The Chutzpah

Discussion in 'Politics' started by str8up8x6, Jan 5, 2009.

1. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    . . . the gall, the nerve, the temerity. I've had a feeling for a while that Obama in more in love with the idea of being President than actually being president and that he has bitten off more than he will be able to chew or digest. This photo showing him with the Presidential Seal makes him look like he can't wait for the trappings of office and for the pomp and circumstance with which he appears to be so enamored (remember the "Office of the President Elect" seal). If he were smart he would have requested the Presidential Seal be removed or covered because he is not president until he takes the oath of office and as we only have one President at a time.

Attached Files:

2. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

I noticed it too. Does seems a bit odd. I wonder who made the decision to hang it.

But I am still thrilled that in 16 short days, Barack Obama will really be the President of the United States.

3. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    He was using a plane from the Air Force fleet so it was probably there already, but a politician and his staff have to be on constant watch. They should have requested that it be covered so as not to appear pretentious.

BTW, are you getting the same thrill that Chris Matthews got up his leg? Will you have an Obamagasm on Jan. 20th?

#3 str8up8x6, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  4. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

Obama can stand in front of 12 naked hookers with lines of coke on their tits for all I care. And on January 20 I will have a thank-God-we-have-a-president-smart-enough-not-to-go-to-war-with-the-wrong-countrygasm. And a thank-God-we-have-a-president-who-will-notice-when-one-of-our-cities-gets-wiped-off-the-mapgasm.

5. mindseye

Gold Member

Whenever I step off an airplane, I insist that a flight attendant drape the plane so that str8up8x6 doesn't think I own the airline when I'm photographed with their logo behind me.

6. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's stupid. When Cheney or Rice fly on that plane do they cover up seal? Don't you have anything better to do with your brain then to come up with this nonsense?

If he had asked for it to be covered, you probably would have found a way to diss him for that as well. You know...wasting taxpayer's dollars or something stupid.

#6 vince, Jan 5, 2009
  7. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    Oh please tell us, are you a celebrity hiding among the populace here on lpsg; When was the last time you had your picture taken by the press stepping off a plane? And you do realize the difference between a logo and an official seal don't you?

8. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    Nothing better to do? This from a guy trolling a penis site for political discussion. Of course I have nothing better to do, and neither do you. Would you be here otherwise replying to my post?

By the way, Cheney is the Vice President, he has his own seal, thank you very much.

#8 str8up8x6, Jan 5, 2009
  9. mindseye

Gold Member

Why should that make any difference? You attacked Obama's "gall, nerve, and temerity", not his fame.
    How would I know? I've had my picture taken by the press before without them telling me.
    I do realize there is a difference. How is that difference germane to this discussion? How, exactly, is it less galling to stand in front of a corporate logo than to stand in front of a government seal?

10. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well if this is the best you can come up with then I suggest you confine yourself to looking at the pretty pictures.

11. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    In this case I was referring to your fame, not Obama's. We already know he gets his picture taken, but you? The link to your press picture would be appreciated and I'm not talking about your mugshot.

12. mindseye

Gold Member

I don't have a link to the ones I'm aware of; none of them are that recent. I know of two appearances in newspapers from the 1970's (I was a violinist in the Charlotte Symphony Youth Orchestra as a kid), one from 2003 (an Iraq war protest), one from 2004 (a John Kerry rally), and one from 2007 (a memorial service following the Virginia Tech massacre).

If you really want the details, I'll provide them, but I think you're looking for a distraction from the really obvious point that it's completely stupid to draw a conclusion about someone's personality just because some photographer managed to get that person and some object in the same shot.

13. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    Oh yes, I do like pretty pictures. I especially like sunsets, puppies and windbags with presidential seals behind them.

14. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:

The above really made me chuckle... I love it when people just totally miss sarcasm (sarcasm being my favourite form of humour and no I don't care how low it is).

15. str8up8x6

str8up8x6 New Member

Albums:
    Nope that was no accident and that was no object, he and his staff knew exactly what door his coming out of and where that seal is and that photographers were waiting.

Furthermore, it follows a pattern, including the aforementioned ridiculous attempt to look grand, inflated and official by concocting a seal for the fictitious "Office of the President Elect" and appearing before it with a straight face.

16. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    They should just let Obama start early. I don't think George would mind.

17. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think he did start early, in my lifetime I have never seen a President Elect do so much work.

18. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Since the departure of 1Bigg1, this forum had been going for weeks without a an Obama-hating loudmouth dumbass. It's a bit of a relief to hear the other shoe drop.

19. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

... and there wouldn't be this wave of outrage sweeping across the land.

The only point worth making.

I can't decide if there's someone stupid in this thread or someone doing a brilliant parody of stoopidity.

... and they could not hide their evil.

Yes, but there's such an echo in here.
    Something dropping? An IQ? A sense of humor? An IP address?

20. earllogjam

Gold Member

I guess we'll just have to wait a few months str8up8x6 to see if your observations of Obama are correct. Why not hold judgement until then? At least then you're argument might have a leg to stand on....or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted