The Cholesterol Connection

B_quietguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I got my physical, the doctor measured my cholesterol and testosterone levels. He found out that my cholesterol level is really low, and my testosterone level is really high. I didn't think much of those two separate facts until somebody showed me this chart from Wikipedia. It shows that people can convert cholesterol into testosterone in several ways.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Steroidogenesis.gif

So if you have the genes which allow you to efficiently convert cholesterol into testosterone, and consume lots of cholesterol, that would mean you can have high testosterone levels. I suspect I have the efficient-cholesterol-metabolizing gene since I have a similar diet as others, but they have a cholesterol level over twice mine, and a much lower libido. Also according to Wikipedia, prolonged periods of heightened levels of testosterone in a man's blood during his teen years will enlarge his penis.

Which got me to thinking: Are large penises and high libidos an effect of good genes combined with eating lots of cholesterol? Is this true for anyone else? Do you have both high testosterone and low cholesterol levels, and are those correlated with penis size? Or is this just a wild guess?

LACJohn

Experimental Member
Media
Wow really good point but I doubt that your penis will grow much larger during teen years because you eat high-cholesterol foods such as eggs and some meats.

However, I do think your libido is higher when you eat lots of cholesterol, because when I go through bulking phases in my weight training, I eat alot of eggs and my sex drive is really high. I lift the same amount when I'm cutting weight, but I don't eat as much food and my sex drive is a little lower...usually.

B_bicepguy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Cholesterol is a sterol (a combination steroid and alcohol). Cholesterol is a lipid found in the cell membranes of all tissues, and it is transported in the blood plasma of all animals. Because cholesterol is synthesized by all eukaryotes, trace amounts of cholesterol are also found in membranes of plants and fungi." wiki

ie we make cholesterol, consuming it is a factor, but the low (bad) and high (good) cholesterol are manufactured in the liver. Diet, exercise and inherited factors all contribute.

A high or low cholesterol has to be defined with division between the low and high. the High offers some protection from the bad properties of low density cholesterol.

is there a link between large penis and high libido? Nope. Unless you are lucky ;-)

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Cholesterol in food must be avoided like bubonic plague.

Eggs are not so dangerous as someone says because the cholesterol found in them is nullified by another substance contained in the egg.

I've noticed when I eat eggs my ejaculation volume augment considerably, I suppose because it contains l-arginine amino acid that can be found also in peanuts and other foods; other sperm enhancing food should be tomatoes.

I think my libido is a rather psychological matter, as far as I've seen is not possible to change your testosterone level over the natural level coded in your genes; a way to supposedly increase your testosterone only between your personal level in case it's low for some reason, is to supplement your diet with tribulus terrestris extract (and the good one...) rather common amongst body builders, but it will never allow you to go over the maximum, you can go over only injecting it, it's very dangerous, rather unpredictable effects, and very likely to develop prostate gland cancer.