"The Catch"

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by TylerDurden, Feb 23, 2006.

1. TylerDurden

TylerDurden New Member

This question came up last night durig a talk with a few of the girls I graduated high school with, and I thought it would translate to an interesting discussion here - Ladies, do you prefer a man to think that you're a "catch," to pamper you and generally be like a man out of a romance novel? Or do you like a more cocky-type, with an attitude that he's the catch for you, and who makes you work for the affection?

Our discussion ended with the ladies agreeing to disagree, as they were divided right about 50/50 on this.

2. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Really, neither of those, taken pure, is the real deal for me. I love a cocky man, someone who is deciding, has a clear line of thinking and a forward attitude. I don't like players, weirdos or guys who think that it's all about the big appearance. Neither do I want guys to become all sappy, softish. It irritates me enormously. So, the romance novel type of guy is missing in action too.

If you want to have a good description of a man that's attractive to me, take a look at the 1964 (or 63?) movie Mirage, starring Gregory Peck and Diane Baker. Take a look at it.

3. PussyWellington

Albums:

How about a combination of the both. A guy who's cocky enough to know that I'm a catch and responds accordingly. In his endeavours I realize he's a catch and we're both caught.

A man out of a romance novel...I'm picturing Fabio on the cover of some thin, carefully read dusty mills and boon....no way......sounds a bit dated for me. Romance however will never go out of style. I was always more inclined towards a Jackie Collins (before I discovered literature).

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

I've gotta go with the rest of the girls here, either extreme would be repulsive to me. I need a guy that's confidant without being cocky, masculine without being condescending. It's great when you both appreciate things about each other and TELL your partner easily what you like about them. None of these "strong silent types" for me, fuck that- boring.

I tend to make a point out of making the guy feel special, I know a lot of men don't get a lot of that, so I like to make them feel wanted.

5. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

This is important. I also like to make a guy know he's appreciated. And that works for both non-sexual and sexual aspects. And that's not all selfless. I think most men will really go out of their way to please a woman if he knows she appreciates it. Again, that works sexually and non-sexually.

6. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

Fawning is unnecessary, but I do want the guy to make me feel like HE feels he happy to be with me. I don't just want to be an appendage on his arm to make him look good or show up other guys. I also like to make my guy feel special, so it's just nice to have that reciprocated.

7. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    I think it works best when both are giving & taking & truly appreciate one another's uniqueness. Both doing some pursuing & being pursued & both praising & complimenting one another. Those old fashioned romance novels are out!
    However, at the initial onset the guy has to show interest in me & be willing to have patience. Taking the time to develope a relationship is truly worthwhile & I can honestly learn what really puffs up his ego ,etc. & makes us want to be each other.

8. 10inchPlus60

10inchPlus60 New Member

Ahh ladies...the male ego can be fragile at times...other times not...but making him feel special does wonders for confidence both sexual and non-sexual....when this happens to me I always reciprocate in like ways...I find little forms of enderment be it romantic or not to show my appreciation to my friends and lovers :smile:

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Every guy finds out what "The Catch" is when he innocently answers the question,

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

10. Chuck64

Gold Member

Pecker - Answer me honestly, Does this dress make me look fat?

11. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

OMG! I recognize you! You were the nurse that took 25 minutes to put that Foley catheter up my dong the last time I was in the hospital! Then I found out it wasn't even ordered! :eek:

12. Chuck64

Gold Member

It took me 20 minutes to tape two of them together so it would be long enough...

Draft saved Draft deleted