisions for Muslims.

A quick Google search reveals that he is called a Sunnetci, and also that circumcision is done at puberty, once the boy can recite the Koran. I'm a bit happier with this because it is done when the boy has a good chance of validly deciding to go through with the procedure himself, as a way of confirming the faith he has been part of all his life. It would certainly be acceptable in Scots law that most 13 year olds can decide whether or not to have a surgical procedure for themselves.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A quick Google search reveals that he is called a Sunnetci, and also that circumcision is done at puberty, once the boy can recite the Koran. I'm a bit happier with this because it is done when the boy has a good chance of validly deciding to go through with the procedure himself, as a way of confirming the faith he has been part of all his life.
Rich I don't think you understand this at all. The individual has no choice in the matter whatsoever. Only shame and dishonor if he should try to get out of it or show pain.

The way I understand it, Muslims view intact males as not yet mature. You are not an adult male unless you've had the end of your pecker lopped off.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
... It would certainly be acceptable in Scots law that most 13 year olds can decide whether or not to have a surgical procedure for themselves.
Jerry has already replied but, rich-9.8, I'm sure you realize that "Scots law" doesn't apply outside of Scotland. It may not even moslems within Scotland. Religion has a tendency to overrule civil law. Christiaan of The Netherlands wrote about a Turkish friend of his in: http://www.lpsg.org/854498-post56.html ... below is an excerpt.
The other boys who are cut are the Turks. In changing room, they pretty much stay together. It seems they are not cut mostly until 9 or 10 years. Some, however are in their teens when it is done. Some of them now identify more with being Netherlander and not Turks and they are not so religious. Sometimes they are from mixed marriages. I had one such friend who had a Turk father and Netherlander mother and he thought he would escape and remain uncut. But when he was 15, his father took him to a friends house and some other men were there and he was told he had to be cut, so they held him down and did it. After that, he was humiliated to be seen naked after sport because his dick was changed. But I knew his secret.
Sad isn't it?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
rowing88 since you didn't answer the following ...

rowing88, you've made an assertion that you've been "called a bunch of names". I now ask you to state in writing what was said and what post(s) it was said in.

... a default answer goes in effect: it didn't happen.

Obviously you're too immature to admit a mistake.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
rowing88 since you didn't answer the following ...

... a default answer goes in effect: it didn't happen.

Obviously you're too immature to admit a mistake.

You're splattering entrails all over the place with the fury of your beatings. Dude, leave the dead horse alone.

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being uncut in american is slightly more uncommon now and when your sons are men will be even more so, you can easily tell a woman what to do with a foreskin...
Circumcision has been more common on the West Coast and among medical professionals (talking about America) for the last few generations. The last I read, those with circumcized penes were less susceptible to infections in the area (which were promoted by poor hygiene when men didn't adequately clean under the foreskin).

I really can't understand how men can make value judgements about sensitivity. The only men who could possibly know are those who had circumcision as adults for a before-and-after comparison (preferably with a polyplethysmograph). I know they are called "lie detectors", but I really want it for getting a hard copy of the stimulation levels. Even then, I am less sensitive to stimulation now than when I was in my teens. Whether that is due to being jaded or, more likely, lower testosterone levels as we age is up to debate, but how can you adjust for that?

I certainly have no scarring on the head which interferes with sensation. The complaints that being circumcized damages the head and that you might as well rub sandpaper on it seem specious; I mean, really, where do you buy your underwear?

I still encounter skilled fellatrixes from time to time who can make me come when they choose, but most women just put it in their mouths and move their heads and tongues a little, with no real understanding of what they are doing (or no intent). Can't really blame that on being circumcized.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Circumcision has been more common on the West Coast and among medical professionals (talking about America) for the last few generations.
I don't know about "medical professionals" or how you would know the circ. rate of them but the western region has the lowest circ. rate in USA, < 32% in 2004, per NHDS, and it's been lower in that region for quite a while.
The last I read, those with circumcized penes were less susceptible to infections in the area (which were promoted by poor hygiene when men didn't adequately clean under the foreskin).
The reference for that had to be circlist.
I really can't understand how men can make value judgements about sensitivity.
Take a look at clinical research: Fine-touch pressure thresholds in the adult penis

The rest of the post isn't worth commenting upon.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The way I understand it, Muslims view intact males as not yet mature. You are not an adult male unless you've had the end of your pecker lopped off.

I doubt that they cut the whole head off. They cut off a little bit of skin.
Get over it, dude. We're all sick and tired of your anti-circumcision talk.
We all know that you're cut and unhappy.

There are plenty of us who are cut and glad we are. Be proud that you have a penis that works. You could have ED and not be able to even get hard or you could have been born with a micro penis and had serious problems.

Look at the positive side.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For those of you who think the foreskin isn't part of the penis, please check Gray's Anatomy. It was written before circ. became "normal".

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I doubt that they cut the whole head off. They cut off a little bit of skin.
The foreskin is the end of the flaccid penis. They cut off flesh. Skin is where nerves are. And underlying smooth muscle fascia. I believe it's called Colles fascia. That's why cut dicks lack the softer padded ballpark frank appearance when they are erect.
You could have ED and not be able to even get hard or you could have been born with a micro penis and had serious problems.

Look at the positive side.
You're reasoning is screwed up dude. You make comparison between bad situations and conclude that genital cutting is okay. Why does that make sense to you?

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Another case for circumcision: Phimosis, Smegma and Paraphimosis

Phimosis is a foreskin that is too tight. Almost all uncut males will not suffer this problem. For those who have this condition at the onset of sex should probably be circumcised. No one in my family has ever suffered this. I would like to say that all males in my family has been taught from a very early age the necessity of pulling the foreskin back and cleaning and that this is the reason none of the males have ever had this problem, but that would only be a guess. This may be a uncureable problem with some males but it is surely not enough of a % of males to justify removing foreskin from all males born. Do it if it is the only way to cure this problem.

Smegma is caused by not pulling the foreskin back and cleaning on a regular basis. I myself have pulled my foreskin back and washed this area every morning while washing to get ready for work or just when I get up in the morning. I also wash this area when cleaning before bedtime, or before a date and of course before having sex. Anyone who thinks a penis on a circumcised male that hasn't been cleaned for several days is any cleaner than a uncut male that cleans on a regular basis is nuts.

Paraphimosis is a inflamation caused by a infection associated with poor hygiene. This would probably happen to a male if he is cut or uncut. Unclean is unclean, cut or uncut.

Like I have said before: The head of my penis is kept clean enough you can eat off of it.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
rec3000, that's a good reason but not the top reason. Any surgery has risk. Thus, the reasons for it have to materially outweigh the risks. When there is no indication, an adult can decide for himself, an infant can't. If there's a birth defect or disease, then the balance could change.

I was alluding to the link that I shared, not my personal opinion or anything about self-determination.